wikihow.com/Copyright-a-Song
youtube.com/watch?v=GKbc2MQdKBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Noel wrote the songs

Brothers in Harms

>songwriting royalties, what's that?

Yeah, that's bullshit.
He's worth at least 60 million.

He has property all over the country, and even after his divorces, he's still rich as fuck.

Those "net worth" websites are bullshit, literally just random numbers.

he co-wrote some of their biggest hits
Don't Look Back In Anger, for example, was co-written by Liam

No it wasn't
Noel wrote everything up until Standing On The Shoulder of Giants

Wrong.

Could you imagine going up on stage in front of thousands of people and singing someone elses song when they arent present, giving them absolutely no credit at all an d leaving everybody think you wrote it?

Must be sad to be a fucking spic

No, he didn't. Look it up, you stupid fuck. Liam wrote the chorus. He even tweeted it not long ago.
>wikipedia as source
Lmao, both Liam and Noel have said it, you stupid fuck

Can you imagine going up on stage in front of thousands of people and singing the songs that your brother wrote that got you famous in the first place, then coming off and slagging him off as a talentless twat on Twitter?

In real terms, yes.

Liam wrote the line "So sally can wait" from Don't Look Back in Anger.

He also came up with the chorus for Columbia when Noel couldn't think of anything.

BUT Noel was the sole credited songwriter (except Gary Glitter, Stevie Wonder and The New Seekers) on all Oasis songs until Little James, meaning he kept the lions share of the royalties.

twitter.com/liamgallagher/status/748926195660619776?lang=en

he really is fucking pathetic
>Liam wrote the chorus

Sounds like his brother is just trying to stop his brother from being humiliated

>No, he didn't. Look it up, you stupid fuck.
[citation needed]
>>wikipedia as source
OK how about this?

Oh yeah, I forgot AmeriKKKunts don't understand glorious British humour.

Or how about you read interviews where Noel has literally said it, and Liam. See, whether he is on paper as writing credit, doesn't mean shit, you illiterate fucking idiot.

People give songwriting royalties over as a business move or for tax reasons, etc, it just shows how little you know of anything. Now shut the fuck up and go be wrong somewhere else.

Doesn't matter. I don't even think Oasis would have made it big without Liam and his antics. He was the energy behind the band. The only reason they got in the tabloids was because of him, and that is where they got most of their notoriety. Liam was and probably still is, the identity of the band. And he wasn't a bad singer in his prime either.

[citation needed]
>See
See He's wrong.
>whether he is on paper as writing credit, doesn't mean shit,
It literally does mean he won't make a cent on songwriting royalties. You are dumb.
>it just shows how little you know of anything
How many songs have you published?

Even if he did write it though, even if he wrote Oasis's entire repetoire, why would he earn royalties off it if he wasn't credited for it? You can say it's a business move, but Noel would have no obligation to give the money to him and being as they fucking hate each other I doubt that he would do, on top of which if this were the case that "net worth" website wouldn't know it and wouldn't be able to factor that information into their estimates.

is this post a joke?
>Liam is the reason they became sellouts
Cool post

>someone like Liam Gallagher is only worth 7.5million
how the fuck am I supposed to make a million and get a comfy retirement?

Liam got JUSTed a lot of times by getting married, having kids with his wife, getting some other bird pregnant then having to pay for a divorce and child support for all of the kids on multiple occasions.

Liam is the retarded one

Go be wrong somewhere else, dumb cunt.

Noel wrote the large majority of the songs, so the band probably decided to just make it easier and give all writing credits to him/whatever.
It's not uncommon for writing credits to be swapped around, etc.
Instead of Liam getting the writing credit, he may have just got cash or something from Noel, etc. Or nothing. Maybe when they were getting on better, and back in the early days, I doubt they cared too much for royalties and the fine print since they were all making fuck loads of cash anyway.

Just because he doesn't get songwriting royalties form a particular song, doesn't mean he didn't help write it.

I think, you know technically and all, If I'm present in the same room as you while you are writing lyrics or composing a song, and I'm playing guitar or even just mumbling, I could sue you for credits. Look it up. The rules about songwriting etc are weird as fuck.

