I'm 25 years old, and I pretty much have to go back to college...

I'm 25 years old, and I pretty much have to go back to college. Was planning to get a cdl but I fucked up and got into an accident where I rear ended someone. What are some options major wise? I tried getting into stem but I am fucking horrible at math no matter how much I try. What else would be some good majors? I'm thinking of trying marketing but to be honest nothing really interests me. I would do civil engineering but again I am shit at math. So what are some good majors right now that aren't heavy in math?

What's a cdl? Im in pretty much the same boat op. Im 25. Haven't been to college since 19. I kinda don't know Wtf im doing. Im going for nursing. I figure they'll always need nurses right? Especially with the aging baby boomer population coming up. And I've always known I want to help ppl. I guess it seems like a good fit but whatever

Commercial drivers license

And yeah I have no clue what to go back for, it's such a shitty feeling. Plus I hated college from day one. Good luck to you, I'd hate being a nurse and having to deal with sick assholes and stuck up female coworkers all day long.

Hear ya both, im 30 and have debated going at all haha, got into a trade couple years out of highschool and make ok money around 70k+, still not enough for where i live. Always wanted to get into some sort of tech field, hear thats where good money is at least, i meet a bunch of different people through my line of work and data centers have it pretty easy. IT good money and easy job.

Welding, mechanic, HVAC, electrician.

There is a huge boom in need for skilled laborers. Lots of baby boomers are retiring and these jobs pay good. Starting may not be the best but you can work your way up to a very comfortable living.

Some entry level postitions WILL pay great. Especially if you join a unionized company.

Yeah thanks user. Ive actually read that male nurses are in high demand. They need males to do certain heavy lifting. And a male presence in certain psych wards or hospitals can make a world of difference. Like for instance old granny wont take her meds for young pretty bitch with perky tits but will for sweet young assertive man. Im not looking forward to female cattiness I hope I can avoid it or its just over hyped.

Soon to be civil engineer here. Im studying a lot of math, dont even try any engineering with your mental disability.

Architecture (very close to civil engineering but more artistic) is an option.
Economy can be very mathematical but is where all the "IDK what to study" ppl goes.
Lawer? Medicine? Pharmacy?
In medicine, for example, you could live without dealing with "sick assholes".
If you dont like anything, look for a new language.
Also, informatic and programming is a really good option, in my opinion.

I have considered hvac, but I dunno if I want to start over from scratch again. I do still have a cdl permit so I could apply for some labor unions but my driving record was just clean until that accident. I really am not sure what to do

Will one accident really screw you over that bad?

Seems like there would be some leeway there.

27 here, irony hits hard, went to school as a network engineer for data centers. Fast forward to now, work in the local Electrician's Union currently building a data center. 5 actually. The problem was, and will continue to be, there are a lot of jackass kids that know how to do what I went to school for just from tinkering or being generally gifted. I can also make more money being an electrician than I could as a network engineer, because for that job to pay for its self you have two options. 1. Be for-mentioned gifted at IT. 2. Know someone to get you into a nicer job. Working up the ladder so to speak is almost non existent depending on the company. So I reasoned that these places and anyone really baring an EMP blast will need power / an electrician. Find a trade, just work towards retiring at 50 (my goal) I really don't want to bust my ass into my 60's.

what are your interests user? What do you enjoy doing? Try make a living from that

Do what interests you. I was "bad at math" as well when I went back to school. Took a heavily math / science major anyway, because it was interesting to me. It was challenging and I had to study hard, but I graduated, you can too

learn to code, you don't really need to be good at math - just logical constructs.

Alternatively, you could go into front end web design and almost literally a monkey could do that.

I've done a lot of research, and rear ending someone is considered a really bad accident to have on your driving record as far as getting hired for cdl driving.. but it's not just that I also have other tickets and accidents from 2 years ago. The only reason I tried now is because I had a clean record. But I dunno how much of a factor it plays in getting a union labor gig.

A lot of companies will go by the points on your license. Tickets and accidents count naturally, but the points are a big thing. Idk about where you live, but any driver improvement class is worth +5 points.

This. The only thing I would add is maybe information systems if computers and networking are more your thing. You'd be surprised how many "IT directors" for schools and places such as that don't even know how to ping their gateway or something simple like that, especially in rural areas. You can make good money in an area like that if you know what you're talking about.

It's not the points it's the accident itself. It'll cost way too much to insure me as a driver. If you rear end someone in a truck, even at low speeds is almost guaranteed to seriously injure that person. I won't be surprised if my own personal insurance doubles when I renew it.

Journalism if you want a desk job. Reporters get decent pay for repeating what officials said.
If you have a news fetish, it helps.

Go on

Have you never done like... codecademy? The HTML/CSS info on there is actually fairly legit. If you learn some JQuery HTML/CSS/Sass you could get a job in a couple months that pays more than trucking.

Fortunately, people are fucking retarded and think "programming iz hard".

If you bother to learn an actual language you could leverage yourself into the 6 figure range pretty quickly if you know how to posture yourself.

Op here, I already tried computer science and I find programming really boring. Also the major itself has an insane amount of math. And aren't most of those jobs in NYC/sf anyway? Kinda cancels out the 100k salary thing.

Sorry, not op.
I'm a cook making 15 an hour. Just want to get into IT field. My friend works for a medical data base and says that the people they hire don't know anything (family gets them the job) and I could do better. Told me to get my A+ certificate and apply.

Nope, they're pretty much everywhere. It -can- be boring, but it's better when you're working on an actual project with coworkers and a plan. Learning on your own can be boring.

Im 21 and i guess im one of the afformentioned jackass kids who are gifted in IT, ive got a decent job with room to grow into a data center and theyll pay for my schooling and certs. As long as i krep my ass in gear, i have it made

Learn to weld properly,get coded, profit.

Forgot to mention that I would be interested in fixing hardware. I'm pretty mechanical minded.
I fix cars, motorcycles, boat motors and sell them if I see a deal.

You could always try gender studies, the world always needs more cringe.

A lot of programmers don't know what they're doing either. If you're willing to relocate to someplace where they're fucking desperate (NYC/SF) you can get a job pretty quickly with a lot more upward mobility than IT

All majors that pay money involve math. Business , economics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine. The only one out there that doesn't is probably practicing law.

Congrats, I always enjoyed the work the little bit of it I did. Moving servers and what not, my area is just loaded to the brim with people trying to get in. Living too far away kinda dampened my ability to start low and work up as well. Oh well, I might get lucky talking to one of these guys that oversees the construction of their data center. 45min drive is tolerable.

ok, i'm gonna be that guy.

SAUCE!?

Thanks, man. I dont get much now, i am a contractor at 13/hr but within the next two years i plan on having a few certs and having been hired on in the first year. That will give me access to a whole carrer path.

I was that guy, and then I also was the guy who did a bunch of googling.

Sauce is Yulia Shuenkova

vk DOT com SLASH asami_gate

instagram DOT
com SLASH asami_gate/

You would be surprised about what trucking companies will over look, there are over 100,000 needed drivers. I've had my cdl and been a trucker for 10 years now, from over the road to local stuff. Half the ppl out there can not even speak English now days. I would just apply to different "starter companies" but fair warning for about the 1st year you will not make shit, get all the shit runs. After about a year you'll have the experience to move to a better company or a different job in trucking(flat bed doubles etc) the only thing that is a 100% no in trucking is a dui.

Me too, I was thinking Biomedical Engineering. No math. Good luckand all the best to you, you'll make it work I'm sure.