Was their cause justified or just terrorism?

Was their cause justified or just terrorism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9MRbek0JXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Killing anglo scum is always justified.

Justified.

Killing anglo scum is always justified.

blowing up your own people for a damp rock no one wants isnt terrorism or justified, it's retarded.

Killing bongs is always justified.

Terrorism, no different than taliban.
I wish England still had the heart they had a few hundred years ago and destroyed them.

anglo detected.

If you win - your cause is always justified.
If you lose - your are terrorist.
War is still in the progress so it is impossible to judge.

CHUCKY AR LAR OHH AH UP THE RA

They aren't fighting as they used to, they are only fighting politically

They were dumb-ass potato niggers, period.

Crumpet niggers killing potato niggers is always justified.

You may not agree with them politically but they were far from stupid, they were the best ''terrorist'' organization ever formed.

>Remove Crumpet.

In all honesty though, as a Catholic Irish republican, I can honestly say that the IRA started out good, wanting the full 32 counties was pretty noble imo, but then they became just as bad as what they were trying to fight and turned from freedom fighting rebels into fully fledged terrorists.

What acts would you say were bad from them which made them terrorists?

Isnt that a terrible position to be firing down that road?

The ends justify the means if you win you were right if you lose you were wrong one people will realize how simple life can really be

Why don't you ask them

heros

Both. Terrorism is a method used to pursue ideology. Was the ideology (national liberation) worth it? Only the Irish can answer this. The one thing I will say is I think today terrorism should be met with overwhelming force. Remember Swordfish? They blow up our bus, we nuke them. Yeah I think we should deal unequivocally with terrorism like that. If your opponent KNOWS that unless he wins he faces total annihilation it may make some of our brown friends keep their head down and stick to Bacha Bazi and shagging goats.

The only way to beat terrorism/guerilla warfare is to be prepared to disregard civilian life and kill whoever you want/suspect of terrorism.

That's pretty much what I was getting at.

>Isnt that a terrible position to be firing down that road?
It doesn't look excellent but it doesn't look bad either. There is a curve 50-70 meters away from the FN MAG and if aa soft skinned land rover or something similar drives into it its going to be fucked.

And they have some bush to retreat into.

Looking at the culture surrounding it, the philosophical cause of independent self determination is there, just not in large numbers, and not at all times during the long time-line of the Troubles.

Personally I would rather Britain be a Republic with separate states instead of a Union with an arbitrary head of state and a codified constitution instead of separating the power of one dictator between an entire house of dictators, with no law to protect the rights of the people through "parliamentary supremacy".
The whole traditional Britishness with old queeny and what not is nice but it just doesn't hold water in a political comparison for what is more efficient, franchising and moral, if anything, it's propagating a tradition of turning belly up for authoritarianism and being swayed by an esoteric patriotism which hasn't been earned through merit but instead through a rich history.

But even if we reached such a goal I doubt the Irish would join such a union of independent states, because the majority of the Irish liberation movement wasn't driven by morality or philosophy, it was decided by who killed who's granddad, what your religion was and how many more people the British had killed just to get a handful of IRA members, you could make a strong case that the catastrophic failure of British counter insurgency operations were a greater contributor than the IRA, just look at the Black and Tans and the Auxiliaries.

Lots of members who were in the Provisional IRA had long family member ties going back into the IRA since hundreds of years, they saw it as just fulfilling the family legacy

Yes it was justified and it still is.

I liked that they used AR-18s, always thought it was a criminally underrated rifle.

Basically just going full steam ahead, bombing everything that moved with little consideration for civilian life ( I know the opposition was just as bad. But that doesn't make it right.) All the torture, murders of journalists who didn't deserve, killing of women who had nothing to do with the conflict, just happened to be related to people who were.

I know people are going to say the whole "they never meant to kill civvies, they always called ahead before a bomb attack and told the police to clear the area" - this is true, but it doesn't excuse the fact that dizens of civvies were in fact killed.

I'm all for 32 counties, and I'm a big republican, I just can't excuse murder of innocent people.

I had an infuriating argument against this girl I was going out with in college, who I later found out was a Protestant. She was saying shit like, "who cares about the 6 counties? It's been British for so long they have more of right to it then Ireland does." I fucking left the bitch right then and there.

How dare she think she can comment on that conflict when she's some un-patriotic church of Ireland half-breed?

>Riffles

What the fuck is that? Some new kind of American sweets or something?

*Rifles.
oops

Sad really

I agree that some of them went over board with killing people who didn't deserve to be killed and that lost them support, but the war would still be going on today if some of the best members of the Provisionals weren't set up and killed. I personally believe that Sin fein had members killed from the IRA who wouldn't accept peace and just wanted to keep fighting. People like Jim lynagh and Brendan burns.

It was terrorism but I hate both sides trying to justify themselves and make themselves into heroes which they are not.

The republicans, loyalists and the British government all breached international law and committed terrorist acts.The Protestant community just had to stop discrimination and stop killing people due to being different (they're the same religion for fuck sake). This made the IRA campaign inevitable as when peaceful democratic methods are undemocratically crushed, violence is going to happen.

But no, people in Northern Ireland are insanely stupid (and still are) and just fucked up their entire province.

Anyway, where are we watching the 12th July flag riots? Is there a stream for it?

In Ireland, justified freedom fighters targeting uniformed soldiers

In the UK, indiscriminate bombings, un-uniformed - terrorists

Honestly it's a hard thing to pin point, the key difference that I see is the fact the IRA had lots and lots of IRA men in main land England was lots of weapons but the fact is they could of gone to every shopping centre in the UK and just open fire killing thousands but the fact that they didn't want to kill civilians and mostly gave warnings before their bombs went off makes them different compared to the Islamic terrorists who want to kill as many people as possible no matter what.

The original IRA were heroes.

The Provisional IRA had good intentions, but as other anons have pointed out, they went too far for practically no gain.

Irish rebel music is god-tier though.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9MRbek0JXk

As of today the IRA is nothing more than a drug gang. NI has determined it wants to remain in the UK but many can't seem to accept that.

Personally I've always been against the IRA for them turning the country into a near warzone. Snipers firing into busy streets, car bombings, lynchings etc. There will not be a possibility for a united ireland for another couple generations due because of so much bad blood between the two.

There is a single comma and a single period in your entire comment. Learn to write, your shit is painful to read.

>slovenia
literally who?

Yeah I agree the noble people who were involved with the IRA are long gone, it's now filled with criminals and drug dealers

Haha yeah, there hundreds of rebel songs on YouTube

What have they done in recent times? why do they say they are still at war but don't attack anything?

They do shit all the time, and if my digits in a RA' thread from a week ago is anything to go by, Second troubles is happening lads.

>they went too far for practically no gain.
but they did gain:
equal rights for catholics in Norn
a right to a united Ireland through vote
less British army personnel in Norn
and they showed they could take them to the negotiation table with a tiny force
meanwhile all the U.K. got was them disbanded and free to join another branch of the I.R.A.
not really on any side but to say practically no gain is wrong

They seem to be on a bit of a hiatus at the moment but are still armed and active.

Cromwell didnt do his job. We should of gone full hitler on them while we still could.

It's time for the children of the provisionals to carry on the family legacy.

>killing eternal anglo
>terrorism
top kek m8