What's his secret for doing this over and over again?

What's his secret for doing this over and over again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DY2_T4EB3XM
youtube.com/watch?v=LwiBW6j80kI
youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5dTTYuDpk
youtube.com/watch?v=r0vVqStvh_8&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=l2eYdfzJ9ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Damn, they're celebrating that like it's not even a big deal.

GOAT

He just wants it more

If you've ever played football and used those fucking gloves you would know that throw wasn't that great.

>thinks of all the boipucci he will get when he makes it
>dargons every time

Rodgers isn't using a glove and that's a catch a 5-year old can make.

It's just a meme mate. Don't take his post too seriously.

>used those gloves
>that throw
what did he mean by this?

It is not a simple dragon, it is a whole ICBM.

Nice throwing arc and OPI

his tight end is wide open

All the recievers bunched up about a meter in front of where the ball would drop, so all the defensive players moved up thinking that was where the ball would land. Then at the last second cobb pushes off them to where the ball is going and catches it

A few reasons. One is that he has the strongest arm in football. inb4 memes like Stafford and Cutler. Rodgers has the best arm in the game.

Two, he has the mobility and pocket movement to buy time for his receivers (the slowest WR corps in the league) to get to the end zone.

Three, he can throw while moving to his left or his right. This goes with #2.

Four, he throws with a ridiculous arc, in domes it almost hits the rafters. This allows the ball to come nearly straight-down, making it hard for defenders to judge an harder for a group of them to bat down.

Five, he has insane accuracy. No he's not aiming for Cobb on that play, but he is aiming for a spot.

So there you have it. He is the GOAT hail mary thrower.

You should also give credit to whoever is calling the plays. Nothing pisses me off more than those shitty hook-n-ladder attempts, or the contemptible draw play to end the half.

>Rodgers has the strongest arm in the league and not Stafford because I said so

Stopped reading there

dude just chuck it up there lmao

Mostly though, the O-Line absolutely melted the pass rush. Look at the line of scrimmage, the entire D-line got pancaked

Well-memed.

kek wtf leaf

this is the most standard hail mary situation in the book. you really only run the hook and ladder when you are too far back for a throw to reach the endzone

trigger me as a packers fan for giving mccarthy credit for anything

Everyone forgot about this one too, just ridiculous:

youtube.com/watch?v=DY2_T4EB3XM

And then there are ones like this :

youtube.com/watch?v=LwiBW6j80kI

mike mccarthy probably the type of nigga to practice hail maries all the damn time

>I'd rather have John Fox
careful what you wish for

No wonder they never have a real gameplan.

your first one reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5dTTYuDpk

look at how many fucking yards it travels in the air.

having great fucking receivers?

People not playing defense

62 yards. Very good but nothing incredible. Rodgers' one against the Giants was ~65.

This one was 70:

youtube.com/watch?v=r0vVqStvh_8&t=4s

But really it's all nitpicking. They're all bombs. Vick had a cannon as we all know. Brady did that 70 yarder one time.

Vick and Rodgers do get crazy arcs on their passes though.

Drinks lots of protein

isnt the convention wisdom that elway had by far the biggest arm ever known to an NFL QB?

here's a good video on his one throw
youtube.com/watch?v=l2eYdfzJ9ss

hard to say how long it is cuz it's back across the field (hypotenuses what) but the view from behind him shows how much snap he put on it

Elway and Favre were known as the strongest arms ever.

Elway was the original meme though. He was super-hyped coming out of college and it carried through into the pros, even though he was just a good player for most of his career. He is Matt Stafford.

t. oldfag

crazy how he pulled the original Eli, told Baltimore if you draft me I am playing for the Yankees instead

>american '''''''''''''''''''''''''''sports''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Yeah Elway was a douche.

Fun random fact, one year a player told the Packers that if they drafted him, he wouldn't play (didn't want to be in Green Bay). They drafted him in the 1st round and he sat out an entire year and came back to the draft next year lmao

waste of a first round pick desu

they had to think he'd cave i guess

Yeah just two parties playing chicken. He also lost a year of his career though, so idk, hard to judge who the "winner" and "loser" is. Nobody really won. Just funny.

