How old were you when you grew out of hip hop?

How old were you when you grew out of hip hop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RaBdSCjAY
youtube.com/watch?v=XYknBbyDkCM
youtu.be/SVNT3NzJj1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Around 3 years ago, so 23.

Unironically 14.

I'll get out of hip-hop if it means getting into her.

I'm going to grow out of hip hop and into a dry martini

I remember being childish like you guys, I was 15 when i actually decided to listen to hip hop, and till this day it's the most inherently interesting and compelling musical genre there is.

What do you mean grow out of hip-hop? There are hip-hop artists who produce songs with more depth than your favorite artists are capable of producing. TPAB is one album that comes to mind.

When DAMN was released.

16 desu
I still listen to some good rappers but I'm really tired of the memerap shit

>people like this actually exist
Yikes!

>grew out of
I never got into hip-hop. I was in middle school in the 80s when Beastie Boys and black rap artists started getting air play. Then I found alt rock on a local college station WOXY 97-X. So yea, fuck hip-hop

yes and cuckolding is the most inherently interesting and compelling sexual fetish, good sir -tips-

>Memes instead of a valid counter-point

user, you have the mentality of a literal nigger.

it really really angersm moi that some people can smoke weed legally because they happen to live on a different spot of this globe

I'm 26 and I've dabbled in hip-hop the last 3 years or so. Felt like a natural move from jazz and funk. There's some good stuff out there. I don't like modern hip-hop though.
Trap can go fuck itself.

im growing out of raw black metal and old school heavy metal right now at the age of 19, getting into modern hip hop - cloud rap, trap, whatever it's called with suicideboys and all that shit

I only listen to instrumental hip-hop now

Have you listened to Menahan Street Band? If not, check out their second album The Crossing.

cosigning this
WHO

says the one listening to nigger music
your bait needs some work lad

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RaBdSCjAY

hey jerry are you instrumental songs music?
>oh yes, certainly
so instrumentals are music?
>undoubtedly
what if I speak in meter over?
>NOT MUSIC

There's people on this board that actually believe this. You can't make this shit up.

Hip-hop and nigger music are not one and the same. What you hear on the radio is nigger music, and honestly, I can't imagine any of the artists you listen to have any more depth to them than the mumbling nigger nonsense on radio stations.

>Tpab

We waz kangs

>listens to hopsin once

Hopsin is a fucking amateur. Try again.

There are no motifs even similar to that present anywhere in the album.

People who have spent the entirety of their lives listening to music and have put in enough work in the music industry to become respected critics believe this. You're the only retard who disagrees, and many music critics would be laughing in your face right now.

>songs with more depth than your favorite artists are capable of producing
>for example the most entry level album in recent memory

Basically this sums it up. le reperations.

>Entry level
>Received a near perfect score on every single music critic site there is.
How is life as a retarded person, user?

>Received a near perfect score on every single music critic site there is.
Yeah that's exactly what it means you total pleb.

over900000000000000 XD

BLM plays this shit at their riots. What the fuck are you talking about? Alright and I are both great examples of the shitty "muh black oppression" theme.
The joke is on the people who listen to it and agree with him though, really. He's singing about how hard blacks have it while raking in the millions.

This

Whos the girl OP?

Then what even was your point in posting that absolute fucking autism? A good album isn't good if it's popular?

How about you acquire some reading comprehension first

Just post the pic with her cock out.

>Says album has depth
>"No it doesn't, it's popular!"
user, stop attempting to backtrack from that absolute fucking retardation you posted.

I said entry level, not popular, you complete fucking moron

Both of those songs were produced for radio play. "How Much a Dollar Cost" is one of the better songs from the album.

Why are entry level and having depth mutually exclusive for you?

It doesn't matter what it was produced for, the theme stays the same.

Because entry-level means to be able to reach as wide an audience as possible, so they pretty much are

How old were you when you grew out of your edgy phase and stopped dismissing entire genres of music based on the artists' skin color?

But the first single from the album criticized blacks for being hypocritical, but the user you're talking to would know that if he listened to the album more than once
Things that get popular can't have artistic depth? That's just ridiculous

Again, you're not explaining how that takes away from any of it's depth. user, the next time you think you have a witty opinion, please remember that you're an imbecile, and that you don't.

