Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums

I've been with you faggots for a long time, and this is one of the few times Ive actually made a thread.

I've come with a question, and a somewhat serious one at that. How many anons who are somewhat succesful (read: who have a master's degree, succesful business, or a high paying job), frequently consider suicide? I find myself getting fed up of life, the drama it brings, and the constant shit that society pours out. I dread the idea of working until I die of either decrepitude or old age. I feel that it sometimes might be easier to just end it all.

At this point I fear life so much more than I fear death, and to me, an exit might be easier.

I'm thinking more and more that it wont get any better. Can perhaps other anons shed some light on this matter.

Is 85k high? If it weren't for my kids, I'd probably given more credence to my thoughts of suicide. I fucking hate life a lot of the time.

Of course, I'm a friendless old bastard that's socially isolated himself as far as I can, pouring days and nights into my work.

I'm a biochemical engineer, but my career is a chef, and I used my uncle's inheritance to put a down payment on my restaurant. Now I own 3 properties, and use that money to fund my projects, so I don't have to rely on a private company and end up giving them all of my research.
The point being, unless you have your own business, you are guaranteed nothing. No matter what degree you get, you'll work for someone who will take all the credit and give you a paycheck that they think is fair. I learned multiple trades, including a farming and agriculture degree and I worked in construction when I was a teenager, so I know the in's and out's of commercial properties. You have to be self-sufficient or else you lose.

In all seriousness, suicide is an answer. and one you should consider. turning the light off is as easy as flipping the switch, dont be scared

Jeez, 2 posts in before the first 'do it fgt' post. Must be a new record.

No fgt here.
nor sarcasm or hate.
you are allowed to take your own life, and the fear of suicide in this world is kinda sad.
1 second of pain and its over.
ID SAY THATS WORTH CONSIDERING!

What do you do for a living?

Hi Sup Forumsro

I hold an MSc from a top Uni in my European home country and an MBA from a top 20 (but not Ivy League) us school.

I think about suicide every day. It runs in the family. I've had many days where I felt that my life hinged on a very small thread, where only the thought of causing others pain through my suicide kept me from going all the way. It went so far that I went through living in Texas for two years without ever so much as holding a gun, where all my fellow Europeans always go to gun ranches, because I didn't want to have that temptation.

Let me tel you this. It can get better. It will get better. But you need to talk to somebody. Somebody you can trust. But it doesn't need to be a best friend. For me, it was a good friend, only over phone too, but far from my best friend. It can be a therapist. A religious authority of you are so inclined. Or just a helpline. Talking about it is the first step. Then it will get better.

Good luck. And always remember: Feeling suicidal? Good. The world is now your oyster.

confirmed for pussy who is afraid of death, and will always be boxed in by his fears.

>How many anons who are somewhat succesful frequently consider suicide?

Congrats, dude.

You just found that the real life - the one really worth living - is not sex, drugs and rock'n'roll.

Neither is anything that you can buy with money.

>If it weren't for my kids

You arbitrarily stated that your life meaning is "muh kids".

Then, if they take the wrong way (for example, wasting themselves with meth while transitioning to trannygay before suiciding), you just doomed yourself.

Never said that it was dude. But a life without perspective is a very scary thing.
Interesting one. I am currently in an Msc. program that focusses very heavily on Enterprise Architecture. I'd love an MBA. down the line.

Doesn't sound right to me.

I'm far happier after throwing away a conventionally successful life where i was suicidal all the time because of boredom and loneliness for a life of sex, drugs, and partying.
Degree in neuroscience, about to enter med school, spent free time in the hospital or studying... wasn't happy and went another way.

>frequently consider suicide
if i'm winning at life, which i and my wife are, then that is just fucking laughable. hmmm, let's see. everything is going my way, plenty of money, the world basically at my fingertips. let's see, now i should kys? are you nucking futs?

I got two master degrees, one in Computer Science and one in Theology.

But in this fucking eurocountry only once I landed a $60k/yr job.

After the firm went bankrupt, I just got back home. Now I'm living with parents in countryside, have regular sleep/diet habits, half a dozen fruit trees, and still wonder why I had suicide thoughts when I had a job, a girl, and two fucking useless master degrees.

So now what do you do? What are your hopes? Your dreams? Your vision for the future? Or are you just playing it by ear?

I kinda stopped reading when you equated having a post grad qualification with being successful.

Sorry user.

Considering most anons are between 18 and 28 with some oldfag exceptions, and taking your own business or a well paying job in the equasion I feel that it clearly depicts 'success' in this early state of life. The lone teenage mil/billionaire aside

Make a change. A BIG change. You might end up making less or some other step down, but it's worth it if you are able to actually enjoy your day-to-day.

I'm seriously considering cashing out and buying a small farm, for instance. It'll be a few more years yet, so the kids can get their start, but there's no way I'm going to continue doing what I do now.

Daily. Depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain, not an imbalance in your life. Get on some SSRI's and walk to work whenever you can

Define success user, I've a missus, two kids a house and am pretty content with that in terms of success, what makes me happy though is completely unrelated to what I do for a living.

>financial perspectife/wealth
>a future for growth
>social status
>a role in life that is somewhat enjoyable
>a healthy work-life balance

I don't recommend it, but if you do please send me some money paypal.me/4chinyo
also 2$ is enough im a fucking poorfag

I am completely unsuccessful, but life is pretty fun most of the time tbh bro. Try doing something new if your depressed, like robbing a bank, travelling, doing cocaine. A 'successful' life us very often misinterpreted as a comfortable and yet uneventful one.

So that's a hell of a lot more broad than your list in OP, assuming you are OP?

I am OP. These are the things that I long for, but fear of not getting.
I am considering moving abroad after I get my master's... or going the other direction.
I kind of feel lost at the moment to be honest, hence making a thread in this place.

ITT everyone is a millionaire neuroscientist

getting out of suicide thoughts is quite an achievement. I don't know about my future, but clearly the present is good

>Millionaire
>Neuroscientist
Pick one please

Honestly user, you need to work out what works for you. I had no idea what I wanted for a career when I was a kid but I did know I wanted a family and a home that was mine to do with as I willed. Try different things, IMO a job is a means to a living, too many people live for their job in a effort to have a "good" job.

Not in my nature dude.

Those are things I want as well. Imo, a job is a way to get there though

>Sup Forums

REEEEEEEEE

Agreed, just be careful of the trap of the job being all consuming, which is great if that's your thing and soul crushing if its not.

At my lowest points, once which was just a couple weeks ago, I'd never really be capable of killing myself. But I certainly wanted to die. I would have embraced death if I knew it was coming. There's no question about it. Whatever your benchmark for success in life is, it doesn't prevent emotional pain... e.g. crippling problems with personal relationships.

Agreed