The Greatest Debate

Alright Sup Forums, which is better: The Wire or The Sopranos?

wire easy

Six Feet Under

Mad Men

My opinion on which is better changes every few years or so.

Mad Men, Sopranos, Deadwood desu senpai

Breaking bad

The Sopranos because while The Wire is near perfect for four seasons, season five isn't even close.

>It's a racket for the JEWS

> it's a "DUDE IM A BORING GROWN UP AT MY 9-5 JOB LMAO" episode

Sopranos it's not even close

I would've liked Le Wire a lot more if they showed more of the greeks instead of the union workers, I thought they were easily the most interesting characters of the series.

Who wanted to fuck who more? This is important.

Season 2 of The Wire was amazing though, and the Greeks are really just a plot device. They aren't worthy of examination beyond cursory.

Mad Men

Sopranos.

Chrissy whacked the dog before she could cuck him.

If you think this is a debate then you obviously haven't watched The Sopranos.

you just know...

Mad Men is a hair above Sopranos but both together are absolute GOAT. The Wire comes next. Then a huge power gap to anything else.

This

>its an Adriana gets PINKED episode

>The Wire
One small step up from a Tyler Perry drama
>Sopranos
A monumental show with universal appeal, that changed the face of television.

The Wire for better overall story, Sopranos for better character study.

>universal appeal

I love it but I dunno about that, nor should it have. Speaks to gender and demographics differently.

I'm gonna go with Carmela on this one.

Not only was she tired of fucking an obese psychopath once a year, she felt unwanted and inadequate, due to his philandering.

Season 2 and 4 of the wire were the best TV ever aired

S2 of The Wire is the best of television - it's a season of MadMen doing the carousel.

>speaks to gender and demographics differently
I agree, but no matter the demographics, the appeal lies in the audiences ability to analyze the relationships in their own way.

why do people even like s2 of the wire? It was so fucking boring compared to 1, 3, and 4

S2 showed more restraint compared to the previous season and the metaphors and imagery were more subtle

Both are great but the wire is better. Season 1,3 and especially 4 is GOAT television

based

I miss Mel, his performance in The Beaver made me shed manly tears.

Is he coming back?

I doubt it thanks to the you know whos

JEWS

Rome and Mad Men

>Rushed shitty second season

I love Rome but it's a fucking tragedy we'll never get to see the real plan.

bump

So why is season 2 of the wire hated again?

sopranos easily

Sopranos because it's more layered and the characters aren't mouthpieces like in The Wire. Once you watch The Wire once, there's no reason to watch it again. Plus the last season was really bad.

Sopranos makes me laugh and is way more rewatchable.

it's really formulaic

real talk fargo season 2 is better than both these series....

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Universities wrote papers about this show since it's so great and influential.

the sopranos is much better imo. the wire doesnt work on an episode by episode basis for me and the fifth season is garbage.

I judge based on rewatchability, and I physically can't get through The Wire again. Got through the Sopranos again.

Buffy is good as fuck I miss Jenny to this day. Spike is way better than Angel because he likes Billy Idol and I love that fucks personality.

Sopranos is better in every way.
The Wire MIGHT be okay if you could understand the other half of the show with the bix nood speak, but I'm white so I can't make it out.
Instead of doing one side well, like the hood crime view or the "the police" side well, they kinda fuck up both by making you not care about either. Rather than a mixture of subtle and overt moments that let you see where they're coming from, it's all blatant and overt that tries to make you feel more than you actually feel, artificially feel.
I wanted to like it, I wanted it to be cool, but turns out Sopranos has yet to be beaten.

I used to have a great dane that would sit on people like that.

RIP Pumba

Carmela was desperate, Furio could have gone the rest of his life like a man and held off on his feelings.

What's better? A big dog or a medium dog or a small dog?
after watching season 4, I really wanted a small Cosette kinda dog. It's so cute

Urgh, away with you and your false dichotomies.
I do actually kind agree though lol.

Depends on your personality a small dog is usually more attention seeking depending on age usually they chill out in old age. Big dog means big shit so be prepared also hope you aren't a dick to animals.

Good luck on dogs though they are loyal as fuck.

1a curb
1b true detective season 1
2 sopranos

The wire is for Jewish niggers

SCIENCE, BITCH

>Jamal Ginsburg aka "The Hassidic Homeboy"

Frogposters are literally subhumans.

Tony should have had a pet. Carm probably didn't want to have to clean up after it, but I think she could have gotten used to a house cat

where do you get them hats with the thing on the side?

Given how he bashed Angie's car and melted like butter when her dog jumped on his legs was one of the nicest moments.

If Ralph wasn't a piece of shit I'm sure Tony could have bought and loved Pie O My and made money to boot.

I think I'm a sociopath because I like animals more than humans.

>Herman? Who ever heard of a Jew riding horses!

On first watch she is insufferable but subsequent rewatch she is one of the funniest characters.

>SETEMIA?

The Sopranos by far. The Sopranos has everything. It's funny, it's dramatic, it's topical, it's spooky, it has subtext, it's action packed, it's reflective of everyday life and fatherhood and it's a great commentary on contemporary american culture and zeitgeist. It also has something to offer pretty much any kind of viewer. What other show has something to appeal to a wage slave, a rich man, a blue-collar guy, a Harvard literature professor, a mother, an adolescent and an immigrant?

I enjoyed it on a base level as a kid because it had funny jokes, action and titties. I enjoy it now as an adult and father because it so accurately depicts family life, fatherhood, marriage, turn of the millennia history, work life and the absurdity and emptiness of the modern "american dream". I also like it's exploration of death, psychology and fate.

The Wire is good, but it just doesn't come close to the sopranos in terms of depth, quality, entertainment value and wide application of it's themes. Ultimately the wire is narrow in it's focus. It's about the drug war and the modern american city. The sopranos just deals with much more universal themes and is better executed and more entertaining.

It's not a contest for me, but that's not an indictment of the wire, it's just that The Sopranos is in a completely different league from every other show. IMO it's the greatest contribution to art the US has ever made as a culture. It is our Shakespeare, it is our Goethe, it is our Homer.

I really think historians in the future will canonize as the Great American National Epic. It epitomizes the US in a way no other piece of art does.

1. The Sopranos
2. The Wire
3. Mad Men
4. Northern Exposure
5. La Femme Nikita

Anyone have a webm of Meadow and Hunter singing I Don't Want No Scrubs?
One of the high points of the show for me. It really is the pinnacle of television.

GETTA OUT OF HERE WITH THOSE TRANS FATS

>when you try to say you enjoy Season 5 in a Wire thread

>it's a Sopranos are just like us episode

Swank post.

>I kicked your ass!

The Wire, but Sopranos is great too