Sebastianism in Portuguese and Brazilian mythology and culture is the belief that King Sebastian of Portugal will...

>Sebastianism in Portuguese and Brazilian mythology and culture is the belief that King Sebastian of Portugal will return to save Portugal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFzZfBSGB4k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the myth that the dream didn't die with D. Sebastião, and that the people that brought Portugal to the gold age had a worse start than we have right now, so it is within us the potential to bring something great.

But I guess you wouldn't know metaphor if it hit it you in the face.

>m-muh king ain't dead
>WE WUZ GOLDEN AGE N SHIET

Why are Albertos so pathetic?

It's literally the opposite. It's a "stop complaining and start doing" call put to poem in the early XX century.

at least the Portuguese have heroes mate

Who?

> The Fifth Empire (Portuguese: Quinto Império) is a concept of a global Portuguese empire with spiritual and temporal power, based on an interpretation of Daniel 2 and the Book of Revelation, whose origins lay with António Vieira. The concept became well known after the publication of the book Mensagem, by Fernando Pessoa.

When will Portugal rightfully take its place as the world's superpower?

When the Spanish provinces are united as one.

Its not a metaphor you lying faggot

kiwis are really good posters desu

t. Sebastian Barbosa

The idiot young king that decided it was a nice idea to make a land attack on a desert against the moors because the Sp*niards told him he was too chicken to do it.

i.e. the reason we lost all our noblemen and got into the Iberian Union that turned the Dutch and English against us that made us lose all our shit eventually that brought us the fantastic post-1580 age that has been Portuguese history.

Sucks being so small you can only have enough people for one army and no backups.

You have nothing to do with Portugal duck off Africa.

And you have nothing to do with Spain, you fucking fat indian.

Now leave Brazil alone, they'll be needed for the 5th Empire.

>let me tell you about your myth
and yet, it is

Sebastião was a fucking faggot who doomed us to the European cuck shed.
What an absolute fucking failure of a king. Fuck Camões for encouraging his faggotry, too.

Portugal is the head and Brazil is the body of the 5th empire.

Camões didn't encourage him. He wrote a whole fucking book on how great we were at sea, and how land battles were so much harder for us, and the little punk decided to attack by land.

And Benin also used to be Portuguese.

sebastião was actually trying to protect key alliances we had in morocco from the turks
i mean he was compulsive and young and idiotic but his parents died when he was young

Obrigado meu amigo. I'm a big lusophile though. I will await the day that Portugal rules the world.

Along with its children.

shouldn't have trusted a white man to lead to moors to victory

with whites you lose

Spanish army is same as Portugal army Portugal army is same as Spanish army.

>i am greek
fuck off

best antipodean one could ever hope for

We're melancholic.
Think about metal gear solid 2 plant chapter's atlantic ocean feeling.

youtube.com/watch?v=PFzZfBSGB4k

>Portuguese army doesn't any men lose 1:50.
>Spain looses 5:1
>Same
Spain has no fighting spirit unless it's a mirror in front of them.

This. Based Quivis know the struggle of having a retarded yellow and sandy big brother who ruins your family's image.

Why are leafs so lame?

portugueses are the best
kys fucking piece of leaf

some two weeks ago i'd shit on such threads, but recently i've been getting more and more involved with nova portugalidade so i actually give a shit about fellow tugas now
The 5th will come, stand strong manuel

>Brazilian mythology
Huh... no

Canudos and Contestado.
It's still somewhat strong in nordeste culture i think.

It was this dude, at least he died in battle.
El Rei D- Sebastião