What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Shitty story with a twist that was spoiled in its own trailers before it came out.

Shitty casting

Any Terminator after 2 is doomed to fail, no matter what.

They didn't give a fuck

Everything

They tried taking a bad actress from a mediocre but incredibly popular tv series and making her a box office draw, forgetting that she has no acting ability whatsoever

Although I thought doing the alternate timelines thing was probably the best idea to go with a sequel/reboot like this, it seriously negates the agency in the first two movies and just turns this movie into a clusterfuck. So this movie probably shouldn't of been made to begin with.

Oh, and I admit I cracked the fuck up when evil John Conner said to the old Terminator, "You're nothing but a relic from a deleted timeline."

Get real, if this was your friend's wife you'd be jerking off to her every night.

she's fat

there is literally no tension in the movie knowing that if the terminator does kill kyle or sara before they have sex then he, the terminator, wont actually exist

she calls her terminator pops

liquid terminators are the only thing the movie company can think of to be creative and advanced.

Relying solely on nostalgia. Horrible acting. Not having the balls to reboot the whole series.

Geezus Craft Services was busy on set with her it seems.

i have jowls like that

do they go away once you lose weight

Unless you have a small chin, then you will always have them.

Terminator stopped making any sense after T2 because they used the whole complex time bullshit. in T2 they stop Judgement day and then in T3 they say Judgement Day is just inevitable and its meant to be. Salvation is Irrelevant. Gensis implies that they are in a parallel world where Connor and Kyle don't even like each other. Not to mention there is no violence in a terminator movie. its obvious they made this movie with China and other foreign countries in mind. I hate how Hollywood just dumbs down the movie for ratings and focuses on flashy visuals for foreign audiences.

Yeah, but just one scene of her nude bubble butt and I'd have been sold.

Is that the queen of moon pies?

It degenerated into (unintentional?) self parody extremely quick, and then continued it's downward spiral for the rest of the film.

The movie is like 55% incoherent jibberish, 25% running, 20% old guys choreographed cgi-fighting and the whole fucking mess is just hard to sit through

I wish they hadn't fucked up the ending to Salvation so badly

Hmmm too much ham?

salvation should have been the series to invest in. it was a fresh take on the series, had christian bale and finally set in the fucked up future which would have been far better a setting than LA over and over again

She refused to get naked.

fat and cant really act

There was a terminator driving a truck in the future.

WHY WAS THERE A ROBOT DRIVING A TRUCK?
WHY WOULDN'T SKYNET JUST MAKE A ROBOT TRUCK INSTEAD?

But Salvation was boring shit that was irrelevant to any of the other movies. the only cool part was the post apocalyptic setting. even Christian Bale was horrible in the movie.

she did get naked but they wanted PG13

Really poor casting. The movie could have been a bit better of half the cast was different.

>PASTA LA VISTA, BABY!

Well what are we talking about here, Kelly or with the movie?

This, so damn much

what
when

yeah Jai Courtney reprised his role as attractive model man who carries guns.

her diet

what did they mean by this?

I was ok with the idea of continuing on after terminator 2 IF THEY HAD TO.

The idea I guess could by Dyson and co learned all they did reverse engineering the tech from T1. So while they managed to stop the judgement day caused by Dyson they didn't prevent the events which led to the original judgement day.

Then during the war things would be different like they were in Salvation. Like John Conner thought he knew what was coming but it's all been changed and shit like that.

The basic basic basic bare bones were ok but on top of that is a mile of shit which didn't work like trying to do the whole "good terminator protagonist" in every fucking movie, Tv series, video game, comic, novel etc etc

What that user I think was trying to say is what I just said. Rather than just rehashing the same ideas they could have done something new and had a film series set during the war of the machines. Instead they just made it about yet ANOTHER good terminator.

BTW Bale was supposed to play Marcus but wanted to play Conner instead. That's why it's clear as day that good terminator Marcus is the protagonist and the "star" of the movie disappears for 20-30 mins at a time

I've heard this but I don't believe it.

In Terminator Salvation Moon Bloodgood filmed a nude scene which was cut for pg-13 then put back in the unrated DVD.

This movie was made when Emilia Clarke thought she was top shit who didn't need to do nudity or even get in shape for a role.

this is why her going back to doing a nude scene in the most recent GoT season was so great

And if they'd kept the original ending and continued the story from there we could have had a sequel where Christian Bale played Terminator Marcus wearing the flesh of Connor in a post-apocalyptic setting.

The twist was actually really good. I could see Cameron going in that direction too. Too bad as you said it was spoiled and the overall execution was bad but making John Connor bad was a good idea and a good direction if their goal was to fuck with the timeline. I wish it was a standalone one shot where they had to revisit all three of the first movies to fuck with various things could have worked.

Exactly...if that wasn't cgi. After last season I just don't trust them anymore.

I think that original ending was fucking retarded, like Sony Pictures/Amy Pascal retarded but they had already fucked the film by having shit like the mute psychic black girl and good terminator Marcus in the first place.

When was the last time a good sequel to any movie was actually made?

The word good is subjective here
If you mean money wise tons. If you mean quality wise not many. I guess capeshit movies like Civil War? The problem is good directors rarely do sequels unless they are forced at gun point like Nolan.

The Raid 2

She's a completely horrible actress who only got her start on GoT because she was willing to get naked and do ridiculous, almost laugh worthy humping scenes.

CATERING ON SET SOMEONE GET CRAFT SERVICES STAT EMELIA NEED A NACHO PLATE SHE‘S FAMISHED

The raid 2 was not better. It shit on everything that made the first one good. It went from low budget action heavy claustrophobic gang movie to some half added departed deep undercover bullshit thriller. I knew it would not be as good the moment I saw a high budget car chase scene in the trailer.

Nothing, I liked it.

I knew one of you little faggots would come crawling out of the woodwork as soon as I posted that.

There's a changing scene before they travel through time that hints at it. I don't believe the poster though, she was staunchly no-nudity at the time and this movie was always aiming for PG13.

Fight me faggot. The raid was good because it was low budget anyone that respected the first one would have been concerned once their budget was bumped for a sequel.

>EMELIA NEED A NACHO PLATE SHE‘S FAMISHED

Emilia Clarke is a talentless dumb broad that's what happened

I hate this guy's face

he was very likeable in everest

The hint was the producers asking James Cameron how they could make another terminator. Like they couldn't do that first step themselves. Bunch of morons

body double.

IMO Salvation is sorely underrated.

Not as good as the first two, but is miles ahead both T3 and Genisys alongside The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

if it was its the greatest body double ever. tits looked identical

>tfw you imagine her stuffing Dany's face with nachos in character hoping Emelia gets too fat and gets canned

So fappable

Mad Max: Fury Road
Captain America: Winter Soldier

i actually thought having windows 10 as skynet was amazing and having the son of dyson being the owner was also a great touch.

but it definitely had problems

i liked the father/daughter relationship between the terminator and sarah connor

im sure im the only one who wants to see a sequel

i liked it but i also understand the hate.

Winter Soldier was almost too good to be a marvel movie, it was a legitimate action thriller that happened to take place in the marvel universe.

>Mad Max: Fury Road

Soft reboots should NOT fit into the category of good sequels.

>self parody
The same thing happened with terminator 3,so we have to assume it was intentional

By this, I mean they should be judged on their own, with a knowing glance of comparison to their predecessors.

Bad screenplay. What else is new?

>still watching terminator movies