What does Sup Forums think about skateboarding?

what does Sup Forums think about skateboarding?

Oldschool but yeah, why not?

i'm a poser

the amount of skill in skating is crazy - i fucking love it

I used to be pretty good, was almost sponsored once.
Haven't really skated since my depression got really really really bad, like in about 2009... still got my board though just incase I decide to take it up again which I've been considering recently.

Really cool and hyper alpha male popular - 40 fucking years ago

I skate causally, I don't know any tricks and I'm definitely a poser lol

>was almost sponsored once

kekkles, yeah, I was almost an astronaut once, failed the eye test.

bmx is better

never had one but wanted to learn it.
most of the "skaterkids" were just sitting around, next to the halfpipe, doing everything excapt skating. most of them i got to know were retarded or assholes. i am from germany tho.
thank you for a not retarded thread OP

I was a sponsored skater and i was never really that good. Sponsors are easy. it's the big ones that are hard.

Used to love it as a kid but now I'm older I don't do it... it's sad really, I'm only 20 but the place I'm from/friends I have restrict me from doing it.... I know, un alpha but what the hell

Op here, gonna pick it back up this summer. Used to be decent in middle school, hoping to get back to skating bowls.

i suck dick and dick and skateboarding tbh

Jesus christ Sup Forums has gone downhill. Are you actually fucking retarded? Get back to ifunny, you're clearly twelve.

We can't have conversations if it isn't about traps or rating dicks anymore.

Was the foundation of my childhood, learned alot about persistance and determination from hours and hours of trying to land various flat land flips. Was really pissed whe boardzone in waterloo got bought out by west 49

>Sup Forums has gone downhill

dude this place has been a cesspool as long as ive been here quit pretending like its some elite forum for feels n shit. the only difference between now and before is there arent a ton of raids now. it has always been shit, it will always be shit. stfu and get off ur high horse faggot

it's been the core of who i am as a person for 30 years and it was better as a crime

I'm 17 and I'm gonna buy a board soon, never skated before so I'm kinda excited

the older you get the tougher it gets tbh, your joints start hurting more and more, the pain doesnt go right away after you walk it off. youre still young, so youll be fine for now, but try to take it easy on your body when you start out or youll hurt like a mother fucker when you get old

i've been skating since i was a kid, and about 4 years ago me and a friend started riding cruisers; hill bombing, adventures, long distance marathons, generally going fast and far. changed my perceptions of skating.
now, all of a sudden, every urbanoutfittersfag in my city (UK) is sporting a fuckin £200 loaded bamboo complete, and walking around town with it. Seriously i barely see these people riding their top-flight longboards, and when they do, they all fucking wobble around like pic related

i hate being bitter, but i just want skating to be uncool again so these fuckers will sell their boards and stop turning one of the coolest fucking things humanity has ever shat out into a fucking tie dye fashion statement.

also fuck penny boards

Incoming ban

I met the head of Public Decks after one of the guys on their team that I skated with bigged me up to the company and arranged for him to watch me skate at Radlands skatepark in Northampton... the dude never turned up so I never got signed.
You do realise not everyone lies on the internet?
I have absolutely NOTHING to gain from lying about this.

Woodfags

I might learn a couple of tricks but mainly i wanna star of cruising, once I'm confident enough I'll try to learn more tricks

stfu u faggy fruit booter

No Woodfag

I've been skating for 15 years, go 3 times a week. It's better than almost any other hobby or sport because I can go anywhere In the world with my board meet a friend who doesn't speak English, spend the day with them, eat food, and see all the backdoors of a country I've never visited before. Skating is cross cultural, has (almost) no age restrictions, and is amazing exercise ( not many fat skaters out therr)

I think that that's not a treflip. Skate and destroy

Probably owns a scooter.

>bigspin

That isn't 'nearly getting signed' that's being given the same polite fuck off response he's probably given to a thousand other dreamers who think they're Rodney Mullen.

>not many fat skaters out therr

uh huh

Skating sucks you in, it becomes an addiction

You're not wrong tho

its pretty gay tbh

It's worse than a drug
>pic related
Me, a 3 years old pic that i fucking love

I have way more tho

I have only skates twice this year and seriously fucked up my ankle on a flatground treflip, which fucking piss me off because i never had the means to get it fixed and probably won't be for a fucking while

>what does Sup Forums think about skateboarding?

