DOUG LIMAN TO DIRECT "JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK"

>Doug Liman ("Edge of Tomorrow") has been tapped by Warner Bros Pictures to direct DC Comics' JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK. The movie centers on a team of paranormal warriors, comprised of Zatanna, Madama Xanadu, Swamp Thing, Etrigan and Deadman, who are assembled by occultist John Constantine to prevent the end of the world. There's not release date set and, although no actors are officially involved with the project, it was previously reported that producer Scott Rudin was scouting Colin Farrell for Constantine; Monica Bellucci for Madama Xanadu; Ron Perlman for Swamp Thing; Ewan McGregor for Jason Blood, the human counterpart of the demon Etrigan; and Ben Mendehlson as the movie's villain, psychotic warlock Anton Arcane.

variety.com/2016/film/news/doug-liman-justice-league-dark-dc-warner-bros-1201838857/

>how are we going to establish a cinematic universe guys? marvel is ahead by years
>let's introduce 4-5 characters in each movie
>but shouldn't we sign people onto our universe in a more sensible manner le-
>NO. FIVE AT A TIME.

>Implying the DC Universe wont die after Justice League

how bad will the reshoots be?

>they will try to make constantine pg 13 again and ruin the character

>he wont chainsmoke

>zatanna won't wear her cute outfit

>swamp thing will be a random nigger painted green

when does this even get released

>2017 wonder woman justice league
>2018 aquaman flash
>2019 batman
>2020 justice league 2

somewhere in there you fit shazam, cyborg, harley spin off, suicide squad 2 and now this

justice league is cancelled

>justice league is cancelled

No

Cancel the shazam and cyborg movie and make the harley quinn movie and suicide squad 2

yup.

Part 2 was canceled, it's now a stand alone that is coming out next year

The name's Constantayne
John Constantayne

Wonder Woman and Justice League in 2017

Flash, Aquaman and something else, either Batman or Suicide Squad 2, in 2018.

Shazam, JusticeLeague 2 and Justice League Dark in 2019

Shazam and Green Lantern Corps in 2020.

Harley spin-off ain't happening.

He's not Welsh.

a harley spin off will happen before there's ever another green lantern or shazam movie

>Justice League DARK
>Director's cut is actually very dark
>"IT'S TOO DAMN DARK IT'S NOTHING LIKE MARVEL WE HAVE TO CHOP THIS DOWN"
>Proceed to add shots with quips

PLEASE DO THIS

>zatana

>Ewan McGregor for Jason Blood
K I N O
I
N
O

ZATANA!!!!

marvel BTFO, AGAIN!

No. Your name is Poison. Box Office Poison.

>SS making 650M without China and against the whole Disney propaganda machine
>anyone cancelling shit

Lmao if anything they are adding more shit to this project, they are way ahead of Marlel by the third movie

>SS making 650M

no

>there's a possibility of a live action raven

>DCEU is apparently doing a fuck-ton of ensemble films to quickly build their universe
>not just doing Justice League, then every movie after that is 2-3 members of the JL handling smaller scale problems, and maybe recruited a new member or two each movie

I just want a live action version of Dini-verse JL. Not every movie needs to be a world ending threat either. It can be one supervillain out to do something smaller scale or even just on a vendetta against one member.

But every movie being about a world or city ending threat is going to get old fast

No, there isn't.

We already have a JL: D in work, only it's animated, stars all our regulars and will probably be a fine film, but no, let's do it fucking LA, because that works out well for us. Fucking amateurs.

As of today it's at 577 million, and will make at least another 75-80 million.

>577M in three weeks

CAN'T WAKE UP

its too bad Spiderman isnt DC he's their only good character

Who cares. It's gonna be shit anyway. WB/DC tried grimdark with BvS and failed.

They tried a lighter tone with SS and failed again. No matter what they do they can't win, they can't get it right.

>he thinks they won't cast another anorexic model

>Farell

fuck no

the rest seems fine

john isnt welsh you retard

t. redditor

you forgot
>all of them will have lots, LOTS of tattoos

the problem with SS was that Ayers wanted to direct a serious dark film and the studio turned it into poor-man's GotG in post. Snyder wanted to do a mythological epic and it got turned into a big commercial for JL. They can have successful movies if they let their fucking directors make what they agreed to make.

>Ayers wanted to direct a serious dark film and the studio turned it into poor-man's GotG in post.

Ayer's original cut was also bad.

i bet it was much better than the studio cut

She's hot as fuck and willing to wear next to nothing so I'd be OK with it.

You know this how?

Of course you would, because you're a degenerate pervert.

THIS is how much Marvel has rotted people's brains. If people had had this attitude in 1977 they would have said Star Wars was too difficult to understand because Han, Luke and Leia needed solo movies first to "set it up". Fucking stupid.

i think it would be way better than the current version but you still can't change enchantress or the mind-numbingly generic third act

Zatanna is Italian so she's not white anyway.

This movie should be made by Del Taco or not made at all.

Not really.

It was longer.

>Star Wars
>Each character is thoughtfully introduced and is very one dimensional and simple
>Luke is a kid who wants to leave Tatooine, done.
>Han is a smuggler, done.
>Obi Wan is a wise old sage, done.
>All backstory is explained within the first hour of the film, and is very simplistic

>Suicide Squad
>No less than 18 characters are introduced in the first 10 minutes of the film
>Hyperactive editing, a new pop song every fucking 45 seconds
>No explanation for characters with elaborate back stories and complicated relationships from decades of comic book history
>A character is literally introduced and killed within 10 minutes, without ever explaining where the fuck they came from
>More characters are introduced with zero explanation as to who they are or why they're part of the suicide squad half way through the film
>More hyperactive editing and continuity skipping out the ass

Kill
Your
Self

I hope this gets made just to see Swamp Thing, Etrigan and Constantine all hang out again.

