Was it really that bad?

Wew lads guess we can pack it up, we had a good run

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm starting to get scared lads virtually every single blockbuster is already cursed before it hits mass audiences.

It reads like a way to move dark magic arround.

>Final wish
>Watch an over hyped SJW infested Disney movie

Wasn't that the plot of Fanboys?

yes.

I actually hadnt heard anything about this campaign. That sick guy who saw episode 7 early was all over the news. And he ended up dying very shortly after seeing that as well. Will this become an annual tradition?

Honestly if you like this DisneyWars bullshit you never liked Star Wars in the first place.

Weird. I could kind of understand the guy who wanted to watch Episode VII before he died. But why this one? Just some spinoff movie.

Did he see the version before or after the reshoots?

probably because all the hype for Star Wars has died down and no one cares anymore

It's like 1999 all over again

>Lucas has devised the perfect way to get the blood of virgins.

>watch Episode VII before he died
I pity the guy. I really do.

Yeah, I don't get this. Most truly hardcore OG Star Wars fans seem disinterested in the new Star Wars stuff at best.

That's a harsh way to put it but not entirely wrong either.

>Most truly hardcore OG Star Wars fans seem disinterested in the new Star Wars stuff at best.

Fuck off. Every nerd I know lives and breathes this shit. They're the original 80s kids who don't have a stick up their ass about MUH FEMALE LEAD and so on but just enjoy Star Wars,

I know some pretty big nerds and have had long conversations about why the movies were disappointing without anybody mentioning that stupid meme Disney manufactured so that they could easily deflect real criticism.

>just enjoy Star Wars
Episode VII isn't Star Wars. It's a by the book post-2010 blockbuster with a Star Wars paintjob.

>Episode VII isn't Star Wars.
Yes it is. And you should really consider if you want to be the type of douche who thinks making statements like this doesn't make him sound like a twat.

This.Oh this so much. This new shit by disney is NOT Star Wars. Its disney dressing up more marvel garbage and callin it Star Wars.

What's your dog in this fight? Why aree you such a strong defender of Episode VII?

Star Wars was built on and was always about pioneering creativity in effects and telling a grand story about passionate people letting their feelings destroy them and the disappoint and disillusion felt by Lucas' generation towards their parents who gave them the gift of Vietnam.

At the peak of the story Luke confronts his father and overcomes the worst parts of himself and in doing so is able to 'balance the force,' meaning that order is restored to both the universe and himself.

But now everything's been thrown right back to the halfway point in the saga because that's what the 'fans' all want and now we're going to see roughly the same story beats all over again executed by people who didn't quite understand them for no reason other than that there's money to be made.

Where does your admiration come into this?

>What's your dog in this fight? Why aree you such a strong defender of Episode VII?

That you're wrong and you have a douchey attitude about it. TFA is a Star Wars movie whether you like it or not m8.

Well why should anybody think that you're position is right over mine? doesn't seem to think I'm wrong or a douche.

>disney owns the rights to Star Wars
>made TFA

Yup it's a Star Wars movie. I think what you MEAN to say is that it doesn't feel like the classic Star Wars movies, which is a fair opinion. But TFA is still technically and officially a Star Wars movie.

Because I'm right and you're wrong. It's called "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and you're saying it's not a Star Wars movie.

>TFA is still technically and officially a Star Wars movie
In the same way that the new Ghostbusters movie is, sure. But many people would say that that isn't really worth much at all.

I replied to a different post first but still applies to what you wrote I think.

Not him but as someone born in the 80's whose entire childhood revolved around Star Wars, I haven't had a more miserable cinema-going experience than TFA. Ever. After the first twenty minutes I just wanted to leave, but forced myself to stay in case it picked up. In hindsight I wish I had just walked out.

It wasn't a Star Wars film. In many respects it was just as bad as, if not worse than, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. A cheap, lazy, rushed cash-grab - little more than a subpar Marvel movie shot with semi-convincing replicas of old Star Wars props and costumes.

Not that guy but yes everyone knows Disney owns the rights to Star Wars. No one is contesting you fucking retard. Have you ever tried to contribute to a discussion instead of being a smug pedantic fuck?

>the same way that the new Ghostbusters movie is
Exactly.

You might not enjoy them and they might not match the originals in style or spirit but they're still official parts of their respective franchises. Deal with it

I'm not smug. I'm right.

>Not that guy
Sure

>It wasn't a Star Wars film.
>has Star Wars in the title
>released by company that owns the rights to Star Wars

How dumb can you be? Maybe grow up and stop living in your baby world where whatever you want to be true is true and the things you don't like aren't real.

An adult would say
TFA was a shitty Star Wars movie that didn't line up with the original trilogy

A child says "TFA isn't star wars"

If he really cared what everyone else thought he'd just parrot the the same line everyone else does

>"hurr I love le Star Wars, May the force be with you XD"

That's all anyone was saying after TFA despite what a boring, pointless rehashed mediocrity it was.

It's not Star Wars, it's just a pointless money grab. The people that actually made Star Wars good aren't even a part of it.

hint: if Gary Kurtz isn't involved it's not a Star Wars movie.

>If he really cared what everyone else thought he'd just parrot the the same line everyone else does
>>"hurr I love le Star Wars, May the force be with you XD"

Hello newfriend.

>Can only process semantic information, can't extrapolate the concept of something not being a Star Wars or Ghostbusters film in feel, spirit, etc

You're legitimately an aspergo, aren't you?

Everyone knows Disney owns the rights to Star Wars, so what's your point? That you can annoy everyone with your autism?

