Day 5:

Day 5:
Liquid seems a lot more watery than yesterday. From all the sun, colour got a bit darker as well.

Neat. Thanks for the update OP.

what is it?

Used tampon water

Strawberry, raspberry, cherry, vanilla and mint liqueur base.

wat

y tho

Damn, I get in this thread...

looks like we got ourselves a new period pig

drink it with vodka

I have cherry tree, strawberries, raspberries and mint in my yard... Every year when I have too much I make liqueur. This time I started thread when I was making it, many ppl got interested and I decided to update progress daily for shits and giggles.

jizzuz?

After 40 days, I add as much Vodka as there's this and blend.

sounds cool

How do you prevent mold from growing inside?

It's on warm sunny and molds such as yeas require dark places to develop. That's why in those 4 days it doesn't ferment and no pressure builds up in the jar.

It basically becomes a pure sugar+fruit mush.

This was before letting it set... As you see, no water, all fluid developed from fruit juices and sugar combining and melting in the sun.

Yeast and 40 days.

nice, do you just use yeast and then distill it?

Nah... This is just pure sugar and fruit wit few mint leaves. I let it sit in the sun for 40 days and blend it with as much Vodka as there's mixture in the jar.

is it good though?

I am not a fan myself, it's too sweet for my taste, but I have fruit to spare and most people like it... A lot.

I distill. What's yer still look like?

I just got a carboy for making a mash. haven't made one yet. any pointers?

im curious whats the point of letting it sit for 40 days?

Grandpa who thought me how to do it told me to do so... I have no clue, he just explained as "It's good, that's how it's done."

Only thing I distill is when I am making Absinthe, Ouzo or such stronger spirits, but then I just mix water, alcohol, let herbs chill in it and when it turns into black stuff I distill that.