>Ghostbusters
>TONS OF PUBLICITY DUE TO IDENTITY POLITICS SHITSTORM and it bombs
>Ben-Hur
>everyone politely ignores it and it bombs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnpTWKKWQ1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They'll learn someday

I didn't even know they remade most of those movies.

Money laundering son

Mr. ShekelbergStein. Please buy my screenplay. I'm black so if you don't, you're a racist.

It only got so much hate because they pushed the narrative that if you didn't want to see the movie you're a sexist. If they would have shut up about it people wouldn't have cared as much.

Of course they did. Re-makes are almost always shitty, everyone has caught onto it by now. When will we have a New Hollywood?

>original, well executed idea
>everyone politely ignores it and it bombs
>capeshit sequel #1237 with less effort every year
>new weekend record!

I actually didn't even know there was a Ben Hur remake. I only find it out after I saw a post here for the RLM video.

Like it didn't have any marketing at all

On second thoughts, I lied - they kept the budget low on Vacation so it did okay, if not well enough to justify a sequel

The trouble is, Hollywood has always been remaking movies every generation. They don't see a problem with it because it's what they've always done, and audiences have generally lapped it up, oftentimes without seeming to realize there *was* an earlier film, because it was 30 or 40 years before. Somehow, despite home video being a thing for nearly forty years, and television being a thing for over sixty, they haven't gotten the message that people are still fond of movies from decades ago and *don't* want to see new versions of them.

People complain about marketing expenses but they don't appreciate how much films and games need marketing to succeed

Are you a black jewish woman? If not then I'm not interested

The reason why Hollywood can't make any original and enticing movies is because the best stories out there are the true stories about real life heroes who stand up against the Jewish elite and the oligarchs in power. They also won't tell the true story of history for the same reason.

jews are only good at short term decision making by the time they learn America will be a second Weimar and the jews will be off to Bollywood and China to start selling reboots to the Chinese and Indians for the next century this time with Indian and Chinese actors!!

dont like most of these movies make money in the end through syndication, china, and it being played on HBO/netflix.

That's because the movies they make are ridiculously expensive

t. marketer

> the true stories about real life heroes

Heroism isn't compatible with capitalism/corporatism.

but keep blaming the jews for everything.

All of these films would have been great if they were continuations or variations with a smaller budget.

Also TR/Rcop/PB should have been full R with a 50m budget each.

>>Total Recall
>>everyone politely ignores it and it bombs
No. Everyone raised a fuss about it. You're a liar with an agenda to push
>>Robocop
No one cared about the new robocop
>>Vacation
No one cared about this movie at all. It is literally current year, not the early 80s
>>Point Break
People talked about it. It was a shit movie.
>>Ghostbusters
>>TONS OF PUBLICITY DUE TO IDENTITY POLITICS SHITSTORM and it bombs
None of the other directors fanned the flames the way that Paul Hack did. Shit on your fanbase, get what you deserve.
>>Ben-Hur
No one even knew that it was coming out. Don't care, either.
Bottom line is, you are a liar with an agenda to push. You want to paint this fake reality that doesn't exist so you can call people sexist and racist.
No one cares about your shitty movie. Do try harder, next time.

>You want to paint this fake reality that doesn't exist so you can call people sexist and racist.

... are you high?

>Scarface
>everybody politely ignores it and it bombs
>Ocean's Eleven
>everybody politely ignores it and it bombs

Nope. You're just that transparent.

>original, well executed idea
Where?

The jeep created and control / enforce capitalism so what's your point

No seriously bro, you are probably high

This. Before the trailer or even any posters came out for GB, the only shit i saw about it was "GIRL POWER!" And how they dont need men to make a movie even though it has a male director, several male producers, and the head jew in charge of hollywood who is, of course, male.

I saw so much bitching about Total Recall and Robocop. Robocop isn't all that surprising but Total Recall was bullshit. Oh no they're going to ruin my le three tits meme movie.

