Spoilers: Man of Steel Sequel Story Details

- The working titles for the film are Superman: Last Son and Last Son of Krypton.

- Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story.

- J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film. Doug Liman was also a candidate. Snyder is still interested in directing the character.

- Snyder and Johns want to complete a Superman trilogy.

- Brainiac is the main villain.

- The film would open with a Krypton sequence ten years before the birth of Superman. Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city. Kara Zor-El is also a soldier that ends up trapped by Brainiac in the bottled city of Kandor.

- Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.

- General Sam Lane would have a small role in the film and will be set up as a potential future antagonist.

- Lois Lane's role is really small. The story will focus on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton.

- The capital of Thanagar will be in Brainiac's collection.

- Martain Manhunter was discussed at one point. He would have chased Brainiac to earth after Brainiac captured his race alongside his family.

- Superman will travel to space in this film.

- Kara Zor-El will meet her cousin once he enters Brainiac's ship. She'll be younger die to the fact that races in bottled cities don't age.

- Superman would fight Brianiac twice in this film. In space and on Earth.

- The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.

>and Zack Snyder wrote the story.

nice. Probably not true but I like the fact zod is included and MM.

Sounds pretty kino to me

>Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city.
YES YES YES

MORE ZOD
MORE FAORA
MORE KINOGOD

FUCK YOU LITTLE PIECES OF REDDIT SHIT

Hey Op does Warner/Synder anyone know that folks like MoS due to the action scenes and if there is a sequel we want more.

>Snyder writing
>Abrams directing
>more superfluous scenes on Krypton
>Kara is a soldier

vomit.jpg

If this is true this sounds amazing. I especially appreciate Snyder and Johns working on it together.

Maybe it is. Looks like another overcrowded cape kino Snyder film.

lifting gives him the confidence he needs to direct shitty movies

Honestly, I threw up in my mouth a bit reading Abrams but then I thought, maybe its not so bad because you know hed be insanely true to the source material almost the the point of plagiarism. While I love the dark realistic Superman I have to admit normies would die to have a heroic typical Americanized Supes and maybe it could be fun again.

Am hyped for Braniac, seeing more Faora made me almost spooge right there, Supes traveling to space could be dope too, it sounds overall good.

It amazes me how people still fall for these threads

Snyder should do after Justice League 1, Mos2, skip JL2, and make a triumphant return with Mos3 and Justice League 3.

Maybe a Batman & Superman movie as brigther sequel to Batman v Superman themes.

Then leave the franchise.

If this is true, I'd love to see this happen, and more of based Zod and Faora. It would be awesome to see Zod fighting someone bad enough to make him look like a good guy in comparison.

>No Lex Luthor

Abrams also kind of fixes franchises

This sound bloody awesome.

Sounds like kino to me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

like, the way details you fucking use in this story give this away, fucking hell
if you fall for this, you're an idiot

>Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story.

I just want more Zod lines

"Heresy"
"Jor-El was right! You're a pack of fools."
"Where did you train? On a farm!"
"This only ends in one way Kal, either you die or I will!"

Wasn't Supergirl in the Man of Steel tie-in comic?

She was. Could always just be a descendant with the same name. We'll just have to wait and see.

>JJ Abrams Directing
>Opening Flashback on Krypton
>Superman reverting to his Richard Donner, happy campy self

Motherfucker they are doing a soft reboot halfway through their cinematic universe

What the fuck is he doing? One legged dumbbell snatches?

>Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story

don't forget "I will find him. I will find him, Laura.... I WILL FIND HIM" *eye twitches*

Dev-Em was also in it but Zod had a soldier named Dev-Em in his crew. Could be ancestors.

By making them so shit and generic they cannot possibly fail.

No thanks, I prefer an original movie that flops to JJbinks shit making a trillion dollars.

Why does Snyder love Zod so much? Every Superman movie is going to have Zod

welcome to Sup Forums,faggot

Dubs checks for Lex. Also,

>"I'm going to make them suffer, Kal."

Which one was Dev-Em?

That's literally disturbing.

hopefully

As it should be.

Reddit trips

We all love Zod. He was crazy as shit, but he was still the fucking man.

It will give more context in clark's life I mean you should all the plebs complaining and asking why superman killed zod.

It will give more context in clark's life I mean you should see all the plebs complaining and asking why superman killed zod.

A spin-off comic that a few nerds read vs. a film millions will watch. Who cares about the stupid comic.

Zod is one of the top five comic book villains of all time for me. He's so fucking tragic.

>Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.
Why are they trying to humanize Zod when it doesn't matter anymore. The time to do this was in Man of Steel, when it might actually be relevant to Clark's development.

>The working titles for the film are Superman: Last Son and Last Son of Krypton

Easy.
Just called it, "Last Son (Superman) of Krypton"

Zod was plenty sympathetic to me. What makes him so tragic is his blindness to anything but his purpose.

