When did you grow out of Sup Forums, Sup Forums?

When did you grow out of Sup Forums, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3IxqXgchto
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when it became /r/hiphopheads 2.0

never was into the stupid ass culture, I'm just here to post my music

You mean, r/indieheads?

When I realized you were all a bunch zealous elitists who value obscurity over talent.

when tripfags were not retarded on this board also sauce?

Right about a few weeks ago, still coming here because force of habit but the board is getting slower and I'm giving less of a fuck about the content posted here

5 or 6 months ago

Just now.

What amazes me is once a week I still come back thinking there might be something different but it's exactly the same threads, music and artists as every other day of the year.

This. Also shills and waifu posting.

>Sup Forums
>obscurity

I wanna go on the board you're on.

stop trying to get me to masturbate goldman shekelstein

A few years ago, but I pop in now and then.

When it became full of 16 yo niggers and whitebois who think Kendrick Lamar is a good rapper.

subjectively both

B-but... The Top 50 Rappers of All Time

there's no fucking elitists any more you fucking new fag. the only obscure shit that's posted here is really terrible indie rock and rarely decent experimental stuff

I haven't felt super strongly about this board since Jenny Death post-release. I feel like I first started coming here when Exmilitary came out, and the entire Death Grips thing was such a roller-coaster. I'll honestly never forget it.

As time goes on I feel like this board becomes less interesting. Jerking off Radiohead and Animal Collective was embarrassing four years ago, and today it's just unforgivable.

I'm not delusional enough to think this board was ever cutting edge--we're mostly an echo chamber for whatever P4K and The Melon are talking about.

I guess I don't feel like anybody here is talking about music that I'm interested in anymore. I think it's more my changing tastes and not the board itself, but the bulk of this board is talking about white indie music, which hasn't been exciting or relevant in a decade.

This. You know when someone complains about Sup Forums listening to obscure music that they haven't been here for more than a week.

This

I mean, I'm obviously still here. But you guys just talk about the same shit every day, and now that I'm no longer interested in hip hop/indie/pop so much, I don't visit too often. Also, same threads everyday

gonna take this moment to shill my friends' band to u

Like, what's the lifespan of this shit? How long are we going to be having daily Kurt Cobain threads? How long must we talk about 90s emo bands? Like what that fuck.

I get that a band like NMH has a killer combo of weird, enigmatic frontman + 1 1/2 masterpieces + old, old school meme status--I can understand that.

But could anybody have predicted we would be talking about Cap'n Jazz, Slint, and American Football everyday in 2017? Still? I can't wrap my head around being infatuated with these boring-ass bands.

Can we be done with David Bowie yet? Have we all figured out that he doesn't even have one truly great album, and that he was just the handsome, outlandish cokehead who sang Space Oddity and Let's Dance?

Can we let Swans, who were never good and are always boring, go? Swans is like music for people who aren't cool enough to try and get into Sun O))).

Why do we still talk about the Beach Boys everyday, when they really only have one album that could ever be construed as "important"? And even then it's a pale bubblegum experimental imitation of more exciting music that the fucking Beatles were doing?

And can anybody explain that while it appears that this board is full of people trying to dive deep on hip hop, the only thing anyone ever recommends is Liquid Swords, Illmatic, and Madvillainy?

Alright, I'm done. Clearly I need to take a break from this board.

I only come here to call people fags.

Like you. You writing strikes me as gay.

when this board would rather talk some about some mainstream hip hop album more than anything else.

its just pop, hip hop and some fag being nostalgic for 2000s indie rock.

kill your self my dude

When everyone started to ask 'What does Sup Forums think of [insert band/album here]?', instead of forming their own opinions before asking for others.

seconded
>bowie no good album
>swans is a lite sunn o ????
>can't find more than 3 hip hop recs ?? on Sup Forums??

I was actually gonna ask what Sup Forums thinks of pic related earlier, but only because I like it so much and want to fight anyone who doesn't like it/get it noticed basically.

i liked it but then i realized its really dumb. some of the riffs are fun but wavves lyrics suck

Whos the bitch?

wavves sucks ass

Of all the popular artists to shit on, you manage to pick the only ones that have any artistic credibility.

>white indie music
>white person not signing with a label
yeah sounds super boring, fuck white people.

Nathan is not a good lyricist, it's established that he just writes corny emo teen lyrics into nearly every song. However, after listening to Wavves enough, you find a kind of innocence in that, especially given the multiple hints that he knows how much he sucks and hates it.
explain
>probably hasn't listened to Zach Hill stuff
>probably doesn't like noise rock Nathan solo stage
>probably watches Melon

This board died when sharethreads died.

