Medfags I need your help

Medfags I need your help.

I oiled burned my hand about two hours ago. It immediately blistered and it was a 10/10 pain unless it was under running cold water. After 20 minutes, I had it cold compressed and it was an 8/10 pain during that time. I took a Motrin while running it under water and as of a few minutes ago it subsided to a 5/10 as I was on the way to the ER.

Should I still go to the ER?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/first-aid/tc/determining-the-seriousness-of-a-burn-topic-overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aloe then ER ASAP

Of course you dumb fuck.

You are fine pussy

Dont put any oil base substance on it. Maybe some Neosporin cream.

Amputation

Coconut oil my nigga.

I'd personally go to the ER.

whiskey will be enough. stop being a pussy

looks like a second degree burn.
Not life threatening, but not very comfortable either. Keep it clean and you'll be fine in a few days

Hey OP, just apply aloe and go to the fucking ER dumbfuck. and keep yourself hydrated

second degree burn
go to ER

Pop those blisters, drain them, and then wrap your hand and arm in seran wrap so they don't get infected. Then start applying some hydrocortisone cream three times a day, and keep wrapping with seran wrap reach time.

Don't put oil or butter on it. It makes it worse. Keep it clean and dry and by tomorrow the pain will be gone.

From one fellow burn victim to another, go get this stuff, and keep it in the fridge.

I wouldn't take breakfast cereal advice from Sup Forums, much less medical advice. Google it. Then go to a doctor.

This.

This is literally all they will do and tell you in the ER. Save yourself the time and don't waste the ER doctor's time. The pain will get better, keep your hand submerged in ice water until then.

i could troll but no man ur ok. theyre only going to put on their the same stuff from cvs

go to like walgreens or cvs and ask the pharmacist for some burn cream usually they will prescribe you over the counter stuff because they like to pretend theyre real doctors

Yeah dude. ER should have been your 1st step. You're gonna be scarred for life without a doubt now for thinking you could deal with this on your own.

this.

if you dont go now and get it dressed/treated now youre just gonna have to go later to get it cleaned and pick up antibiotics when it gets infected.

I'd suggest seeing a doctor as soon as possible

Hurrr durrr except we've known for years that hydrocortisone works better for pain relief, wound healing, infection prevention, and cosmetic outcome.

What makes you think it's a second degree burn?

Dont put it in saran wrap. It needs oxygen to heal you fuckin mongoloid.

No. But see a doctor in the morning. Urgent care.

It is you dipshit. Look at it. He cooked his hand with hot oil. Fuck Sup Forums is dumb....

My dad had a burn in the same place about like this. He didnt go and he was okay.

Look u just need to keep it clean and leave it open to the air with some neosporin on it. Thats all theyll do at the hospital. MAYBE give u some xylocaine or that other drug if ur being a big pussy.

Look its not 3rd degree so its not that deep since u can still feel it and its not so much area u need to be immediately worried about infection

Monitor and keep clean. Go to hospital if infection sets in.

This is what I was thinking.. I didn't want it to get any worse by me not getting it looked at tho.

You'll be fine! I've had MUCH worse burns working in casting and I haven't lost any body parts.. yet. Just keep it clean so it don't get infected. if it opens up put some Silvadene on it with a Q-tip.

use a cream with colloidal silver in it to prevent infection, and bandage that shit, keep it clean...
probably fine w/o medical help, if you have health insurance (i.e don't live in a developing country) you still might wanna have it checked for free.

Paramedic fag here
Recommend going to ER
2nd degree burns, keep it clean because burns have high af chance of infection. We just wrap that shit in a dry sterile dressing and maybe rinse with saline to help the pain.
Also if you want man mode 9000 put it under warm to slightly hot water, it hurts like hell for about a minute but the pain goes away when its done.

>hydrocortisone, a cortisol steroid that suppresses immune function, on an open wound

OP please stop listening to the internet, and just go to the doctor. Is there a open urgent care place around? It will be a lot cheaper if you don't have insurance. If you have insurance, definitely head straight for the emergency room.

Honestly, your burn doesn't look terrible, but it is absolutely key that you keep it from getting infected, which is not the easiest thing ever.

I meant what specifically. And I'm OP

>not life threatening
It is if it gets fucking infected.