But he wasn't at all. Literally the first thing he does is hold earth hostage and then show superman a vision where he's buried in skulls.

There's zero ambiguity at all, which is why it's never even a choice for Clark to oppose him.

I agree. The man was simply genetically engineered to protect Krypton. I felt bad because his fate was chosen for him.

" I was born to protect Krypton"

"My soul! That's what you have taken from me!"

Dropped. There was a canon prequel comic with Kara crashing on Earth. This is bs.

From Zod's perspective, he's only doing the sensible thing. To him, we're less than insignificant in comparison to the glory of his culture and the survival of his race. We're messy, primitive, chaotic, and worst of all, we're in the way.

He absolutely can't understand how none of that isn't readily apparent to Kal, and even worse, from his perspective, Kal's holding Krypton's future hostage by virtue of what Jor did with the Codex.

do we consider the insects who live in the dirt where we want to build a house?

I think part of the problem is that the actor's overzealous emoting, combined with how utterly alien Zod's belief system is to most modern Western audiences, obscured the sympathetic and tragic elements of his character. His actions and beliefs made perfect sense to someone willing to immerse themselves in his mindset and look through his eyes, but most people are going to just see an angry guy in chitinous armor screaming at people while buildings explode around him

Which is actually pretty fitting, considering that Zod's a pretty decent allegory for extremism in any form.

>see an angry guy in chitinous armor screaming at people while buildings explode around him
funny, since that never happens

>Brainiac is the main villain.
>Faorah is back
>Martian Manhunter
>Kara
>bottled cities
>Superman IN SPACE

I really hope this is true.

I don't think you understand what "humanize" means. Zod was completely unhinged from the very beginning of the film. His methods are so extreme that there exists zero justification. This isn't a thief stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family. It's a psychopath murdering a farming town so he can plant his own crops on their land.

And it's such a wasted opportunity. They could have set Zod up as a surrogate father figure to Clark. His first real contact with his heritage. He could have worked as a contrast to Pa Kent. And only later on would Clark come to realize what Zod actually had in store.

Then when Clark chooses to oppose him, it has meaning. Because Zod means something to Clark. And being forced to kill him would understandably be difficult. Instead, he enters the stage as a warlord, and never anything else.

Entering the stage as a warlord, and never anything else, is the entire point of his character. his total inability to relate to Superman or get his own point of view across to people with free will is also an important part of his character. the scenario you came up with could have been good, but it would have required a totally different vision of Kryptonian society and the sort of villains such a society would produce

>- The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.

Stop.

>His methods are so extreme that there exists zero justification. This isn't a thief stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family. It's a psychopath murdering a farming town so he can plant his own crops on their land.

Oh, so in other words, sort of like the European conquest of the New World?

Cherokee nation reporting in here.

i wonder if people who think like this look at real life figures and say "oh, uh uh, that's not humanized enough"

"zero justification" i gave you the justification, the view is of a being who views humans as inconsequential, hardly a leap since even science celebrities and writers go on and on about ETs and AI taking a similar perspective to humans

i see that zod thing you set up, and it's fine. but the movie is not bad for not playing with that idea

the tragic elements of the character remain intact

It's a stupid point. Anyone can just be an asshole.

Viewing humans as inconsequential is the opposite of being humanized. I don't get how you're having trouble with this.

The movie was bad precisely because Clark playing Superman never actually feels like a choice. It's fight or die. Whereas if Zod entered under the guise of peace or benevolence, taking Clark under his wing rather than immediately issuing an ultimatum, it would have made for a more meaningful choice when Clark tries to stop him. Instead, he's just a boring, one-note villain who's only positive qualities come from the fact that Michael Shannon is great.

Terrio said Justice League is end of Man of Steel trilogy

Do some reasearch before writing this crap out

That's what makes it a tragedy. We know that there's never going to be a meeting of the minds between the two. It's what makes the conclusion inevitable.

i'm not having trouble with anything, i'm saying that that isn't a valid take to have on a character

plenty of real life real human beings in history have viewed people of an "out group" as inconsequential. the point of zod is never that his view on humanity specifically, but his view of himself in relation to society.

there's nothing wrong with the presentation as it is. there have always been figures who promise something for one group at the horrific expense of another group, this isn't any different

No Zack Snyder he is poison.

No Justice League either. Fuck them.

I agree. Take the league out.

>Brainiac

Will Superman fight a giant fucking spider and will Brainiac fight a polar bear?

If you do that, asshole nit-pickers just say "where was the League when all this shit was happening?" If you put them in, the same assholes will just say, "kek needs the whole cast just to put asses in the chairs."

It's a lose/lose, but I don't mind the thought of the League putting in an appearance.

>- J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film

STOP