Kate Mara Is Game for a Fantastic Four Sequel

youtube.com/watch?v=jmG0XCA3g-U

I loved the first half of the Fantastic Four (2015) film. The whole new origin story worked so well.

I loved the design of Dr Doom. All the actors were terrific in their roles. Michael B. Jordan was an amazing Johnny Storm.

Please I really hope that they do make a sequel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UpOK3GmozWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really? I thought she'd be busy with other stuff considering her fruitful acting career.

kek

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

>Rooney
>Pan
>Mara
>Fant4stic
Has any Hollywood family ever fallen off harder than them in the past year?

I just saw this yesterday and I honestly thought It was much better than critics said. The writing and action were a bit bad in parts, but as the start of a superhero saga its no worse than batman begins in overall quality and I liked it more than most of marvels other shit.

>Actress game for a paycheck

wow breaking news everyone

He looked so good in the role

Those trips!

Ahahahahahaha!

>no worse than batman begins

But that's not true.

what are you talking about? planet of the apes is a huge franchise

Kate Mara is a desperate mess

Fant4stic is miles better than Dark Knight Rises

The dark hallway scene was so good with Dr Doom

>Hollywood family
hahahha you're joking, right? they are actaully a mafia family. grandpa got rich being one of the top mafia bookies/odds makers. then he bought the football team.

daddy paid for their acting career.

The whole movie is filled with missed opportunities because the executives thought it would help "appeal to millennials"

I hate all the things you like and honestly feel like peoples passion for those things is only amplified by how popular it is to say they're shit. The second half is a disaster, the first half is a slog with no interesting characters or relationships to be invested in. And even if Trank got to put out the movie he envisioned it would be a total bastardization of the Fantastic Four and worse for it instead of better.

Well seeing as the original series along with spider-man and various other marvel franchises were mostly boring propaganda made to get kids interested in mathematics and science to fight the soviets the further something takes itself away from the awful source material the better.

>the first half is a slog with no interesting characters or relationships to be invested in.
I entirely disagree.

I really felt for Ben Grimm when he became the Thing, never being able to love a women again once he turned into that beast.

I think he was trying to bond with Sue Storm near the beginning (if I remember, been while since watched) and so when he became the Thing, it was very emotional for him to never be human again.

>And even if Trank got to put out the movie he envisioned it would be a total bastardization of the Fantastic Four and worse for it instead of better.
Was it Trank's idea to make them go into another dimension? If so then I congratulate him because I really liked this new idea of the character's origin.

If only the CGI was better and the final act was longer because so much was cut out as you see when you watch the behind the scenes B Roll footage
youtube.com/watch?v=UpOK3GmozWQ

>the whole new origin story worked so well
>I loved the design of Dr Doom

I literally cannot laugh any harder

But it did. You didn't like it because you were not open minded to new ideas

Im not going to call you stupid for liking a movie but I really want to. Yea that is an event that happened to him but its not capitalized or handled in such a way that elicits any kind of emotional response from me whatsoever because all character and charisma, any kind of possible connection to him at all is drained just like it is from the rest of the four. Even the older movie, as shit as it may be, retained his character and spent more screentime with him to emphasize how tragic it was for him. But if it merely happening is enough for you to be emotionally invested despite the fact that he is entirely removed from the plot once Reed goes to the Baxter Building and before that has all but a paragraph of dialogue at best, then cool, good for you. But I like to spend time with characters and get to know them. The plot advances so quickly Ben is barely an excuse for a character and what little personality is there is so drained of any ounce of charisma Ben had before. I hate this movie with passion and I wish I could say I respect your opinion on it, but I truthfully dont.

Nah thats from Ultimate Fantastic Four, and even though that is flawed it only serves as an example of how to do the concept better while retaining what makes the Fantastic Four good. Check it out if that sounds good to you, because they actually EXPLORE the other dimension instead of getting drunk causing a green explosion.

Well Fant4stic in my opinion is way better than quippy Deadpool

Nice.

The whole first half was pretty good, other than some decisions I thought were absolutely retarded, like them being college kids, Ben getting to go because "muh high school buddy," and Sue being left behind.

The body horror part was good, Doom's intro was good, but then it all turned into a completely emotionless ball of shit, and they absolutely murdered Doom's actual character and motivations.

Fucking this. I still want the Tranktastic director cut.

Its not a FF movie but it was going to be a decent sci-fi, horror one.

If I were filthy rich I would throw fox 50 millions for the director cut.

wait, say that again

>tfw you wont ever marry in the mara football mafia and be set for life
>she wont ever demand angry sex while she yells at the made staff
>she wont ever demand you give her a child then pass it off to said maid staff while she drags you away for more sex
>you wont ever get seats at the 50 yard line for free

A lot of people liked the beginning, everyone hated the reshot ending and the lack of connection between 1st and 3rd act because 2nd act was practically removed.

Somehow they blame Trank and not Fox

I know Hollywood is pretty fucking retarded these days but surely even they can see it is a guaranteed loss to make a Fant4stic sequel, right?

Yeah not going to fucking happen. Jordan already jumped ship to Marvel thanks to Black Panther. No director is going to touch this fucking thing

is he actually /our guy/?

The biggest problem is that they butchered Doom in a completely merciless fashion. The forced diversity and Teller's stupid fucking face didn't help either.

>Somehow they blame Trank and not Fox
This I have no idea why Trank gets any hate. Watch the B Roll footage on youtube and you see some scenes that were cut by Fox.

Just like what happened to Ayer's Suicide Squad

His Chronicle film is one of the best recent super hero films!