This is confusing. Does he really really like women or men?

I like how Cobb comes up with the ball when he's the shortest guy in the endzone.

Also what's up with Matthews? Did the league just figure him out?

Or maybe a season off to juice up.

Matthews' game was always speed/quickness and he's gotten older and lost a step. Plus all of his injuries have added up (he's always got a hammy issue or something going on).

But, he's still a good player to have because he has good football instincts and makes plays. But he's not worth the money anymore. Still, he's one of the best players on that shitty "defense."

That defensive roster looks like a training camp team.

>That defensive roster looks like a training camp team.
>Holds Gnats to 13

Buzz off bigguy4u7390

because Cobb literally pushed off

1. They don't practice this as much as you think
2. His opponents are never smart enough to throw a TE or WR in the mix for a better chance to intercept it. Remember, he did this to the Lions when the had Megatron (this is one of the many glaring marks of Caldwell's conservative ineptitude) and the Cardinals who had Fitzgerald.
3. Rodgers has a fucking arm and his team knows it better than whoever they're playing

Ball comes down vertically like a satellite strike, Rodgers is a fucking animal.

Hey Burgers, what's the difference between a Hail Mary and a Dragon? What even is a Dragon?

A hail mary is usually a last-ditch, praying for a miracle type of throw to win the game. So it's usually the final play in a game.
Unleashing the dragon is more like a "fuck it I'm going deep" kind of thing. You can do it over and over. Synonymous with slingin', slangin', et cetera. It's mostly used ironically, like when a QB is like "fuck this, I'm going deep" and then starts throwing a bunch of shitty interceptions.

Thx man. So is it save to say that a Hail Mary is the most extreme version of a Dragon?

I mean it depends on how you look at it. You could say that a hail mary is more "extreme" because it is not repeatable, because it is usually the very last play of the game.

But I think of it like this - A hail mary is usually the logical thing to do when it is used.
Like for example if you are down 4 points and you're on your own 40 yard line and there's only 1 second left in the game, then it makes sense to just throw it as hard as you can and pray that something works, because you don't really have anything to lose by trying.

But the Dragon has more.....esoteric.... implications. It's not entirely rational. It's literally just a QB saying "fuck this, I'm slangin' it" And in that sense it is more extreme. Also because there's usually bad consequences.

You practice it everyday and your receivers too. They knew where to go and what position to put themselves in. Giants did a very poor job of boxing them out.

How the fuck did deep throws get the name dragon? I've never heard about this in real life.

>His opponents are never smart enough to throw a TE or WR in the mix for a better chance to intercept it
they could've thrown a quick slant and been in for FG range, but for the typical game winning/OT forcing play you're right

newfag pls off yourself

IDK when it started, but I first remember hearing it a lot back when Rex Grossman was playing.for the Redskins back in like 2010-2011. He was notorious for slangin' and throwing bad INTs.
They also used to call him The Kraken because Unleash the Kracken was like a variation of Unleash the Dragon. So people used to get excited when Grossman was coming in off the bench because they knew it was slangin' time and that's where the whole "unleashed" thing was coming from.

Also Brett Favre was a notorious slanger but I don't ever remember it applying to him, maybe because he wasn't quite as shitty.

>not being prepared for every situation

Every single coach in the league makes their team practice hail marys and trick plays.

I wish lads like you were here more often. Just giving good answers without having the need to shitpost everywhere. Thx.

The more detailed and multi camera-angle highlight clearly shows a Giants's DB pushing him towards the back of the zone face to face as Cobb pushes back and makes the catch.

a hail mary is a pass where you just chuck it up and pray.
a dragon is a super long pass.
they aren't mutually exclusive

>Thinking he'll be able to do this against the top ranked secondary in the league.

>scores 38 points against the number 1 defense in the league
>in 32 minutes

enjoy sir