"Immu punk! Scatboarding nut a crime! Nevar adjusting to da rulez of society! Now give me 200$ do buy those new Etnies or my friends won't accept me anymore, mom!"

Bunch of assholes.

If that's what you choose to think negative Nancy.

I was sponsored by a local shop and used to do street comps

Got free boards which was nice but outside of that they didn't really do much for me, got some shirts.

Skateboarding will always be my favorite thing. I dont even skate anymore but I wish I did

gra/ndxxxa/uto.com enjoy

DJ Khaled doesnt count...

>Oldschool
All the cool fuckbois wear Trasher now

>inb4 lil wayne

lmao wtf is going on

Used to skate back in highschool, but it's been 13 years since then. Friends used to skip school and go to FDR in Philly. Good times.

southeast born and raised, i skate big tranny. street is for posers/wannabes. vert is where its at. downhill is cool too ive been wanting to get more into that side of skating

I'm a skater trying to get sponsored I have friends who are sponsored.

You got a vid?

Not yet. No good street spots in my part of town. Trying to ask one of my friends who has a shop sponsore if he'll help.

nothing beats the tension. going as fast as you can, right on the edge of getting speed wobbles, not knowing whether that car is gonna be round the corner, or exactly where that pothole you saw earlier is, wrestling with your fear telling you to slow down "just a tiny bit"

then you see the end, you realise you're gonna make it, and you try and wring the last bit of speed out before you level out, and the wave of triumph fucking washes over you and you just fucking howl and scream like a tard and this massive grin stretches your face out wide. you come to a stop and stand there on your shaky legs, your wind-stung eyes gushing water down your face, feeling the adrenaline, fucking top of the world shit man, which is ironic cause you're at the bottom of a hill.

then you think "fuck man, i definitely could have gone a bit faster at the end there" and now you gotta walk all the way back up

tell me about vert

That's a lame excuse/ Go find some spots, man

I used to skate but i wasn't very good, so I started longboarding and I love that. Occasionaly i still ride my old skateboard just for shits

Been skating casually for years. Can barely kickflip.

Is there any hope for me?

I learned backside 180 kickflips in 1 day. Just surround yourself with good skaters and skate as much as possible.

Love my cruiser

>735932413
fucking nigger

Pretty much this, loved it up until last year of high school when it got super popular. I liked that it was uncool and that nothing was really expected of you, you did what you liked until you were fucking exhausted. Skating is such a good way to relieve stress its crazy.

Broke my wrist bombing a hill three weeks ago. Another month till i can skate.

That's suck man, a month seems like so long when you get the urge to just fuck around. I personally hate hill bombing, always loved tech stuff like Daewon Song, there's something so beautiful about it.

tell me about it. nobody fucking cared, it was yours and whoever you shared it with.

me and the friend i mentioned in just fucked off one day, spur of the moment thing, minimal planning, only a bit of training, and skated 86 miles along the coast to this place we'd been before. no planned route, no idea where we'd sleep, no idea what the roads were like. it was the hardest, most gruelling, most painful and most rewarding experience of our lives, we really tested our bodies, minds, boards and friendship, but we never gave up and we made it over 5 days of constant achey blistery argumentative skating, and neither of us have ever been prouder of ourselves or each other.

and when we got back? no fucker cared. it was great, it's our thing and nobody else knew or cared.

Still a good community. Une it to travel in town or shit. Maybe you'll consider doing streetskating again.
>trust me
Because you're getting older doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be scared and shit. CONFIDENCE is all that it takes.

>GOOO FOOOOR IIIIT

>it was yours and whoever you shared it with

This too. You meet so many interesting people at a park and even then everyone's always pretty chill. Like literally nothing is better than a sitting around with a bunch of people you met a few hours ago smoking and drinking shit beer to watch the sun go down since you're too tired to move, it's something everyone should get a chance to experience.

I dont know what youre talking about. Skateboarding is about as popular as its ever been ever since niggers took a liking to it.

learn to tail and nose slide