Is there a better character arc in a TV series than his?

Is there a better character arc in a TV series than his?

arc yes, childrens tv show no

Naruto's first arc easily trumps this

Uncle Iroh was cool
Toph was p cool

pic related

she doesnt have any arc you shit eating basement dwelling wifufag. She started as an evil psychopath and ended as an evil psychopath.

Wifufags are the worst, wish we still had thought crimes so i can shoot all the wifufags

Uncle Iroh was always an unwavering spiritual good guy though

Toph went from being tough and badass to being tough and badass and a little more compassionate

qt

iroh had no arc? he was always just a really nice chill wise guy who took care of zuko no matter what,

Overrated shit show. I thought the writing in this was cringeworthy back when it aired on Nickelodeon and I was like 12 back then

This.
Yeah but Iroh's plotline before the show started is p cool.

>>Toph went from being tough and badass to being tough and badass and a little more compassionate

>that part when Toph almost drowns and kisses Suki thinking it was sokka

lol

CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIN

Korra's. Kinda ruined by last minute lesbian reveal, but still a great character arc overall.

what's her character arc?

stop being a hothead and be patient/understanding?

they had a bunch of moments where it seemed like she would learn something but they do some asspull at the end. Like when she lost her bending in S1 and all she could do was airbend, it looked like it was set up so she would have to relearn all the other schools and it would've been awesome, but instead Aang shows up and gives her her bending back just like that

None of the characters in that show really went through an arc, except maybe Varrick or Lin, and even then it was usually hamfisted and rushed

This. He was the real main character all along.

anyone else thinks Kylo Ren will have a similar redemption arc?

That was the original plan. But I think test audiences are not going to like that.
Star Wars is too big for them to take risks.

No because he killed his father in coldblood

>but instead Aang shows up and gives her her bending back just like that
Nah korra learning everything would have been boring.
The arc was that korra was too overconfident at the beginning, which made it hard for her to connect to the spirit world, through S1 korra learned about defeat, powerlessness and desperation, she got caught by Amon and humiliated and managed to do airbending in a very desperate moment. She finally made connection with her past when she learned to realise everything is not under her control( and Aang came). Her S1 character development is perfectly fine

It's literally FMA tier at best. Fuck off.

He killed his father , unless the pull a dumbledore type twist, there is no coming back from there

This.

IMO, Korra should have ended after the first season like planned, or maybe after the second season. Her arc should have been learning how to control her emotions, not expect things to be handed to her, and learn to be self sufficient instead of relying on other people for her happiness.

Instead it's, DUDE LESBIANS at the end

I disagree

I think knocking her to her lowest point and having her relearn her skillset would've been extremely humbling and she could've achieve some zen-like avatar state control that she never would've had otherwise

I guess they kind of did that in S4 but that was more in line with dealing with PTSD or something. Also the S1 arc would've been better if it wasn't all introduced and resolved in very same episode but w/e

>there will never be a series about adult Gaang

Adult Toph is a qt. Just imagine tickle-torturing her feet for hours until mindbreak.

>FMA
>Not GOAT

I think they fucked up aang's face too much, and Toph looks too manly

Sokka and Zuko look based as fuck though

>muh honor

>that episode after Aang's been brought back to life after getting zapped by Azula
>he's freaking out because he feels he failed the world and everyone thinks he's dead
>talking with Katara, she asks him what he needs
>close-up of face, "I need to restore my honor" fadeout to Zuko walking to the war room

I lost my shit, that was so sick

what ep?

it was always about her connecting to her spiritual side. Accepting help from Aang was whats humbling. relearning everything would give her the same overconfidence and reliance on her owns elf. we already know she is a prodigy and fast learner (not counting airbending).

Not to mention they had basically two options when it

It was resolved in one season because they thought they will only have one season at the beginning. that's why there is little character continuity from S1 to S2. but S1 on its own is perfectly fine.

>Everyone here acting like Guts' didn't have a far better character arc

>It's a Ty Lee episode

M
U
H

D
I
I
I
C
K

first episode of season 3

>ywn twist Ty Lee around your finger and emotionally manipulate her like Azula does
>Ty Lee will never do a triple backflip cartwheel onto your dick and gag on it while walking on her hands
>Ty Lee will never paralyze you and sexually torture you while your pressure points are disabled

I don't know how to deal with these feelings.

He'd be insufferable without Iroh.
Iroh was known to be ruthless before the loss of his son and his throne. This event changed him entirely.

I know that, I watched the show

that's still not an arc, not to mention it happened before the events of the show

He was a successful general who lost all will to fight after learning of his son's death, he just did an about-face and that's it, it wasn't an "arc" though

the characters had incredible chemistry overall