Does film set in the 80's feel better?

Does film set in the 80's feel better?

Film tv shows?

Idk that setting to me makes it more watchable which is weird?

There was no social media bullshit / cellphones / memes. It was way more comfy.

Oh and I forgotten about SJW, today everything you do or say is judged by loudmouths

HANG ON WTF IS THAT

That's my pet doggo, captain leptus

from the movie Xtro

This, essentially. No internet. No connected world. Simpler times.

Feels a lot more comfy than now

a dog breed found in eastern europe

The movie is garbage dont bother

>le born in the wrong generations

Fuck you, it's great

I'm not saying anything like that. I live my own way and I find movies reflecting my way more entertaining than others.

>Simpler times.

This "simpler times" meme is silly.

The 80s were not simple. YOUR dumbass was the simple one.

Lacking the "always connected" nature of the present times means, yes, it objectively was a simpler time.

>Does film set in the 80's feel better?
I think so. As someone born in 91, films in the 80's (and early 90's) just feel comfier to me than any other time. As others have said, probably the lack of technology. Films actually made in the 80's have a very certain aesthetic and look to them too that I love.

dude 80s lmao

You're confusing presentation with reality. 'Movie 80s' is artificial.

I find anything made or set during the 20th century to be far more watchable than made or set during the last 16 years. A big reason is that I think the late 90's is when patient pacing and editing came to an end in mainstream cinema and now most films are tailored for people who have ADHD.

My personal preference are the 1930s and 1940s. The music, fashion, architecture, slang, etc of that period is maximum comfy

XTROED.COM

how can white bois even compete

I find anything made or set during the 20th century to be far more watchable than made or set during the last 16 years. A big reason is that I think the late 90's is when patient pacing and editing came to an end in mainstream cinema and now most films are tailored for people who have ADHD.

My personal preference are the 1930s and 1940s. The music, fashion, architecture, slang, etc of that period is maximum comfy

Fucking Christ it looks terrifying

There was PC shit, even back then, but it wasn't bad PC. The Political Correctness of today is the eXtreme version of it with a lot more angry Autism.

Example:

80s: We need to talk about rape so people are aware of it and do something againt it.
Today: DON'T EVEN MENTION THE WORD RAPE YOU TRIGGERING SHITLORD!!!!!

80s: Don't make fun of that guy because he's gay. That's not cool.
Today: YOU'RE HOMOPHOBIC! I'LL TELL THE COPS AND START AN INTERNET CAMPAIGN AGAINST YOU!!!

>Lacking the "always connected" nature of the present times means, yes, it objectively was a simpler time.

WTF does this even mean.

If anything, "always connected" makes our life easier. I know a lot of dumbass teens who can't get to Walmart without a GPS.

I am an oldfag. Interesting someone not even born in the 80s finds them comfy too

Fuck outta here with your boogeyman shit

It's probably because my father raised me on films like Big Trouble in Little China, Predator, Die Hard and some non 80's things too like The Dollars Trilogy and Bruce Lee films. I've been watching classic 80's films since before I could even speak, so they almost feel like they were my generation.

80 were a weird time where a lot of Americans got really rich but at the same time a good chunk of the country was engulfed by a huge crime wave, urban blight and drug warfare.

Modern era is shit but it's boring type of shit, not the attractive gritty proto-cyberpunk setting of the 80s.

>where a lot of Americans got really rich but at the same time a good chunk of the country was engulfed by a huge crime wave, urban blight and drug warfare.
Probably wasn't a coincidence.

I'm just saying. In the 50s everyone got richer but in the 80s there was a huge contrast/inequality.

it's called Reaganomics the massive failure that fucked America beyond repair

It's a great practical effects movie. The birth scene is breddy gud.