Sharethreads were the life of Sup Forums (akin to how creepypasta threads were the life of /x/) before DMCA came and fucked things up, now you all are struggling to remain a relevant board. I'd even say Sup Forums was one of the big five boards 5 years ago, now its just bad. But that's nothing to be ashamed seeing as Sup Forums even dropped off from the big 5 and was replaced by Sup Forums

The mods on there are trash so I'm not surprised

your band you mean?
its not even bad

>probably hasn't listened to Zach Hill stuff
you mean the two songs they recorded together?
yeah they were okay.
king of the beach was pretty good when i was 16 not gonna lie.

>probably doesn't like noise rock Nathan solo stage
you mean this nathan? yeah he made some noise this show. total unprofressional asshatyoutube.com/watch?v=V3IxqXgchto

>probably watches Melon
you mean the guy who knows nothing about electronic music. not really.

No actually, I went to hs with them. They tour around the boston area a lot. And thats good, I'm glad you like them. I tell everyone I know about them

try not to take this shithole serious
critics are the shittiest part of any audience
asshole opinions

SAUCE????

When I stopped seeing albums posted that were new to me, so about a day after I came here

Sup Forums is still the biggest board you fucking retard. Although you're right about the death of the sharethreads being the reason for the drop in popularity. The reason why it's bad though is that the tripfags left. I don't know if the two are related.

>8 year old video of an artist being fucked up on drugs on stage
yeah that has a lot of bearing on how I think of Wavves as whole... For real though, why don't you like sayyy, To The Dregs, Side Yr On, No Hope Kids, Vermin, Teenage Super Party, Weed Demon.. that's good shit my man. And for the record, the lyrics are definitely not a centerpiece in no-fi, much like you wouldn't judge like, Cannibal Corpse mainly on lyrical composition.

>two songs
to be fair it wasn't that many, but they recorded a good amount of material together, enough to be worthy of mention. It's some of my favorite Wavves stuff.

And good, don't watch him. He gives everyone on this board brain cancer thinking he is smarter than them and they should just trust his opinion. Same with pitchfork though.. in fact reading reviews in general is just kind of dangerous territory because they're all struggling to maintain this kind of ethos of taste, it's fucking stupid.

Check out Life Sux if you haven't. Give Afraid of Heights another run through to be sure. And if you really don't like 'Wavves' and 'Wavvves,' I'm just.. sorry I guess

When leddit invaded and smeared their taste over everything

Just now. Peace

when i realized this entire board exists simply for autists to validate their opinions on music. there is no meaningful discussion. the only half decent general are the sharethreads. /prod/ is decent but another circlejerk, basically.

i came here originally because i thought this was a place solely for musicians, not just mindless consumers.

>Sup Forums
>obscure music

Pet Sounds is better than anything the Beatles ever released.

>I don't like black gi-

What do you (and others here) think about the soundcloud threads though? Sharing music you've created yourself, asking for and giving constructive criticism, etc?

I'm getting to that time when I'm going to have my first fully-fledged album finished soon and I'm mostly wondering what I should do in terms of getting my stuff out there, not sure whether that would be a good place to start or what I should do instead. Maybe set up a twitter or some shit, I'm still pretty new to the professional side of things.

In as much as I think the WEBM is hot I don't see what it has to do with the topic at hand.

Too skinny, no ass, can see ribs, trying to fake having an ass by arching back in the beginning but then around 16 seconds you see it's flat as a pancake, A maybe B cup titties at best, [spoiler]black[/spoiler]

No thanks.

while they arent great, theyre at least some sort of creative function to discuss over, not just mindlessly telling people their opinion for liking x and not y is shit.

i havent been here too long, like i started coming here in 2013 maybe, but the whole "pleb patrician" argument royally fucked everything. every thread is taste validation and its absolutely pointless.

I agree with that, I'm mostly just trying to decide whether this place still has value for getting critique on and promoting my music or if it's just completely not worth my time atm. I'm looking for a music community I can be a part of on the internet that actually takes making music seriously, thought I'd try here first. I'd certainly appreciate the opinion of someone who has been around a lot longer than me.

nah i used to be heavy into wavves during my hs years. but now i just can't be bothered into that stuff.
cool you're still passionate about them. i still follow nathan on twitter tho

was hoping nine is god would be a return to form. but his latest stuff still sucks imo

Sharethreads aren't allowed anymore?

t. someone who hasn't been to Sup Forums for little over a year now

They're allowed, but the links dont last like they used to.

Did mega bend the knee or are there bots scouring the threads?

A shame in any case, because some people really shared quality stuff, that I'd never find on my own

Yeah I dunno. Mixed feelings about everything since Afraid of Heights. I enjoyed listening to V and You're Welcome, but I know there will never be another 'Nodding Off' or 'Hippies is Punks' coming off a record like those. I get that Wavves will eventually rest in peace as just a musical phase for me, but I'm satisfied with that. I had a phase like this with like, Pixies and Breeders, Black Sabbath and Sleep/OM, and Wavves and surrounding strata will be a fine addition to my shelf of past obsessions. RIP this kid man

why was OP's image baleeted

nsfw content