This album's production is so clean and hard hitting I can't help but love it

This album's production is so clean and hard hitting I can't help but love it.

Later NIN is underrated. Trent Reznor is an all time great in the music industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3pKiDxWASw
strawpoll.me/13287155
youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZMKfFHU3U
youtube.com/watch?v=XaSZ2myWIGM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bg76mSSzErs
youtube.com/watch?v=LWdn9QYN4ag
youtube.com/watch?v=gM0MmNjy97s
alternativenation.net/trent-reznors-5-75-million-mansion-will-blow-away/
youtube.com/watch?v=QczxCxFRUf0
nin.wiki/The_Life_You_Didn't_Lead
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they're good albums tront

I fucking love Sunspots, that's for sure

Childhood is thinking Trent was only good when he was a full blown alcoholic mess, one bad day away from suicide.

Adulthood is knowing post addiction Reznor has always been the far more fearless artist.

Only, With Teeth and Right Where it belongs are masterpieces.

THERE ARE THINGS THAT I SWORE I WOULD NEVER DO
THERE ARE FEARS THAT I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT CAME TRUE
FOR MY SOUL
IT'S TOO SICK
AND TOO LITTLE
AND TOO LATE
AND MYSELF? I HAVE GROWN TOO WEARY TO HATE

>that perfect melting of Hand Covers Bruise into Beside You In Time

youtube.com/watch?v=y3pKiDxWASw

Meant to make a new thread?

Implying anything past one hot minute is good.

All The Love In The World, The Collector, With Teeth, Only, and Getting Smaller are the weak tracks.

What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you used to know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks
Would you find yourself
Find yourself afraid to see?

strawpoll.me/13287155

Someone posted this poll in another thread but let that thread die, we don't need another NIN thread.

>We do not believe in human feelings, nor in human senses. Nor human needs, human values, human fears, or even human hopes
>The only purpose or belief is the path from the mind to the brain
>Path from the mind to the brain
>Mind to the brain

>This is a preset world, there are no secrets
What the FUCK is any of this

I prefer later and current NIN to the old stuff. I'm younger than the fans who came up with them but still I like where Reznor's production sensibilities are now.

>always ignored NIN
>finally gave the fragile and downward spiral a listen

holy shit

Even though I prefer tront's older music I prefer straight edge angry jacked tront

Never Second Guess the Trent.

>Bought one of the limited edition copies of The Slip
>Too scared to ever use the stickers for anything since they're limited too

next EP will be out soon. when the third one is released, should all three of them together be considered one full LP?

>I need you discipline

Will NIN bring back metal/grudge rock from the grave again?

forgot meathead made a video too
youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZMKfFHU3U

unfortunately I think Cornells death renewed interest in Grunge.

>unfortunately I think Cornells death renewed interest in Grunge.

that's true but If NIN makes their album successful again we might see the second renaissance of grudge rock/metal again

>Forgive me, Trent. I don't know your work.

I think with NIN, Trent is just riding the wave of this renewed interest in industrial/abrasive electronic music. but NIN has always had a solid fan base.

He kept up with the times. Songs about how shitty you feel are timeless. It's how you present them that make a difference

>With Teeth
>Weak

it's one of the best songs on the album by far

(also the jumpscare gets me almost every time)

WIIITHHHH-AAHH
TEEETHHH-AAHH

With Teeth and Getting Smaller are good

>tfw everyday is exactly the same

The songs that got away from the With_teeth sessions. ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=XaSZ2myWIGM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bg76mSSzErs
youtube.com/watch?v=LWdn9QYN4ag

Was Not So Pretty Now directed at Brian Warner?

Bleed Through was going to be a full on Trent battling his addictions concept album. It got too complicated for freshly sober Reznor so he did With_Teeth, which took chunks of the original concept.

Not So Pretty Now seems too be more of a swipe at himself. Manson was still teetering at the top, about to fall but blissfully unaware.

Everyone seems to be asleep

Trent was great on TP. Almost as good as his Light of Day cameo

youtube.com/watch?v=gM0MmNjy97s

I heard it was about Courtney Love, which seems to make sense

>fearless
>ass-kisses hollywood and blows record execs

kek

With Teeth definitely had a lot of fantastic tracks but the majority of it was underwhelming and felt generic

good god as much as I love TG I would love for tranny p orridge to fucking die with this pretentiousness

>doesn't take shit from record companies
>doesn't take shit from other musicians
>doesn't play the Grammy pandering game
>doesn't take shit from fans
>does whatever the fuck he wants
>isn't a slave to one genre

would've loved to have given it to Still, but Downward Spiral is such a well constructed album.

he has a comfy working environment. filename related

alternativenation.net/trent-reznors-5-75-million-mansion-will-blow-away/

Yeah, I think that's the idea Trent is going for. Will definetelly make a custom playlist which combines all three EPs together

>I cannot go through this again
That one line and the way it's delivered hits me so fucking hard, you can tell it comes straight from the guts.

DON'T
YOU
FUCKING
KNOW
WHAT
YOU
ARE?!

I love him so much.

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

youtube.com/watch?v=QczxCxFRUf0

Mariqueen a sweetie

It's so amazing to see NIN more and more in media recently, appearnig much more in trailers and now they got entirety of a song was featured on a very popular TV show.

I am happy for that, She's Gone Away was an amazing pick too.

Home is such a good track. I just wish it wasn't put after Right Where It Belongs.