They didn't really become sellouts, you moron. Their songs were pop hits from the start.
He's worth at least 50 million, the site is bullshit

you seem to be spouting a lot of
>everybody else is wrong but me

Where's your source that he wrote something, other than a drunk tweet?
>Just because he doesn't get songwriting royalties form a particular song, doesn't mean he didn't help write it.
Coming up with the words "so Sally can wait" =/= writing. maybe you think Ringo Starr wrote A Hard Day's Night, Tomorrow Never Knows and Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

Again, i don't think you've ever written or published a song in your life.
>If I'm present in the same room as you while you are writing lyrics or composing a song, and I'm playing guitar or even just mumbling, I could sue you for credits. Look it up.
Prove it.

Songwriting rules are just weird in general. Mike Love's got co-writing credits on a bunch of songs because he sued Brian because he came up with the bare-bones of one or two lyrical lines in it, but then there are other times where people write the lions-share of licks and flourishes in a song but get nothing because it's technically part of the arrangement and therefore they aren't considered writers. Shit's fucked desu.

That's because I know for certain that I'm right, in this particular case

Noel Gallagher has admitted as much in interviews in the past.

>Coming up with the words "so Sally can wait" =/= writing.
Yes, it does, you moronic cunt. You don't understand how the industry works, I know, because you're just some stupid fuck on the net... but that IS literally how the industry works.
I could contribute one fucking word and sue you for writing credits, and I would probably win.
Now fuck off being retarded and go read up about shit before opening your mouth

>I know, because you're just some stupid fuck on the net....
Talking about yourself again?

>No u
Worthless response, just admit you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and then fuck off already

>Noel Gallagher has admitted as much in interviews in the past.
[citation needed]
>Yes, it does
It doesn't. Because if it was, Liam would be listed here: As you can see, he isn't.
>but that IS literally how the industry works.
You mean "change a word, get a third"? That doesn't apply to all music. That's only really applicable to mainstream pop. >go read up about shit
Like what? Provide a source for your claims.

I don't think you understand who's responding.
Take the one you just added on your wall of internet victories off.

>It doesn't. Because if it was, Liam would be listed here
I already explained a potential reason he wasn't listed. You are beyond stupid and don't understand how the music industry works because you're not a musician, you're just some dick with an internet connection and google. SeeYou don't understand shit about the music industry, because you're a pleb who is skimming through Wikipedia articles as I type this. Wikipedia doesn't have the answers, retard. Half of the time it's not right at all.

You can't learn everything from the internet.

>That doesn't apply to all music. That's only really applicable to mainstream pop.
No, it isn't, it's applicable to all music. Look it up, and then fuck off. Furthermore, Oasis ARE pop music.

>Like what? Provide a source for your claims.
Find out for yourself. I literally don't give a fuck enough to waste my time looking for sources when they are easy enough to find anyway. I want you to remain ignorant, if I'm being honest. I'll let you continue being incorrect, I really don't mind

I don't care for point scoring
I just know for certain that you're a dumb cunt with 0 understanding beyond skimmed Wikipedia articles and google searches

>I already explained a potential reason he wasn't listed
Except if Liam wrote this song, wouldn't it be advantageous for him to be credited officially as a songwriter to receive 20 years of royalties? Do you think he really doesn't care bout millions of dollars?
>See
>it's just easier to credit one person
It's not, really. The same process is followed. You wouldn't know because you've never copyrighted a song before
>because you're a pleb who is skimming through Wikipedia articles
Which wikipedia is this from I don't think you even know what that is
>Oasis ARE pop music.
No, they are a rock/alt-rock/brit-pop band
>Find out for yourself
>I don't have any proof so I'll just keep treading water
You are not looking so good user
>I literally don't give a fuck enough to waste my time
Yet you'll keep replying to me with more butthurt

strawpoll.me/13292978

the other user is right

Capitalism... and people wonder why some of us are so angry about the current system.