If you run cold water over a burn, doesn't that just shock your system and cause the blisters? Your flesh is technically still burning so immediately running cold water would shock your shit and blister you up dumbas

webmd.com/first-aid/tc/determining-the-seriousness-of-a-burn-topic-overview

>Fuck Sup Forums is dumb....

What a fucking idiot
No it doesnt just get infected.
On a burn this size (not big) and severity(not too deep) as long as he keeps it clean there is 99% chance it wont get infected. Its not that bad dude

I know a guy who got burned just about like this from hot oil and he was fine.

Ive burned myself about the same area at least twice though not quite as deep and yeah it hurts like a mother fucker but youll be okay. Next time only put water for a few mins. The pain will go away faster without the water. Idk why.

I have a job where its easy to get burned.

This. Aloe helped when my drunken ass got caught on fire

ER is very expensive. But you should see a Dr as soon as you can. If you have insurance, go to the ER. If not, see a Dr tomorrow if you can.

Exactly. Colloidal silver is some magical stuff for helping burns to heal

this. saran wran is a terrible idea. It creates the condition for anaerobic bacteria which is the most dangerous kind. It needs to be kept moist, but breathable, in bandage wraps.

Lol. Do not listen to this guy.
>saline to help with pain
>put it under warm to slightly hot water
Fucking kek

>Should I still go to the ER?
Nah, that'll be ok in a few days.
In fact, if you're after a good home remedy, try putting slices of fresh tomato on the burnt areas, there's enzymes in the juices that help with burns. Throw down a few extra shots of your favorite booze until the pain goes away and tough it out OP, it'll come good.

why dont you just go to the fucking ER and talk to a doctor and not Dr. Sup Forums
protip: nobody on this site knows what the fuck theyre talking about, thinks theyre a professional, and more than likely will end up making your injury worse.

Bro, you cooked your hand with oil... are you retarded? That's obvi 2nd degree. Don't be an idiot and go in.... jeez

Don't keep it in ice water for long periods. That does nerve damage. You fuckwits.

>beeing american
>healtcare so costly you have to ask online if you should go
>Be me european welfare country.
>see something weird or feel a little pain go to a dokter
>pay only 72 eur/year

THIS AS FUCK

except going to the er. I cant remember what it is but warm water will hurt pretty bad but it helps the pain and promotes healing also.

Also DONT WRAP THAT SHIT IN SARAN WRAP WTF?

When u see pictures of burn victims in the hospital do they have saran wrap on them
? Fuck no! they either put a sterile gauze like this guy suggested or its open to the air in a sterile room in the case of very bad burns.

Gotta make good use of all that tax you pay lol

Expensive? it cost me 0 euro. Must be shit to be american

Record yourself going man mode. I wanna see those real-man tears.

I have insurance and "daddy pays for it" because I'm under 25 but I'm not wasting money on something that could just be a pussy burn.

DO NOT POP ANY BLISTERS! They are there to help you heal. anybody that tells you otherwise doesn't know anything about first aid.

Yes a single person pays 53% income tax no wife no home just a basement dweller.

I have children so im very cheap and under 18 they are free :D

oh, addendum: after the initial healing process kicks in, put some sheep tallow on it. this is the best remedy I know for wounds, even big ones close up over night. my old man was a smelter and works as a welder now, so he has to deal with burns on a regular basis. he said tallow saved his skin multiple times, better than any cream from the apothecary.

Blisters are qualitative of second degree burns

OP here. I trusted you up until the warm water. Why would that make a burn better?

Wasting money? You mean your insurance go up each time you go to the dokter?

I go for the slighest things and its free. Im abusing it because i pay tax for it anyway so.

still must be suck to be american

53%?
Jesus h Christ. Fucking move eurotrash.

I pay 5%

2 children wife mortage.

This country is hell for neets like Sup Forums

wow 53% holy god damn
makes living in jew jersey look pretty nice

>What a fucking idiot

just speaking from experience. got a burn on my leg that i thought i could keep clean by said methods and shit got infected and i still ended up in the ER.

I've had a lot of burns get infected over the years and its not fun at all, especially on the hands. I would go to the ER or urgent care as soon as possible. They'll prescribe you some topical ointment and possibly also an oral medication.

not him; there is a bit of truth in his trolling: with first degree burns, you're better of with warm water than putting it in ice-cold; it's supposed to calm down slowly, not shock treatment. its less likely for blisters to form that way, Idk the bio-mechanics behind it though

Im not saying you have to, like thats not medic advice thats just from personal experience.
It hurts like a son of a whore but i found it to be more managable long term.
Also to that one fag who called me out on the saline i fucked up, saline is really only to stop the burning process not pain. that bit was supposed to go with the hot water bit.

