Should i go join the French Foreign Legion?

should i go join the French Foreign Legion?

millitary here wont take me so its my only choice, but I would feel bad leaving my mum (I am the only family she has, rest are fuck ups) but I think I need to go to stop myself from fucking up.

if dubs reply il go this summer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/weDSliJBvuU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do you think the FFL will take you if your own military won't?

Why can't you enlist at home?

Dubs of truth

buds and I am gone, History of crime at a young age, it is spent now but they still wont take me because I used a weapon (UK).

If you have a history of violent crime, the Legion won't take you either. This isn't 50 years ago, when they'd take any scumbag willing to carry a rifle and put his life on the line for a new start.

If you have one or two isolated incidents of minor crime, you'll be fine. If you have a documented history, especially violent, or have been convicted of a serious crime, they don't want you.

That said, if you're otherwise fit and don't mind living in shit conditions for shit pay with a lot of shit people, and being considered even more expendable than a typical soldier, go for it. You'll either get some discipline or get binned.

was only two crimes commited, armed robbery and possesion of a bladed artifcle, both nearly 10 years a go, otherwise im healthy and work out daily both weights and aerobic

The French Legion doesn't care about your past.

I'd bet good money the armed robbery fucks you. But head to Aubagne and give it a shot. Worst case, you're rejected and get a little holiday in France.

Yes, dipshit, to an extent they do.

thats the way I see it, if they wont take me its a win win situation, but I dont know how to just up and leave without knowing my own fate, what do i say to people? screw you all and see you in hell?

do it mate. Wanted to for years. Going for an air force officer position for my own country but if i don't get it i'll have to be generally enlisted, definitely thinking about FFL just for the hardcore experience. I'd love to be chucked in with a bunch of rag tags building a brotherhood to last a lifetime, fighting and dying together. Sounds like the stories of old warriors and one to last a lifetime. Great Reputation they have - Yoda

My dad joined the FFL when he was 17 using a fake passport. He ran away from his family and didn't say a word to them about where he was going.

Not necessarily. You can always just go back home after you've finished your commitment. Just tell them you're leaving for a few years to get your shit together.

3 years though, and its at least 1 year with no contact, just feel sorry for the decent family I would be leaving behind with the shits.

That's awesome! Did he keep in contact with his parents during or after? How did you come about? Can you speak french now?

The FFL was literally created for people with a history of serious crimes, where are you getting your information. As a policy they are not allowed to look you up when you enlist.

It's 5 years for initial contract, not 3.

Not anymore mate it's all changed, They apparently prefer men with military backgrounds as well. (which seems kind of counter intuitive don't it haha)

Did the EU force France to abandon the all political refugees go through FFL or did they do that on their own?

After yeah. He was born on a us military base in Europe and given up for adoption. Some locals adopted him and raised him. Him being adopted was a secret to the rest of the family because his adopted father was sterile. He hates his adopted father, so he left and joined the FFL.

He was eventually kicked out of the FFL and came to the US where he joined the Marines, then he got into trouble for something he did and was put in military prison. Both families (adopted and biological) came together to get him out on parole early and get a job.

I came about a few years after that. He won't tell me a lot about what happened. He's clearly ashamed of something he's done, and I also think he doesn't want to relive it. I've learned most of what I know about his military service from my mom.

this/ they should've put em all through FFL. Imagine the size of their army haha

Yeah, it was, almost 200 fucking years ago. It isn't quite the same now. Et mes informations sont de servir pendant 5 ans dans 2e REP.

They must have changed it again, says they dont check papers if you don't want them too. But i guess your right in regards that you're more likley to get accepted if you do show papers

Forgot to mention, no I can't speak French, but I can speak some German.

God that's a story mate. Bloody interesting life your dad's had! If it was an indie film i'd probably watch it.

>(UK)
It's funny how the UK went from "Fuck Europe And Support Brexit" to "We're So Fucked Better Enlist In Another Country's Army Than Stay Here" in under a year.

At least If you get shot the french medical system will get you help before gangrene sets in, plus they don't engage in meaningless corporation remote-controlled wars like Irak in 2003...

You don't need to speak French, they'll teach you.

>but I would feel bad leaving my mum (I am the only family she has, rest are fuck ups) but I think I need to go to stop myself from fucking up.
>(I am the only family she has, rest are fuck ups)
> think I need to go to stop myself from fucking up.
>fucking up.

Nigga you dun goofed. You already fucked up. Fucked up your life so bad with petty crime that the fucking army wont even accept you, so you've got to leave the country to join another army.

Newsflash: only fuck ups join the army. You are a fuck up for two reasons:

1) You want to join the army (This proves you have no aspirations or ambitions or any other options lol)
2) Petty crime

an hero faggot

I don't plan on joining.

Not OP but I was nearly diagnosed with schizophrenia and I'd also like to enlist in the French Foreign Legion.

bump, this thread's really intresting

youtu.be/weDSliJBvuU

So your father was Deutsch i'm guessing. Really interesing mein Sup Forumsruder. Ever considered joining the FFL yourself?

That isn't what that says. That says the Legion doesn't help get you a visa or residence for France, not that they don't check your fucking paperwork or background.
You literally have to hand them your passport in person, and that's the beginning of preselection.