Not really. See

Noel: 5'8"
Liam: 5'10"

no you are, that image doesn't prove anything

It states who legally wrote the song, which proves it.

states who applied for copyright and who was listed. it doesn't state who wrote the song or contributed to writing the song

5'9" Mark E Smith

>states who applied for copyright
Their manager/label interns applied for the copyright. Do you see them listed?
>it doesn't state who wrote the song
Do you see where it says SONGWRITER/COMPOSER? It's the name below it.
>or contributed to writing the song
If someone made a consideration contribution, they'd be listed. I don't see Liam there

Reminder that Pulp are best Britpop

>applied for copyright

You don't apply for copyright numbnuts, you're thinking of trademarking.

>it doesn't state who wrote the song or contributed to writing the song
It states who owns the copyright to the songwriting. Unless that is overturned in a court of law it is legally valid and that's the only thing that makes a difference.

it states who applied for the copyright and was listed on the application for that. it doesn't prove who wrote the song.
like said royalties are changed around and dont always go to the actual songwriter

>royalties are changed around and dont always go to the actual songwriter
Looks like the burden of proof is on you then to prove this is what happened here.

Good luck with that

>You don't apply for copyright numbnuts
Imagine being this stupid...

bmi.com/
bl.uk/business-and-ip-centre/articles/how-to-copyright-a-song
wikihow.com/Copyright-a-Song

>It states who owns the copyright
Yeah, exactly. It doesn't state who wrote the actual lyrics, but who is owns copyright to them.

Also, for Don't Look Back In Anger, here is both Liam and Noel saying Liam co-wrote the song.

>Liam:
>Noel Gallagher (from Uncut magazine August 2007):
"We were in Paris playing with the Verve, and I had the chords for that song and started writing it. We were due to play 2 days later. Our first-ever big arena gig, it's called Sheffield Arena now. At the sound check, I was strumming away on the acoustic guitar, and our kid (Liam Gallagher) said, 'What's that you're singin'?' I wasn't singing anyway, I was just making it up. And our kid said, 'Are you singing 'So Sally can wait'.' And I was like – that's genius! So I started singing, 'So Sally can wait.' I remember going back to the dressing room and writing it out

see

Sorry, I'm not seeing where it says Liam wrote the song, not that it was "changed around" or got any additional replacement compensation whatsoever.

Try again

I like the part where the guy pulled up an image of who is listed as the accredited writer. Even googling that song + royalties pulls up a host of Noel donation links.

Queue a couple of vehement deniers without a link, or even a picture of a site. The minutiae of how songwriting credits are decided is complicated, that's for sure, but in this instance it looks like NOEL has the credits and the extra millions that go with it.

Bring some info or shut up.

>I remember going back to the dressing room and writing it out
So Noel wrote it.

Then you are too stupid to be arguing with. Just accept that you're wrong and sh now.

Noel has openly admitted Liam co-wrote the song, I've just gave you a source of him saying it directly.
There are also others of him saying the same in different interviews.
There is also Liam saying exactly the same thing separately.

What more do you want, you stupid cunt?

You don't understand how songwriting works, dumb cunt. Liam's contribution is a fundamental part of the song (the fucking chorus) and therefore if he decided to sue for writing credits, he'd likely win. He just hasn't/doesn't want/need to.
Noel is LISTED as songwriter for majority (if not all), probably to make life easier for the band/label, since he did write most of the songs... but he didn't write all of them single handedly, he just gets credit on paper for doing that.

The two sources I've posted prove this, since both Liam and Noel openly admit that Liam wrote the chorus to Don't Look Back In Anger, but he isn't listed as a songwriter on paper

Nice samefag retard,

but I've posted two sources of both Noel and Liam openly admitting that Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger. Whether he is listed on the copyright form for the song is fucking irrelevant, you dunce

Noel Gallagher (from Uncut magazine August 2007):
"We were in Paris playing with the Verve, and I had the chords for that song and started writing it. We were due to play 2 days later. Our first-ever big arena gig, it's called Sheffield Arena now. At the sound check, I was strumming away on the acoustic guitar, and our kid (Liam Gallagher) said, 'What's that you're singin'?' I wasn't singing anyway, I was just making it up. And our kid said, 'Are you singing 'So Sally can wait'.' And I was like – that's genius! So I started singing, 'So Sally can wait.' I remember going back to the dressing room and writing it out

Liam Gallagher:

I don't understand how you're missing the part where royalties are awarded to the guy listed in the copywrite?

