Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just want to know if it's worth a watch

It's entirely forgettable and you can see its potential on youtube

'
it's good until that godawful final "bossfight"

also the tie in with the 82' version is really great

It's OK. Shame they fucked up all the great practical effects with CGI.

Because MEW deserved better

It's worth it just for the ending. Shit that they used cg in place of practical effects.

This. Decent movie but they shamed the original by using cgi

Somebody please post that giant flow chart of how everyone was infected made by that autist on the outpost 31 site and explain the theory to me.

I only watched it for MEW tbqh, she did deserve more but she was particularly cute in this one

who are you quoting?

What I meant was that they DID make all those great practical effects but then were told to put shitty CGI on top of them.
youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU

It was a worthwhile attempt at a prequel but was let down by being essentially a remake and the whole CGI put over amazing practical effects fiasco.

Bad CGI and bad MEW.

don't ever fucking post this video again
my tears cannot be contained you savage

i really really liked that the ending lined up perfectly with the beginning of the 1st one

That hurt

Literally the only good thing about it

A practical effects company spent a LONG ass time creating some of the most imaginative and sophisticated animatronics since John Carpenter's original.

I think they took a little too long to get ready and the production dropped them and replaced it with sub-par CGI and it just fell into the "soulless remake" bargain bin.

>tfw the thing busts out of the ice while mr echo watches
that cgi was straight 80s tier

It would've been a 7/10 if corporate Jews didn't order everything drenched in CGI.

Hell, maybe higher. Frankenstein's Army is a fantastic creature feature film. It could've really been a silly fun horror flick that was separate from the masterpiece that was Carpenter's film.

Instead, Hollywood intervened.

This is pretty much like Fallout 3, as well.

>new installment announced, looks pretty fun
>replaced with a soulless shitty version

It was just a bad movie. Even if it had kept all of those wonderful practical effects instead of CGI, it still would've been a shit movie. MEW is basically playing a watered down Ripley, the Thing itself acts like a retard and a generic horror monster instead of the intelligent manipulator from Carpenter's version, none of the other characters are memorable or have anything going for them, and the last act with the spaceship is probably the most autistic thing I've ever seen in a horror movie.

tl;dr: it's shitty and boring, up until the very end until it starts transitioning into the 1982 movie with the original theme, and even all that did was remind me I could've been watching a better movie instead of this trainwreck.

>tfw you remember everything van buren could have been