Blade Runner Sequel will be scored by Jóhann Jóhannsson not Vangelis

Sicario composer reunites with Denis Villenuve

collider.com/blade-runner-2-composer-johann-johannsson/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

Time...to die

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCb2pKgNXd8
youtube.com/watch?v=L4ljmowphvI
youtu.be/PUpSVxoCcik
youtube.com/watch?v=vQronGkBdGI
youtube.com/watch?v=GAxnF1iT39k
youtube.com/watch?v=lCiUtRnG-bg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucker probably didnt want to leave retirement

Excellent news

I was going to avoid it anyway, especially after they cast Jared Leto.

dropped
R
O
P
P
E
D

If he doesn't at least try to emulate Vangelis this project is fucked

Not so bad. Sicarios score was the second best thing about it.

I still can't believe that all the pieces are falling into place for this movie. It's unbelievable that it probably will be good.

gee how sensational

They should just use the original soundtrack.
Actually they should just avoid making a shitty sequel that's destined to flop.

he has great music

Sequel totally unneeded and unwanted.

Actually the only way they could pull it off is by going as far away from Blade Runner as possible in the same universe.

Sicario score is solid and has nothing to do with Vangelis.

This is the first I'm hearing of a Blade Runner sequel. I see only two ways this could be good:
1. Take the Mercerism subplot of the novel and expand it into an entire film around the religion/cult.
2. Make it take place in the Off World colonies.
Anything else will be garbage.

Get hype:
youtube.com/watch?v=gCb2pKgNXd8

como lagrimitas en la lluvia

mite b good desu fampai

>replicants will jump off buildings like hulk and throw cars
>a blade runner will attempt to punch one and the replicant will grab his fist mid air and stare at it
>nightmare mode: bullet time may be used to showcase their super reflexes.

Film overrated as fuck

Good, Johannsson is working with Villeneuve also on the Arrival that is coming out so they must be clicking together.

From what I've seen, there will be minimal "wink wink" callbacks to the original Blade Runner.
They are basically making a movie set in the same world with the same principles.

Most of the info I gathered from recent Deakins interviews where everyone asks him how will he recreate the original Blade Runner setting and Deakins basically gets disappointed everytime and tries to explain they aren't trying to make the same movie, that he would never agree to work on it in the first place if it were that case.

I love Bladerunner and find the sequel completely unnecessary, but I'm ok with leaving Vangelis - who they should have gotten instead is Perturbator though.

Jared Leto is great if he has a good director above him whos know how to utilize his persona.

Otherwise he is all over the place.

Jared is awesome on the screen

Sicario OST was great.

who cares. its gonna be shite anyway. you already know so lads.

I wish they would have brought back Edward James Olmos. It would have been cool to see Gaff again.

The movie will be shit, like all the sequels/remakes that Hollywood is only capable of producing nowadays.
The lack of risk and creativity, the uniformisation necessary to cater to the broadest audience, and the use of an already established brand to assure a minimum of revenue are the three commandments of modern film industry.

A complete waste. There is literally no point in continuing without vangelis. There is literally no point in watching this now. No one should go see it. They robbed us.

Actually, this is not so ba because there is no way in hell that this sequel will come close in quality and mastery in terms of filmmaking. The lack of vangelis only confirms it, so perhaps it's better that he doesn't have anything to do with a forced sequel.

>I was going to avoid it anyway

Why? This is one sequel everyone should be excited for. I bet you're a fan of capeshit and star wars too

>Johannsson is working with Villeneuve also on the Arrival

They already worked together on Sicario and it was phenomenal. That score got an Oscar nomination.

should i screen cap this?

Isn't Vangelis kind of dead?

Nope

So, is this a reboot? A sequel? Something else? I don't qutie get it.

They have the book to make something different from the movie but I bet they are going to ruin it at trying to be different by putting together any type of Hollywood clichés in 120 minutes.

Sequel

Ryan Gosling is the new protagonist and Harrison Ford will be back too

Vangelis haven't recorded any music worth a shit in years.

i watched enemy recently and had faith after the shitty sicario

sicario had good music but im this close to dropping

electronica soundtrack is needed

villenueve...youre supposed to do your own thing but you have to keep the synth

I don't know why I found this to be hilarious, looking forward to the dub version now

This flick will bring reddit and Sup Forumseddit so close together, they might finally collapse this subchan.

no, that's game of thrones or capeshit

Johann Johannsson is already ten times the composer Vangelis ever was.

youtube.com/watch?v=L4ljmowphvI

>Sequel totally unneeded

100% agree

>and unwanted.

KEK, no. Blade Runner is always mention or appears on lists of posible sequels that people expect to happen since 80´s

Johannsson score for Villeuneuve's Prisoners is one the best album produced in the last 10 years.

This is a fact of life.

Leto will be in this?
Time to update my filters.
Jesus Christ what a horrible year this was for movies.