>Noel has openly admitted Liam co-wrote the song
Already covered that. See >I've just gave you a source of him saying it directly.
No, you gave a quote saying he said "Sally can wait". That's not writing the song itself.
>You don't understand how songwriting works
I've written and published over 100 songs. How about you?
>Liam's contribution is a fundamental part of the song
If that was true, he would be listed as a songwriter. But he isnt.
>He just hasn't/doesn't want/need to.
kek suuuure
>probably to make life easier for the band/label
How would it be easier? Please give specific examples of the process of copyrighting songs. prove you know what you are talking about
>The two sources I've posted prove this
The two sources I posted prove you wrong.

Pls tell me the quacks saying wikipedia is unreliable are turning around with twitter links from a known narcissist.

plzzzz

the other guy is right I don't even know what's left to argue Liam isn't credited with writing the song

The argument isn't about royalties, but whether Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger, which he did, he just isn't listed as doing so.

You haven't covered shit, you retard.

>No, you gave a quote saying he said "Sally can wait". That's not writing the song itself.
t. "I don't know how songwriting works at all", Noel admitted several times now that Liam literally gave Noel the chorus. What more do you want? You simply refuse to accept that you're wrong despite you obviously knowing you are now. You're just a fucking faggot, obviously.

>I've written and published over 100 songs. How about you?
Sure you have mate. Was that in between wanking to cartoons and itching your neckbeard?

>kek
See above. Get a life you sad fuck

Samefags, lmao

Also, both Liam and Noel have said this multiple times in multiple different interviews.

Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger, he just isn't listed on the copyright form/songwriting credits. This isn't uncommon in bands, since copyright law/songwriting laws are complicated

>This obvious samefagging

Guy, the op wanted to know why one is richer than the other. That is what this whole post is about.

BTW Noel is credited, Liam can fuck off all day, if he can afford too anyways.

Keep trying to move that goalpost, or better yet, call me a samefag or some other lame "insult" that gets bandied about on this site. Ya still wrong.

lmao retarded

Wrong

Lol fucking obvious samefag
Means nothing, it's not proof

>I've lost the argument
>better result to calling samefag
>still wrong

lmao

>lost the argument

Noel Gallagher (from Uncut magazine August 2007):

Liam Gallagher:

I don't think sooooooo

Liam has a natural JUST hair.

the same guy that refuses to provide proof Liam is credited for the song but wont accept proof of anything else

Gets that noggin a joggin

Lol this guy. Shamefully lame.

No one is claiming Liam is credited for the song, you stupid fuck

He did co-write the song though

samefag

hmmm but there's no proof he did the interview says Liam wrote the song

Hmmmmmmmmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=GKbc2MQdKBA

Man, if only there was a way to verify what got this whole thing started? Some magical way to scroll to the top of the fucking page and read what the question was all about.

Keep pushing that goalpost around tho it's cute.

so he told Noel to write down four words but didn't actually write anything down OR get credited?

idk user sounds like he didn't write it

That was OP, but that isn't necessarily what this discussion evolved into, you fucking idiot

Liam isn't listed on the songwriting credits for the majority of the songs, but he wrote a couple of them anyway, just not credited.

You don't understand how songwriting credits work, you dumb fuck
It doesn't matter he contributed one single fucking word, he still contributed to writing the song.

So sally can wait is literally the chorus of the song, so if he decided to sue or claim for songwriting credits, he would likely win.

other user is right you're all about moving the goalposts he contributed four words he didn't WRITE the song Noel he even says it in the interview

dummy

>The argument isn't about royalties
It actually is. Follow the reply chain. See >Noel admitted several times now that Liam literally gave Noel the chorus
=/= songwriting, in this case
>What more do you want?
For you to admit a twitter is not relevant
>You're just a fucking faggot, obviously.
>Get a life you sad fuck
Not an argument
>he just isn't listed on the copyright form/songwriting credits.
Which is why he doesn't receive royalties
>copyright law/songwriting laws are complicated
That's because you don't understand it.