>entry-level means to be able to reach as wide an audience as possible
So....popular? user, please stop posting, you are only confirming to us how fucking stupid you are.

how old were you when i fucked ur mom

Politics, left or right, should result in a band on any board except Sup Forums. This shit is getting old, every other thread gets derailed by people arguing about "nigger music vs real music" and jewish conspiracies

I meant *should result in a ban. seriously politics made this place even worse than it already was.

Whenever I listen to Swing or Bebop, I begin craving modern Black music. Then I listen to Hip Hop and get disappointed most of the time...

>Grow out of metal
>Get into hip-hop
>Grow out of Hip-hop
After all this years the only genre the I'm still ""loyal"" is prog rock.
youtube.com/watch?v=XYknBbyDkCM
The only good thin is that you end up knowing very good band from every genre you grow out.

I'm eat that ass like a hunchback
Old school
Disney shit
Bitch call
don't come back
I'm Nic cage
I'm feelin it

>Thinking critic opinion matter

WEW

What is grown up people music then

The second I found out Matt Ox was considered hip hop. youtu.be/SVNT3NzJj1I

Radiohead

KPOP and indie shit

Jazz, Classic, Folk

i love hip-hop/rap but you're going too far with what both of you are saying lol

growing up is dumb kidz rule. Music that feels like the freedom of kidhood

IMO:

I.L.Y's
Ween

Anyone else?

Only classical music

What are some rappers that don't try to appear to adolescents as hard as possible?

Masta Ace
Skyzoo
Richie Cunning
Little Brother
One Be Lo
Qwel
Verb T
Lupe Fiasco
Common
Brother Ali
Atmosphere

Just off the top

Opposed to what? A figurative nigger?

backpacker. fuck off

grown ups dont listen to music

If you think I is about black oppression, you might just be retarded

actually im sorta startin to grow into hip hop if that makes any sense like older i get the more real the message feels and that its the good shit and more honest than all this pop garbage

i got ice cube and tupac on atm and thought about checking out snoop next

12 or 13

it's ok having opinions

you dont even understand any of that shit in that age
grown ups dont listen to you either

I didn't understand the explicit lyrical content necessarily, but I understood the aesthetic and it was rather disgusting.

This is piss poor b8 that literally everyone is falling for baka

So you're experiencing puberty extremely late in life evidently

that poor little guy is he ok :(

>it was rather disgusting

S m h is Baka now? Is that a new one? I miss t b h and f a m and being able to actually type on this dumbass website

27 and still haven't, I'll become a man soon I hope.

Still love hip hop. However, its not the only genre I listen to anymore. During My high school days, I would only listen to hip hop/rap. It was a greatness. Get stoned with my pals and listen to mixtapes and albums. Kids need to realize there is more badass and cool music than hip hop. Noise rock/pop> hip hop

around 14 when i discovered indie
then i grew out of that when i was 19 and i listen to whatever now

You can rationalize your shit taste anyway you'd like, friendo.

hip hops about women, stress, relationships, getting high, money etc
youre fucking naive and stupid as fuck if you think you understand any of it before being legal
you dont even know people yet you say shit about puberty coz of an mp3 track. that if anything is immature, naive and childish

just go back to your pussy albums its fine

>hip hops about women, stress, relationships, getting high, money etc

Weird. Hip hop just sounds like niggers to me.

satire and shitty interludes isn't very deep

This
Also who gives a shit about the boring ass themes you discuss here: That's just life. I live that I don't need dumbass music to reinforce that. If you think being mundane is being real and that that's a good thing then whatever you do you I guess. It's just so fucking small, such a limited and unstimulating approach to songwriting

about 13 years old
im 25 now
95% of rap is just trash

>If you think being mundane is being real and that that's a good thing then whatever you do you I guess. It's just so fucking small, such a limited and unstimulating approach to songwriting
musical genres don't have fixed themes anyway, you know

isn't that every genre and every category of art ever?

i actually grew into it, i was a lewronggeneration stereotype until i was 20 and my roommate forced me to listen to cold vein by cannibal ox. I started expanding my palette more and more to the point where i even like young thug who i would've written salty youtube comments about a couple years ago. Tbh I think having blanket hatred for any one genre is a sign of immaturity and makes you look pretentious.

>grew out of hip-hop
This is a kite thread by one of Sup Forums's undiagnosed schizophrenic amateur social engineers.

Go back to your containment board, Cletus.

niggers tongue my anus

Okay what else is hip hop about aside from exploring the realities of the human experience