Superhero ensemble films rely on preexisting characters in popular media. For audiences that haven't consumed said media, you need to establish all your characters in the film they're in, or do it in previous films so the audience will have seen them before.

You can't just introduce Batman into a film with no explanation as to who Batman is. You have to have an origin story for Batman to show the audience this character and how he became who he is.

This is the paradox of superhero movies. Fans of the genre always say they're tired of origin stories, but you have to have them because a film needs to stand on its own without having to do fucking homework in order to watch it. So one of the major reasons DC keeps getting ripped apart by critics on these movies is because they keep trying to rush too much too fast. Critics would have ripped the avengers apart if it was released in 2008 instead of Iron Man, and for good reason. You can't just introduce all these complex characters without any context whatsoever.

>Monica Bellucci for Madama Xanadu; Ron Perlman for Swamp Thing; Ewan McGregor for Jason Blood

noice

>no teen titans

never even heard of these capeshits besides Constantine

are they scrapping the bottom of the barrel or what

Fun fact: this was a smaller reason why the prequel trilogy wasn't as good as the previous films. Trying to tie the movies into the extended universe left a lot of people confused. Sifo Dyas? Who the fuck is that? Why was he never mentioned again?

>never heard of Swamp Thing

swamp thing has probably one of the best comic runs ever faggit

Bill Burr is the only man who can play Deadman.

>not Johnny "Heard You Like My Fist" Depp

Why don't I ever get any fucking (you)s? I make long, thoughtful posts and they're just ignored.

This is it Channing, drop Gambit and go for Shazam

Could be the first good dc movie

Why the fuck does DC keep trying with John Constantine? Two failures already, just give it up.

Your shit's tired and stale, senpai.

>Implying this is going to happen
This movies been supposedly happen since the 90s please forgive me for not believing your bull shit

>since the 90s
kek, are you kidding? Del Toro wrote his script 5 years ago or so.
Before that there wasn't anything in the works

Choose your Constantine Sup Forums.
No other options, these 2 are the only brits who can pull off the Cuntyness and have the star power the film needs

Keanu Reeves was pretty damn good senpai

Ewan for John, no competition

Only if you don't know anything about Constantine at all.

>lead of the group is a straight white male

I hope they fix this adapting the movie to the current year, make him homosexual or black or give the lead to zatanna at least

>argument goes from 5 characters to 18

delete your account

>Farrell
>Brit

I pick Are Colin though, Ewan is too good of a boy

Matt Ryan once he starts wearing lifts.

Constantine is bi

Farrell for Constantine
Mcgregor for Jason Blood

so is Keanu Reeves hes dating the tranny from Sense8

he was made for Constantine role

Youre braindead
Enjoy your nextMarvel flick

BASED PERLMAN FOR SWAMP-THING. PLEASE O GREAT AND BENEVOLENT GODS OF KINO, MAKE THIS FUCKING HAPPEN.

Ewan ofc. Finally his second big film-franch after Star Wars.

>Muh propaganda machine
People were shilling this shit and normies were really eager.
I went to watch it with my family and every single one of them said it was either "meh" or "disappointing".

Constantine has fucked extradimensional beings. That officially qualifies him as omnisexual.

Nu52 trash doesn't count.
As far as there is some little pieces of Goyer Constantine will be straight.

It was a good movie though

T
H
I
C
C

>Flash
>Batman
>Superman (mentioned, normies were confused because multiple didn't watch BvS)
>Waller
>Flagg
>Harley
>Deadshot
>Joker
>Boomerang
>Croc
>Katana
>Enchantress
>El Diablo
>Slipknot
>June (counts as a second one)
>Incubus
They really did shit the bed.

could be alright

This is why I love DC. Fuck all those normies that need origin movies for every fucking character

Awesome. Suicide Squad has all those characters? Definately watching it friday

>edge of tomorrow director
could be good desu

>all these marvelfags haven't even seen edge of tomorrow
not surprised

I'm pretty sure I explicitly said "establish a cinematic universe" not "make a concise complete movie with the possibility of sequels in the future"

Batman Superman, and the Joker need no introduction. I don't give a shit if you've ever read a comic or not. Do James Bond characters need one-shot movies to establish them? How about the two dozen characters the latest Bourne movie introduced?

For that matter, what the fuck are Groot, Nebula, Gamora, Ronin, the Collector, all those Nova dudes, and that fucking talking duck?

the marvel reddit universe may need individual movies to set up characters but DC kino universe does not

There's a Batman origin

I'm sorry if some kid in Brazil Africa or India has never seen a Batman movie before but WE ALREADY KNOW ALL THE CHARCHTERS

This is conflicting because Gambit is my favorite xmen but Constantine is badass and will be in live action again

>Ayers wanted to direct a serious dark film and the studio turned it into poor-man's GotG in post
This is true
>Snyder wanted to do a mythological epic and it got turned into a big commercial for JL
Good thing in this case, he needs meddling badly

>people unironically wanting Farrrell for Constantine

no, kys

>1988-2013
300 issues of the original run with a shocking two references of John Constantine being bi, one of these being a story in which he's only coning a faggot.

>2014
People on Tumblr who never read the comics throw a tantrum because JC isn't bi in the show.

>2015
DCYou Hellblazer starts off with a literally full on flaming homo John and a 'gay lust reference every three pages' quota. Series gets cancelled after 13 issues.

Some of the worst fucking pandering I've ever seen.

I don't think he was bi in Nu52 though.

weak b8 kid