Looks like second degree burns I recommend a trip to the ER

Ya but you have to tell everyone ur eurotrash.... doesn't that bug you, old man?

NOTHING BUT COOL WATER THE FIRST 24 HOURS
ointments hold in heat

Looks like second degree burn defs ER

Gross annual salary: €64,954 (assumes payment based on 13.82/13.95 months)
Your monthly gross is roughly 4660EUR, which will give a net of about , 2550EUR.

my country

Lack of charring, sensation is still present in affected areas.

Third degree would be deep enough to destroy nerve endings.

Big thing is to prevent subsequent infection by Staph aureus- often referred to as Scalded skin syndrome.

It'll hurt like a bitch, but it should heal properly in a few months.

Source: medfag.

Why u always lyin?

no its an anonymous image board. Im waiting while op dies of his untreated burn or wait 4 weeks for Necrosis to show up.

Gotta love stupid americans. I don't take 1% chance with my health not worth it.

this is true.

Here's an update of where it's at.. I've decided to drain the blisters, put neosporin on it and bandage it with gauze.

I'm Canadian you filthy eurotrash

So you are still an american retard

Hot oil is the single most dangerous thing in the kitchen. Treat is like nitro about to go off.

>Should I still go to the ER?
Yes.

Cold thermoreceptors are triggered during burns, which leads to paradoxical cold receptor activity during burns.

Warm receptors are different. By triggering them, you reduce the sensation caused by the cold receptors.

Source: medfag.

Just fuck off in my thread. Nobody gives a shit about your euro trash country.

Holy fuck man. That is 100 percent second degree burns. ER for sure bro

gr@[email protected]

Hahahaha what? You high, fam?

You should go to the ER faggot.

North American right?

Paramedic fag again
leave blisters unpopped. Thats just more openings to get infected. Blisters are basically filled with puss. puss = white blood cells. white blood cells = fight infections.

>be european
>get totally shitfaced
>stand too near a grill when talking on the phone
>shirt starts burning
>don't notice this until the whole back of the shirt has burnt up
>put the phone away and say "I'm burning, be right back"
>put the flames out and continue talking
>tell person I gotta go
>jump in shower
>friend got aloe vera stuff
>se rubs it on my back
>I'm still red everywhere
>later in evening notice I got a blister a little bigger than my palm
>too drunk to care
>never went to er
>never put anything over it to shield from infection
>ate some grilled mushrooms

All in all it was a good evening

Yeah not American. Eat shit you fucking remedial

again, do this if you don't wanna go to a doc/to prevent complications in the healing process:
gaze was the right choice of bandage, btw

not going to the doctor huh? dumbass, have fun with your infection

Leave the blisters. Popping them runs the risk of subsequent staph infections. That shit goes systemic VERY QUICKLY.

Do yourself a favor and resist the urge. It is super difficult to keep it sterile because you've already lost the to 30 layers of stratified squamous epithelium. It's much, MUCH more vulnerable than normal skin.

Source: medfag

2nd degree burn, put some aloe on it and go to ER

No need for emergency room. Just go to the hospital and sit down for 4 hrs before they give you some burn cream

Don't wipe your ass with it op. Add aloe loose wrap in sterile gauze. Keep shit off from it. Change gauze often.
If it starts stinking, getting pink on the surrounding areas and more sore instead of less sore as time goes by, or becomes weepy or puss ridden, you have an infection.
If you Mexico or have a good Mexico friend ask him for antibiotics.

It's a very sensitive area so it's going to hurt like hell but the damage isn't too bad. Keep it dry in a bandage and don't pop the blisters for at least a few days. Popping them makes the pain worse, exposes the unhealed skin to infections, and makes any scarring worse. Take pain pills if you have any.

Yes but doesn't mean its gonna work out that way

I didn't realize real medfags existed here

Still American

>your face when you will forever be a shit american

Currently having my girlfriend put on neosporin (plus pain relief cream).. Left the blisters unpoped

Not trying to help op. Just a story I like to tell