What do you think is the best Harry Potter movie? For me it's between Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban

What do you think is the best Harry Potter movie? For me it's between Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11011400/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

goblet of fire, pretty good CGI and you finally get to see he who shall not be named.

This is the only HP movie I haven't seen, so it's time to watch it.

First two movies are great Chamber being my favorite, everything else is a mixed bag with the third movie being the absolute worst.

chamber is kino

first three are great in my opinion

3>4>6>7part2>5>2>1>7part1

3>who cares

They're all good in their own way

no

2>1>3>4>5>6>7 both parts

Movies progressively got shit

Is his hand a fucking CGI ?

Chamber is probably best, closely followed by Azkaban.

I would even put Azkaban first, only if the time machine wasn't such deus ex machina, holy shit.

None because it's easily the dullest etc

What?

Pretty much my list, although 1 and 2 are equal in my book. 1 was the most magical, but 2 did everything right as well. 3 was still great, loved the different direction, but the real decline set in with 4 (although Voldemort's casting was pretty good). 5 was just horseshit. I actually liked 6 better than 5, but only a bit. 7 p1 + p2 sucked absolute balls.

What are some similar not shit movies? Teenagers with special powers, school setting, stuff like that.

Agreed. It's easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Atlas Shrugged in God Tier
come on, you could post less obvious bait

strawpoll.me/11011400/r

We already decided. Personally

3>7>6>5>2>8>1>4

This

Deathly Hallows Part 1 or Goblet of Fire

It is the only hp movie with a geniune emotional moment... you all know the one

goblet is one of if not the worst imho the directing is batshit and deathly hallows part 1 is one of the best though

All this cham ber of secrets love

Bros I tgought I was alone this whole time I really think 2 3 4 are the only hp movies that are actually great all around movies the rest are mediocre to shit

Say what you will about the philosophy, but the writing itself is some of the best ever. Rand shows a mastery of language and syntax.

I just love Goblet for its pacing between each trial and the ending with Voldemort. Voldemort's return is the most intense moment in the entire franchise.
It's probably the only time the stakes felt real and that nobody was going to come and save Harry. He was properly fucked and the atmosphere felt incredible.

Is this bait? thats one of the worst ones.

Normies love goblet of fire and surprise chamber is consistently the worst rated in the series, i love it but as a movie it has its faults with the directing so naturally Sup Forums contrarians think its the best

Well I love both book and movie, the graduation of conflict and final encounter are top notch. The scenes in chamber are pure kino.

Top tier
2 3 6 7.1

pretty good tier
1 4 5 8

there ya go

3 is the best directed but was the worst book adaptation along with 6

2 is interchangeable with 1 and isn't remembered that fondly but was the best book adaptation

thats why 3 and 6 are two of the best films

I actually liked Half Blood Prince too. Good ranking.

HBP love!

sure

but I'd be lying if I said I didn't mind it when Ginny made Harry close his eyes in the Room of Requirement and hid the HBP's book.

anything with Ginny was pretty bad shoulda just given him the succ. Shame because they had chemistry in chamber of secrets at the end

Swap DH Part 1 with CoS and that strawpoll list is perfect

agreed actually, damn are you me?

no we just have good taste

The 7th movie in both parts. As the movies got more dark it became more real to me. Also growing up with the series from the ages of the actors being exactly the same as represented in the movies; it was pretty cool how they developed over time. The worst or most forgettable one was Prinsoner of Askaban. It was just so forgettable and even if its the start of the new dark like cinematography. It sadly falls short. 1 and 2 are just interesting in their own light and opens the story up. A bit to cheerful tho

Harry m' boy

Good to see love for deathly hallows wallomby, but i love azkaban too

Their acting in this is top notch and the best they did in the entire movie series. Normie faggots like 1 and 2 because they are pussies

the acting went up from ootp to hbp to dh, they did a great job glad to see you appreciate it too

The dragon fight is cool and so is all the rivalry between the schooks also the trial scene with barty croach was p kino

Also seeing reif fiens act giddy and exciting to finally be able to kill harry potter was fun af too bad fiens had to deal with shit directors the rest of the moview his performwnces were lost in bad direction

Yea I enjoyed it but newell is such a maniac in performance directing Hermione ends up seeming like the level headed one in the film

You samefagging over and over isn't "we", pedocus

This pasta is so funny I laugh every time.