>vangelis dead

What kind of music you hear? the guy is pretty alive and releasing a new album in september.

That's real fuckin neato

kek

>album commissioned by the European Space Agency
lmao what's next the official single for Hillary campaign? he's done.

what's going on here

You say that like they're ruining some kind of classic film. Blade Runner was always pleb shit, same with The Matrix.

>album commissioned by the European Space Agency
>album commissioned by Warner Bros

Every OST is a Commission, every album is a fucking commission. Wake up.

2deep4me

Greekfag here and big fan of Blade Runner and Vangelis's work for it. But I think he's kind of lost it these last years.
youtu.be/PUpSVxoCcik

I enjoyed Sicario on the big screen, but have no recollection of the Sicario score nor ever felt the need to download and give a seperate listen to the film's score. Film scores these days are like that or they're aping that shite Hans Zimmer has devolved into. The last Bond film barely had the Bond theme in it, much less did it feature the Barry sound. Even John Williams does not seem to give a shit any more.

Let's face it. The times when film music was about melodies and tunes you could hum and kids would be covering those songs 30 years later on their yt channels, well, all that is long gone.

Uh... Trent Reznor just wrote a song for NASA. Are you implying he's dead too?

>Make it take place in the Off World colonies
see also: Paul W.S. Anderson's Soldier (1998) aka the first bladerunner sequel

>projection: the post
video related, it's a kid covering Johansson's Prisoners theme on his yt channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=vQronGkBdGI

DROPPED

This

Vangelis was never good, he just managed to immortalize himself with a good film. Johannsson is actually a sophisticated composer who's compositions go beyond an interest in muh synths.

Vangelis was basically a nerd you'd find on any Gear forum.

>projection: the post
This really needs to stop

Yeah, it's too good to be true. I feel like in the end some kike executive will fuck it up with his unnecessary meddling.

Why would you have that impression?

Denis hasn't hasn't done anything that cliche so far.

YOU BETTER GET IT UP, OR IM GONNA HAVE TO KILL YA

>He doesnt know that Vangelis has been doing space music for more than a decade....
youtube.com/watch?v=GAxnF1iT39k
neo/tv/ everyone

D R O P P E D - H A R D

Literally no way this will be good.

What makes you think other wise? Genuinely curious.

Good director and his good team
Good cast
Vision for the film set out to do its own thing, not cash in on previous success like TFA among other sequel reboots

>own thing

>plot of the movie is to find deckard

Yeah,no.

Also sicario fucking sucked besides the beginning bomb/raid scene and the ending.

Gross
Why didn't they just get Vangelis back?

why is that bad?

This move is going to be ok, just ok. You guys fine with that?

That's good news desu, the score was probably the best part of Sicario along with the composition of some of the shots.

Sicario had a television writer, this movie actually has decent ones on the team

I've never seen the first one, is this one of those movies that was "good for its time" or just a "classic" (such as Halloween), or is it legitimately enjoyable?

Yeah, and the plot of blade runner is for a cliche noir detective to be a bounty hunter for robots
Plot summaries don't mean fucking dick in terms of quality perception

i hope harrison ford dies soon so he can't do this movie or another indy film

To all of you try-hards who are saying that without Vangelis, this movie will be shit, congratulations, you are officially the epitome of "hipster".

This is the dumbest question ever asked on this board. How old are you? Just watch it. You're expected to have *some* experience with film before you start posting here. We don't have the patience to start at square 0 of film discussion every day when we get a new poster

I don't see the problem. Johan is a based boi.

youtube.com/watch?v=lCiUtRnG-bg

>wanting some aesthetic continuity in a sequel is being a hipster

I really wanna trust Dennis, but I have the feeling that the investigative side of Blade Runner will be put aside and this is gonna be just a generic action movie.

no the movie will be shit either way

another nostalgia cash in

who /roach/ here?

>Knowing nothing about the movie but the credits, and then writing it off because of a composer who wasn't very good in the first place.
>aesthetic continuity

>Nostalgia cash in
If it was directed by Ben Affleck, I'd be right on board with you, however, this film if going to generate more dialogue than every capeshit film in the last decade combined. It may not be a masterpiece, but I'll bet it'll actually warrant the discourse that it'll generate, unlike most films.

Shit on Vangelis all you want but his soundtrack is an integral part of the movie's aesthetics. It's just as if Abrams hadn't brought John Williams back granted the Episode VII score was terrible

Vangelis is fucking overrated anyway. It fit the kino pretty well but it was nothing spectacular.

>novel
Cuck pls go.

DADoES is not Bladerunner

Have Xangelix do it.

>granted the episode VII was terrible
I appreciate your honesty, but no, Vangelis is not = John fucking Williams.

Vangelis was basically a novelty act who was in the right place at the right time.

You seem to be missing the point a lot, so I'll stop replying to you.

What, that Vangelis was integral to the movies aesthetics? Obviously. He did the music. No one else.

Your point is dumb a lot