Why

why

New formula for balancing means that Hip Hop releases get bumped up in the rankings

Hip Hop is the most generic and laziest ""genre"" in existance.

The fact that there are ""people"" who listen to hip hop and STILL think they have good taste shows how far we're away from god's light.

If you listen to the trash excuse of a genre that is hip hop you should leave this board immidiatly.

It's objectively the bets album to come out all year, it's only real competetion was saturation which is overhyped by white suburban trash like you.
And a crow, which loses all it's weight after a single listen, extremely boring with next to no replay value.

DAMN. Is not kendricks best project, it's simply better then everything else released this year. Also the greatest commercial success for an album this year too. Which is commendable because it's vary rare that an album is highly rated by critics and a commercial success.

need webm context

super ultra bait

not objective.

This shit is just sad.
When everybody in the top 5 has released better projects than the ones they're in the top 5 for, you know it's a pathetic year.

why is rym full of p4k drones?
lmao this is fucking pathetic

>DAMN. Is not kendricks best project, it's simply better then everything else released this year
Just from the hip-hop category, how is generic trap rap is better than Vince's latest?

Jazz is the most generic and laziest ""genre"" in existance.

The fact that there are ""people"" who listen to jazz and STILL think they have good taste shows how far we're away from god's light.

If you listen to the trash excuse of a genre that is jazz you should leave this board immidiatly.

Nothing about it is generic trap, there's not a single trap instrumental on the whole thing, just regular hip hop instrumentals.

At worst there are two "generic" songs loyalty and love and even then kendricks vocal inflection and delivery sets it apart.

Also, vince is latest was average at best, hit or miss beats coupled with sub-par rapping. The highlight of the entire project is kendricks verse and that's just said.

Hearing him explode on that beat is like a massive reality check as to what a lot of these songs could have sounded like if vince was an elite rapper.

Young Thug's was lucky to get bumped up really high by a handful of ratings just before the last chart update. It's down to like 3.2 or something now. Vince's was released after the chart update, but is very likely to be bolded at the next update.

god doesn't exist.

>Beautiful Thugger Girls
>4.02
what the fuck

>vince is

From 98 reviews, a lot of which were samefags on different accounts. It's 3.2 now.

Really? Like, are you serious?

For a lack of other good releases, I believe
No way this is more than an 6/10 album

todd is a manlet

This but unironically

This one surprised the he'll out of me, as well
For a second I thought 'wow, maybe there some GOOD trap out there'. Then, I heard the first three tracks and dropped it, wondering how that alb ever got more than three stars

Yeah, they haven't revealed the specifics of it, but hip hop stuff all moved up a lot after they changed the formula. It's why Yeezus is bolded at 3.44

underageb& leave this board immediately

Nice try

>autism
I'd tell you to leave too but you're who this site is for

(You)

>autism
autism

You seem to have forgotten about country.

>progressive folk chamber folk
Really bending those terms for this shit.

Why DAMN. doesn't have "Trap rap" and "Pop rap" as tags is beyond me considering that's all it boils down to
The only reason the "Conscious hip hop" tag is there is because it's Kendrick

>AOTYSF is the live recording of an artist's 3rd best album from a performance recorded over 18 months ago

what did they mean by this?

How come anybody states this they're immediately bombarded with fedora and neckbeard memes?

>rym

>rym
Also 2017 has been a letdown for music.

Beceause most people are full retards and have no taste in music. Just listen to any top 40 shit from 2004 to today and you know it's true.

Sufjan and Thugger will drop like a stone out of that top 5 by the end of the year, end up in the top 20 or 30 range at best, the other three probably won't drop as hard if at all.

>west coast hip-hop
lmao is it the 90s still?