How come people don't read books anymore?

How come people don't read books anymore?

as an aspiring author, this is a sad statement.

Because kindle. Why is that sad? Still a book

Halfway through infinite jest my dude. The knowledge contained in that work has been the antidote for my psyche getting continuously poisoned and rotted by vapid entertainment and modern values.

many people do, you just get the illusion that people don't because the internet is full of pic related

no one wants to read your derivative and lame trilogy of shitty sci fi. just stop now.

I don't have time in my life to be sitting down for an hour reading. There's much more productive things I could be doing - the only time I have time to read is waiting in airport boarding lounges.

I can't read. Major Depressive Disorder. I literally can't focus on lines of text on a book for too long. But i should try getting back into it, things have gotten better since.

you never know. you might like it.

popcorn brain

i actually have a book/library fetish
i blame my rearing

I read books all the time. I just finished Astrophysics For People in a Hurry which was a fun read and now I'm currently on The Collapsing Empire which is nothing like any Sci Fi book I've ever read.

great book. too bad about dfw

it would be sad if it were true.

hold up yo
this shit is my jam
* taylor dayne 'listen to your heart' plays *

There's zero need for an intermediary medium (words describing visuals) in a world, where motion capture exists.

david foster wallace is terrible, and if you're starting your "reading career" with him you're a poser and should stop

How is it retarded? It's the truth. There is no fucking need for words describing what shit looks like if you can make a fucking picture of what shit looks like.

>describing what shit looks like

if that's all you think it is, than good luck in this world, you simp. there is so much off with your line of thinking, i could write a novel, but it's not the place and you apparently wouldn't be able to comprehend it without someone to act it out anyways... it's appalling that there are people out there who are as cognitively disfunctional as you.

There is actually evidence that people are reading more than in recent years, even if it is not with physical books

i'm dead serious

Tell me what you can do in writing that a movie can't do 100% better you high and mighty piece of shit! FOX News elicits more emotion in a hot second than your fucking scribbling ever will!

i've never seen such low quality bait

>the sounds of summer...

nah, you are just seriously retarded and basic.

no u
i read the first 400~ pages of infinite jest from the library and loved it, then i bought it and lost all interest, then i got so sick of seeing it on the shelf and being that guy who has an unread copy of ij that i threw it away. ive only hated it more and more since then

They do, they're called inmates.

>can't argue for shit
>commence dumping of insults
Fine writing skills indeed, you have a way with words that surely merit writing "novels".

You were born a century too late, books for entertainment are antiquated, barely anyone gave a shit about the likes of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Game of Thrones before they appear on screen, and they are a thousand times more intricate than anyone who frequents Sup Forums would be able to write, get over it.

>no u
proof of retardation. followed by:
>
i read the first 400~ pages...and loved it, then i bought it and lost all interest, then i got so sick of seeing it on the shelf and being that guy who has an unread copy of ij that i threw it away. ive only hated it more and more since then
so blame the author. yes to logic! its david wallace's fault, not that you are a douchelord with issues...yeah, that must be it...

Please kill yourself faggot

Modern technology

By people, you mean millenials? Because they are millenials.

I try to read books because I really enjoy it, but like other people have said it takes alot of time up. I rather be doing work or something else. Unless I'm in a situation where I have to sit around and wait on something

Reading books is jewish brainwashing? Wow, you must be stupid as fuck.

>can't argue for shit
not that user, but this isn't a formal argument, and even if it was, someone's 'arguing skills' are hardly relevant.
>commence dumping of insults
attack for ad hominem.
>Fine writing skills indeed, you have a way with words that surely merit writing "novels".
follow immediately with ad hominem. nice, you should follow that up with something that is totally off, like a statement that is totally not factual--this is Sup Forums after all...
>barely anyone gave a shit about the likes of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Game of Thrones before they appear on screen
good job, way to go (how the fuck do you think they were even chosen for screen if they weren't wildly popular (hint: they all were, be careful,your tv-zombified excuse for a mind is showing.)?
>thousand times more intricate than anyone who frequents Sup Forums would be able to write
don't be so sure. dumbass.