>beatles-lite

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E-rstOjonZU
youtube.com/watch?v=vCtIYDVh258
youtube.com/watch?v=KeZt5IGJ1T8
youtube.com/watch?v=jtNDwEeXHUw&t=0m15s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2OA33jZac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty much, but still good. Easily their best album.

>beatles-lite

Why not lonerism?
I mean, its widely liked by me.

barely sounds like the beatles apart from the vocals

REEEEEEEE

never post again

this is literally the 35th time this album has been a conversation topic on Sup Forums today. is tame impala the next meme? is it stale already? the world may never know.

>literally
user, i dont want to be rude...

what an astute observation user, i bet you're the first to recognize that

I've never understood this stance. Put on a tame impala record then a Beatles one and honestly tell me they sound anything alike

its just kevin parker (the guy who writes all of tame impalas music) voice and way he sings.

apart from him sounding like a mix of george harrions paul mccartney and yes john lennon at times, the music is structured a lot different than a beatles song

>its just kevin parker (the guy who writes all of tame impalas music) voice and way he sings.
This I don't even get. Kevin parker almost always sings in very high pitch. No beatles were always high pitch

but he does sing similarly to lennon with his high pitch melodies.
youtube.com/watch?v=E-rstOjonZU

I agree but Lennon wasnt always/mostly in high pitch where as Kevin Parker is. I agree they are similar but their styles differ enough where I never make that connection. And if he did sound like him, isnt that a good thing? I love the beatles and john lennon's singing. The more the merrier

kevin parker isnt high pichted all the time either. lonerism and currents are part of a phase he was going through, his obsession with cheesy pop like the bee gees who do the mickey mouse voices all the time. listen to innerspeaker or his earlier output its more mellower

You guys are in denial. Maybe on Innerspeaker he was ripping off other 60s bands more, but Lonerism is very much a Beatles rip off. Either way he's completely unoriginal. Also the Beatles all usually sang in the upper register of their voices and Parker sounds exactly like Lennon so idk what you're talking about there.

>Lonerism is very much a Beatles rip off.
have you never heard this before? lmao

>Heavily inspired by Todd Rundgren's 1973 album A Wizard, a True Star, Lonerism represents somewhat of a musical departure for Tame Impala.[12]

I honestly don't hear the resemblance outside of the fact that they're psych pop. If I recall correctly A Wizard had a lot of very short songs on it, and the songs on Lonerism all tended to drag on too long. Even She Just Won't Believe Me is too long for an interlude.

other way around

thanks for seeing the comparison, thats what he was going for

tame impala is more todd rungren / nazz inspired than the beatles anyways.
youtube.com/watch?v=vCtIYDVh258

They really don't sound like the Beatles

thats what ive been saying. the songs just arent structured the same. theyre both trying to be pop but totally difference amalgamation of influences and ideas. tame impala sounds more like nazz

How does this not sound like the Beatles?

If only more people would realize this shit, aside from Kevin Parker sounding like Lennon they're totally different

tame impala sounds more like the band trying to copy the beatles than the actual beatles

like oh yeah i remember when the beatles would have huge long space rock guitar passages and used an abundance of phaser pedals...

youtube.com/watch?v=KeZt5IGJ1T8

oh wait they never did that

>oh wait they never did that
It's highlighted.

not a phaser pedal, that tremolo
youtube.com/watch?v=jtNDwEeXHUw&t=0m15s

btfo, tame impala is not similar to the beatles at all

Every band sonds like the beatles

Wtf am I reading?

>huge long space rock guitar passages
You mean a guitar solo?

>an abundance of phaser pedals
You mean one phaser pedal? Also they weren't exactly around in the 60s. And I can't think of a time they ever used it on a guitar, but the Beatles fucking seemed to be using flange on every other song at one point.

The beatles never used effects pedals like kevin parker does.

they used early fuzz boxes and distorion pedals and even a wah wah pedal. they put their songs through flanging which is similar to phasing but its not the same as using an actual pedal like kevin parker does. they used a leslie speaker which sort of sounds like a phaser pedal but not quite. had they stuck around in the 70s they would have used them together im sure
>You mean a guitar solo?
no i mean like the introduction to its not meant to be, they never did anything like that. thats more of a prog rock/hard rock thing
>the Beatles fucking seemed to be using flange on every other song at one point.
uhh, no, they put blue jay way through a lot of flanging and put it on their voices a few times but never to the extent like tame impala

>no i mean like the introduction to its not meant to be, they never did anything like that.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2OA33jZac

Also do me a favor: listen to Blue Jay Way again, but this time make sure your volume isn't on mute.

thats an outtake genius, of course they jammed and stuff but its not like they leave that in the actual take. also what a poor example thats one lennon song that is like that. its not meant to be in its 5 minute entirety was placed on the album as the A side opener. the beatles would never put something like i want you as the A side opener are you kidding??

and also blue jay way again is nothing structurally like the beatles. leslie speaker for harrisons and tthe other beatles voices, and flanging on the drums and everything else. still no pedals. also used a cello kevin parker is all electronics and synths