*doesn't delete Sloop John B*

*doesn't delete Sloop John B*

Ok

Deleting sloop john b is such a newfag thing to do.

I hated it too the first few times I listened to the album, but now I like it.

>Deleting one of the best songs on an album that has no bad songs

You seriously need to fuck off back to plebbit.

*deletes God Only Knows*

Is pet sounds a perfect 10/10?

imo i'd say yes

Sloop John B is one of the best arrangements on the album

tfw it's hard to even rank the tracks on this album because none of them rank below 8/10

That said God Only Knows is 11/10.

>tfw my friend has generally good taste in music
>tfw he inexplicably hates the beach boys

This. I know there's an answer is also a 11/10

It's the only album that I can think of that deserves a 10/10

has he listened to Pet Sounds?

most normies think of the Beach Boys as the oldies novelty act that Mike Love so desperately wanted them to be instead of the act that transformed musical composition and production that Brian allowed them to be

have you actually showed him pet sounds?

most normies think of surfin USA when they hear of beach boys

That's probably because he hasn't heard the really good Beach Boys stuff, just the early Surf stuff

H I V E M I N D

Say what you want, but I Get Around is a great pop song.

fuck why did this happen, it's not fair mine was posted 3 seconds earlier

Just imagine how the music world would have been if Brian hadn't suffered his decades long mental breakdown. Imagine what's been lost to time, what could have been different

You know you're fucking good when Paul McCartney breaks down in tears every time he hears one of your songs

Brian's breakdown feels analogous to Dylan dying or having a breakdown after he released Bringing it All Back Home. He still would have changed popular music forever, but he would have changed it even more with Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde

Can you imagine if Brian actually finished SMiLE? It pisses me off knowing that will never get the completed Beach Boys version of that album.

i showed him pet sounds and the smile sessions and the only songs he enjoyed were good vibrations (mostly the beginning) and put your head on my shoulder. i think he just hates harmonized vocals or something it's strange

i didn't know anybody did this?

i love it because it takes a folk song but makes it seem psychedelic based on the context, plus it just fits with the running theme of brian wilson begging to go home (which i figure is both about his anxiety from touring as well as a deeper design to return to the innocence of childhood)

Are people who don't have Pet Sounds within their top ten albums of all time list worth talking to about anything