How much longer do you think people will still believe in Christianity/the bible...

How much longer do you think people will still believe in Christianity/the bible. I go a catholic school and there's only a hand full of kids who fall for this crap, and tbh I think it's for the best we stop believing. Less stress waiting for what's in the afterlife.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1nCYwHt_20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

about as long as humans exist. There will always be Christians

It doesn't matter the religion, there will always be enough minimally educated fucks on the planet who need something to believe in. Modern example: Islam.

I don't understand why people get bothered about religion in America. I understand why someone would say that running a country based purely on Christianity or Islam but in America where religion isn't force on anyone I don't get why there are so many whiney atheists

The Most High created you, you should serve him if you want to live and not die. You need to have faith he can communicate with his people

there will always be people clinging onto the dumb bullshit they were raised with, it will slowly become more and more fringe over time but it will never be eradicated completely.

People have had superstitions since the beginning of our existence, even atheists have some. Luck is a psychological construct we use to try and impose some order in a random universe but it isn't real. Maybe Christianity/other religions will fade but they will be replaced by something else. Honestly I couldn't care less about what people believe in as long as they don't try to legislate it, then they can fuck right off. Trying to point this shit out will just make them think you're an asshole even if your argument is sound

Maybe you've never experienced God. You will know who he is when he judges you repent.

Actually it has been shown many times that the older a person gets the more religious they get. If anything Atheism is a passing fad until one of the dominant religions take hold and start eradicating non-believers

I agree completely. What I don't understand is how these kinds of people think they're helping

>kinds of people think they're helping

Its not about helping. Its about winning. There will never, ever, be world peace. Get over it. Pick a side. There is going to be zero room for fence sitters very soon

I think that's because the older people were raised in a time where religion was very important. I doubt that will be true when this generation gets old. Also a fear of death may be responsible for some of it too.

You are on Sup Forums. Sup Forums Sup Forums

And you STILL believe in God?

Its not about how you were raised. Its about facing your own mortality. Being judged is scary. Oblivion is a far far scarier prospect.

There are no Atheists in a foxhole. You must not have had an immediate, imminent foxhole moment yet or you would understand. Every human on earth wants to believe. Their upbringing just happens to delude them temporarily.

Maybe your idea of "god" is skewed by TV preachers and feel good once a week churches?

They just need some vapid pop culture and reality TV and they'll be just as apathetic as most american "soft christians" Brave New World has done a decent job predicting how the future would be, some of it has already come to pass in developed countries (rampant consumerism, popular anti-intellectualism, dumbing down of pop culture just to name a few)

Honestly I think it's childish, we all die, and when we do only our actions will live on and closing your eyes and thinking happy thoughts won't do anything. Entropy wins in the end, eventually all the stars will burn out and the universe will go dark, there's nothing you can do about it.

see

That's exactly why muslims will be dominating in few decades - they are stupid, uneducated barbarians, but following strong meme of Islam. When they covert or kill last infidels, than there will be peace on Earty, because there won't be any alternatives.

>there's nothing you can do about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=-1nCYwHt_20

lol, nice angle
hahahaha

It's a fucking enterprise

i give 10 to 100 more years before it completely disappears or turns into a new religion

Its not an angle. Modern Christianity is so cucked its not funny. Muslims behead people and Christians "turn the other cheek" so says the lesbians female preacher.

Want to guess what a proper Christian would do? Just a hint, it involves crosses, nails, and gnashing of teeth

You might want to do a little research on Christian based legislation in the US, especially in the Bible Belt.

You have the right to believe in your Bronze Age fairytales, but the truth is that we are insignificant. Every human could die and the universe would still go on like it has for the billions of years we didn't exist before. Implacable and unyielding,

yep!

Of course the universe goes on. It simply matters if you "exist" after you are dead, which you will be. There ARE absolutes in the world. You were alive, you died. The world will always go on. Just because you passed 6th grade science class doesnt mean you are some kind of "intellectual"

annnnd /thread

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
And with all deceiveableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them a strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

It may not be too late ya'll. Consider carefully.
Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Can't hurt to call on his name right? If it's not the truth then it's just words in the air. No harm done. It is the truth though..

>There are no Atheists in a foxhole
FAKE NEWS , propaganda , only religious people say this shit.

Science doesn't give a shit WHAT you believe. Also the Bible is just a bunch of fairy tales for adults. Just meant to subjugate and control people.