Yes, we know... he co-wrote the song.
It doesn't matter of he contributed one fucking word, he still co-wrote the song.

Also, stop saying "other user", when you're obviously samefagging, alright? Fuck off

Lol you would think tens of millions of dollars might incentivize someone to take legal action to get credit for their accomplishments. I mean, you'd have to be a complete bellend to let that slip.

Or maybe there just isn't a case to be had.

Good so you admit Noel wrote the song meaning you've lost the argument. Thank you

I can prove you wrong all day about samefagging like i did about ten posts ago

>when you're obviously samefagging, alright?
Note that me and the other guy are posting within under one minute of eachother

>For you to admit a Twitter is not relevant
A tweet from the very man in question of 2 artists isn't relevant? Are you fucking stupid? Twitter is no less relevant in this case, than if a news channel broadcasted it.
Rest of your post has been addressed already, you keep repeating stuff silly!

I've provided more than enough proof that clearly shows Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger. Two interviews from Noel where he openly states this, and one tweet from Liam which also states this. You can say "no" all you want faggot, but it doesn't make you right

>A tweet from the very man in question of 2 artists isn't relevant?
Correct. Because it doesn't support that notion that he is a co-author. it supports the notion he inspired the chorus, but didn't write it.
Also
>you can't use wikipeida as a source
>but i can use twitter
kek
>Rest of your post has been addressed already, you keep repeating stuff silly!
>I've provided more than enough proof that clearly shows Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger. Two interviews from Noel where he openly states this, and one tweet from Liam which also states this. You can say "no" all you want faggot, but it doesn't make you right
Show me official documentation that he is a coauthor.

Ack, I suppose you're not the same guy who blew off wikipedia. In that case, sure, twitter is fine.

As long as you're not trying to collect royalties, anyways.

but at the end of the day Noel was the only one credited and both admit that Noel went by himself to write the song singlehanded. So apparently Liam didn't write the song at all

>Implying you know Oasis' royalty arrangement
Just because he's listed doesn't mean Liam doesn't get X percent more of merch sales, etc.
It could literally mean anything.
Noel probably does get most of songwriting royalties, but it doesn't necessarily mean Liam is poorer because of this, and it doesn't mean that Liam didn't co-write a few of the songs.

Noel and Liam wrote the song, Noel is credited on the copyright
I've been saying this from the beginning, you stupid cunt.
Stop trying to move the goalposts

BUT DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT:
And fuck off now, you're boring me

>doesn't accept Wikipedia, official documents or even his own proof when used against him
>accepts tweets

put my cognition in ignition

"But legal documentation stating without ambiguity who has been credited for crafting this particular work could mean anything!"

Jesus, guy, stop doing this to yourself.

Interviews have Noel stating he went to write the song by himself and is the only one credited for writing the song

No ones moving goalposts you're wrong bud

>Just because he's listed doesn't mean Liam doesn't get X percent more of merch sales, etc.
If this is your argument, you need to show documentation of it. Otherwise we will default to official documentation that he didn't write it
>BUT DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT:
See

Didn't read
See
Liam co-wrote the chorus, it doesn't matter if he only came up with one fucking word and gave it to Noel, he still would have co-wrote the song under the eyes of the law.

Samefag/and or definite faggots who can't read.

Also, Liam co-wrote the chorus, it doesn't matter if he only came up with one fucking word and gave it to Noel, he still would have co-wrote the song under the eyes of the law.

Also, yes, Wikipedia (often wrong) in this case isn't as relevant as the two artists literally claiming, from their own mouths otherwise, is it?

>See
See >Liam co-wrote the chorus
inspiration =/= co-writing

>Samefag
Pic related.
Out of arguments I see.

>didn't read lol
>samefag lol

he still continues to be wrong...hmmmm

>Liam co-wrote the song

But they both admit Noel went off to write the song by himself both in magazine interview and on youtube...hmmmm

>Wikipedia (often wrong)
Except wikipedia has citations. Twitter is just pure opinion.

jarvis cocker also aged coolest