It would be nice to see Trent get popular again

>Home is such a good track. I just wish it wasn't put after Right Where It Belongs.

I put Home right after "Getting Smaller"

I also added in "Not So Pretty Now" and "Non-Enttity" to my With_Teeth,

The Life You Didn't Lead is a cut instrumental piece. If you can find it, it's a good addition.

All the Love in the World is weak in the first half I agree but from around 3:12 it's pretty mint.

>The Life You Didn't Lead
Isn't that just a poem?
nin.wiki/The_Life_You_Didn't_Lead

There's an actual instrumental piece, but for the life of me I can't find it anymore. There was a huge Interscope purge a while ago.

It seems like it wasn't official anyway though and was fan-made/fake.

>no With_Teeth era instrumental work and the only one i found was probably fanmade

SOMETHING IS GONNA GET BROKEN

Yeah, shame With_Teeth is the album without instrumentals. Sometimes I added "Adrift & At Peace" at the very end of the album to follow-up to Right Where It Belongs, I think it fits, as even with the sad lyrics, the ending piano notes of RWIB seem positive, like a release of pain which lasted for far too long.

I think "Home" works a lot better after "Sunspots".
"Non-Entity" works well between "With Teeth" and "Only". Nice transition.
"Not So Pretty Now" is a bit of an outlier though. Only place I think would be after "Getting Smaller" for a nice 1-2 punch.

With Teeth and Year Zero underrated as fuck

Everything afte With_Teeth proved Trent still got it, I can't get enough of everything that came after.

Year Zero, Hesitation Marks and Not The Actual Events rank to me at the same spot as The Downward Spiral or The Fragile.

I can't wait for the next EP, the first part made me so hard. I hope it will be just as harhs if not harhser than Not The Actual Events.

This. And is unbalanced, first half > second one BY FAR.

literally the only man in history who can pull off a buzzcut

>first half > second one BY FAR.

very, very wrong

I hope we get "Theme for Tetsuo: The Bullet Man" levels of abrasive.

Trent looked like he was auditioning for a Leather Nun tribute band.

>90's nostalgia act for a 90's nostalgia show

figures

fuck you, man

first half > second half
I think you made a mistake

Do you guys really hate All The Love In The World? It's probably my favorite track in the album, the last minute is superb

I really wanna try getting into NIN again, where's the best place to start?

last night's Twin Peaks ep

The feeling when Queen M. listens to NIN.

I'm into extreme metal and meme-industrial (Street Sects, Death Grips) where do I start?

Broken EP

Just listen to the fragile all the way through

He had too much shit going on at the time to focus completely in the album. Year Zero/Ghosts I-IV was a better finished product because he had a clear mind.

>90's nostalgia act for a 90's nostalgia show

The 90s will never die user

>user

don't belittle me, maggot

Thank Photek for this.

Does anyone else feel like there's been a massive shift in Sup Forumss attitude toward tront in tge last 5 years? Back then it was
>muh angst
But now its always a beautiful discussion. Was it the sountracks that made people realize?
Also eric andre pic related

When a band becomes less popular Sup Forums starts appreacting it more. This is the reason why Sup Forums also likes Green Day

Once popularity and normies dissapear off the bands, then it is easier to see their actual qualitifies in soem people.

>not being able to detect subtle trolling

you must also believe that Sup Forums thinks tool is a softrock drone fest

user, the "trolling" starts as trolling and then idiots pick up on it and think it is actually true. A lot of people post such thing with trolling purposes, which is fun and stuff, but then you get idiots who actually get into this opinions.

Entire threads were bashing and arguing about muh angst. Plenty of now gone tripfags saying the same. Its done a complete 180. Sup Forums has done this with tons of bands that dont steep their lyrics in metaphor and parable. It wasnt "subtle trolling". Also
>tfw you missed out on the Tension tour
>at least saw Eraser and The Great Destroyer live on the Soundgarden tour

I also swear Chris seemed depressed that night in Irvine. It's like he knew the crowd was a lot of old folks waiting for Outshined and Black Hole Bum. His vocal delivery seemed bored and would cut a song off before the last chorus for a couple secs and go back in to see if they really knew the songs. That being said Jesus Christ Pose was awesome.

Totally agree man. Hesitation Marks is one of my top favorites of his, and NTAE was incredible, Burning Bright is one of my favorites, such an amazing song.

You can always listen to the instrumental version of the album.

And don't forget his soundtrack work. That stuff is magical. I would say say that TGWTDT OST and Ghosts (though technically not a soundtrack) are some of his finest works.

guarantee that was me just keeping threads alive

sorry

It IS superb.
Try to start With Teeth right after The Fragile ends (with Ripe [with decay] version). It fits perfectly.

Home is my personal favorite nin song btw - notice that in the vinyl version it is fitted right after sunspots, for the ultimate combo

Monson and Tront doing a festival together

this will be back on soon.

trent doesn't hang backstage with the druggies any more tho

The Downward Spiral > Year Zero > Ghosts > The Slip > The Fragile > Pretty Hate Machine > Hesitation Marks > With Teeth

It's literally his worst album.
This is the objective NIN album ranking scheme, with the only arguable change to be made is maybe switching Ghosts with Year Zero, and that's a big maybe.

>Hesitation Marks worse than Pretty Hate Machine, The Slip, Ghosts.
>With_Teeth worse than The Slip
No.

>implying new twin peaks is just a nostalgic throw back

This. Year Zero was almost perfect.

>The Fragile is worse than YZ, Ghosts and The Slip
What