>the jeep

thanks for linking phoneposting to jeep paranoia.

This is a meme excuse that must die.
If it were money laundering, they'd be making these anywhere but Hollywood for tax reasons. It's super expensive to make movies in America while you could easily make a flop in Germany and come out on top like The Producers.

>The trouble is, Hollywood has always been remaking movies every generation. They don't see a problem with it because it's what they've always done, and audiences have generally lapped it up, oftentimes without seeming to realize there *was* an earlier film, because it was 30 or 40 years before. Somehow, despite home video being a thing for nearly forty years, and television being a thing for over sixty, they haven't gotten the message that people are still fond of movies from decades ago and *don't* want to see new versions of them.Anonymous
>08/24/16(Wed)18:12:20 No.73587143 Anonymous 08/24/16(Wed)15:12:20 No.73587143
>People complain about marketing expenses but they don't appreciate how much films and games need marketing to succeed
Well its not quite that. Most of the movies named despite being per se not amazing, had messages behind them and were made in a time where those messages were allowed to flourish throughout the movie and come to a real conclusion.
The new ones are useless garbage released based on the idea that no one knows any better and that it will make someone some money.

Consumer despite being stupid much of the time can certainly tell when you don't even put effort into getting the money out of their pocket, especially when its as cynically done as the with the movies named above.

The new Robocop wasnt a bad movie, they just shouldnt have called it RoboCop

>hey, US government, we totally lost this hundred million on this project.
>K

I didn't even know there was a Point Break remake.

It was called robocop to kinda hide the fact the original predicted the future to utter perfection.

They remade vacation?

I didn't even know

welcome to a joke made by The Critic back in 1994.

Coincidentally, it was a joke made in the episode where Jay was contracted to write the script to Ghostbusters 3.

Its not a remake ts a sequel that continues the series Russ has now started to turn into his dad.

How many times does Ocean's Eleven need to be rebooted anyways?
>1960s
>'2000s
>'2010s
So can we expect another reboot in 2020 with an all (Black/Asian/Hispanic) minority cast?

It felt like a cheap tv movie. Every shot was identifiable as fucking Toronto. The suit looked cheap and stupid too.

Don't forget Footloose, I almost did
>Magnificent Seven
>will be politely ignored
>Scarface, L.A
>will be politely ignored also
TV seems to work somewhat
>The Flintstones Movie
>The Brady Bunch Movie
>A Very Brady Sequel
>Charlie's Angels 1 & 2
>Transformers franchise
>J.J.'s Star Trek franchise
Duds
>Josie & the Pussycats
>Fat Albert
>Garfield
>Jem & the Holograms
>Land of the Lost

Ehhh, Magnificent Seven might do okay, much like Ocean's 11 did okay.

Nobody was on the "other side" of the issue so they just petered out after people shat on it.

>Josie & the Pussycats
>bad
fuk u

>>original, well executed idea
source

A remake of a copy, now with muh diversity.

The trailer looked good, a black guy calling the shots in 19th century America is going to take me out of it, but its Hollywood, so whatever.

This isn't new. Old Hollywood turned a lot of books into movies, 60s and 80s Hollywood basically just stole foreign movie plots and remade them without anyone knowing because there wasn't the internet.

>implying turning something into a different medium is the same thing

Yes. But not enough to make back everything. Ghost busters needed 800 million to break even. It didn't get half of it in the theater run. So no it was a bomb. Sometimes international markets can save a movie. But China can block any movie. And gets 50% or more. Disney has the best deal with them. Getting 50% off every movie.

This is actually funny though with what happened to Ghostbusters

>Thousands of articles about it
>So much controversey with the director and actors calling the original fans manbabies
In the end the film only made $208.2 million at the box office.

What the actual fuck is Melissa McCarthy wearing there? Did she just come back from the 80s and didn't have time to change?

just keep making capekino

>tfw no movie about the world's greatest hero

youtube.com/watch?v=AnpTWKKWQ1o