>sure
Wow you really exposed me there.

If the concept art isn't designed by Ralph McQuarrie it's not Star Wars

everyone pretends to love Disneyfied Star Wars on 99% of the internet and IRL

Autists seem to have a lot of difficulty understanding idiomatic language.

They should stick to labeling everything in their house or playing dwarf fortress or whatever it is they normally do.

>so what's your point?
That The Force Awakens is officially part of the Star Wars universe? That's what this whole exchange has been about. Pay attention or don't post.

>An autist would say TFA was a shitty Star Wars movie that didn't line up with the original trilogy

Hint: adults who aren't mentally-crippled autismdroids can say to each other 'TFA isn't Star Wars' and understand the concept of it being 'officially' part of the series but in every other regard being completely divorced from it through inference.

>If the concept art isn't designed by Ralph McQuarrie it's not Star Wars
If it's not made by Disney or Lucasfilm it's not Star Wars. I'm right you're wrong.

Your stance is supported by personal taste and opinion. Mine is supported by the fucking law.

i don't like star wars but goddamn ralph makes some fine art

Would they ever grant your wish to fuck a woman before dying?

>implying this was what you meant when you first posted it

Nice backtracking m8. Try harder next time. Something like "I didn't enjoy The Force Awakens, it didn't feel like the classic Star Wars movies" Ya know. Like a person with a brain would say.

No that's not what anyone in this thread said thinks, like I said everyone knows Disney owns the rights to Star Wars. We all know they are LITTERALY Star Wars. But having autism would make it hard for you to understand the conversation huh?

Calm your torquewrenches, Robocop.

By the way, laws vary from country to country and here in the UK most of the designs from the original trilogy are in the public domain due to a court ruling classifying them as 'industrial design'.

holy shit no one cares about your dumb "MCU" tier canon "same universe" shit

I don't care about canon I care about quality and the "spirit" of the project. The OT had something aside from pandering nostalgia cash ins they actually cared about making a decent well written movie.

he sure did

RIP

Episode VII is just a superficial pastiche of Star Wars.

Disney Star Wars is to Star Wars what August Derleth was to H.P. Lovecraft.

TFA isn't a Star Wars movie.

Still haven't see TFA. The combo of being rather indifferent to SW and JJ ,the nostalgia hack's, involvement had me skip the whole mess.

Rogue One looks like another dull story that ,due to it's place in the timeline, can't do much that matters.

>But having autism would make it hard for you to understand the conversation huh?
Your love of Star Wars has caused you to lash out at a fellow human suffering with autism. Congratulations on being a piece of shit. At least the sperg has an excuse for being a twat.

Everyone but you understood it the first time, you might be the one without a brain.

Actually, it is. Reference above for proof. Or get off your ass and research it.

we're hitting autism levels that shouldn't even be possible

I don't even like Star Wars. They all suck.

No they don't. If spergs lash out and act like pieces of shit, it's because their parents didn't do a good job raising them.

'Oh he's a piece of shit because he has autism, you can't say anything bad about him or censure him' is a shitty excuse used by terrible people.

TFA isn't a Star Wars movie.

Kinda ironic... George Lucas said he showed Star Wars to ill patients back in the day and it made them live longer

>If spergs lash out and act like pieces of shit, it's because their parents didn't do a good job raising them.
Or it's because their brains don't work right due to their disability. Way to show your age.

What's TFA? Are you talking about "Star Wars: The Force Awakens?" The movie that literally has "STAR WARS" in the title?

I understand the thinking behind a grimmer finale to Star Wars but I think that I agree with Lucas' idea more. Of course in the real world nobody gets over tragedy, turmoil and conflict that easily but Luke having no more demons to deal with at the end of the saga feels more thematically appropriate. He's brought balance to the force, and balancing the force is a metaphor for being at peace with yourself and the world.

If everything was left a hazy wreck it might more accurately convey the idea that when one generation fucks up their children are left lost but at the same time it undermines Luke's spiritual victory. I don't think that there was a perfect solution so I'm happy with what we got.

You know, it's funny. I'm , , and a few others, the one who got that user into all of this, and I've been told by a legitimate psychologist that I am almost certainly aspergic.

No excuse. I've known autistic children who grew up to extremely functional members of society because their parents didn't use their child's condition as a caulk to let their robot offspring get away with murder.

By the way, it's really transparent from your typing style that you're

Writing about yourself in the third person.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0

>behind a grimmer finale to Star Wars

It wasn't even supposed to be a "finale" they were going to have way more movies originally

also

>tfw you will never see the original imperial planet design

>I am almost certainly aspergic

meh that's like autism lite at best.

He means TFA, that movie Disney made that's not a real Star Wars movie.

that shit looks amazing. truly we are in the worst timeline.

>they were going to have way more movies originally
If that ended up being the case I'd probably approve of a darker ending to Return of the Jedi, but as the ending to a saga about dealing with discord it feels appropriate to finish with everything settled and right.

>original imperial planet design
tfw we had a second chance to get this but we got Hoth+inside of Death Star 2: Electric Boogaloo.

This is how I am treating Spiderman: Homecoming.

It's not a Spiderman movie to me. Just a fan made Disney film

If Disney make Rey to be Queen of the Galaxies and do not make her a sith... then I am fucking done with respecting them.

For a character so powerful as Rey; WHY would you make her a goody goody.

If Disney are seriously going to copy Episode 6 by her saving Kylo and defeating Snoke... well then they have lost me because that should not be how the whole series ends.

In my opinion: they should end it with Snoke winning and Kylo going to the light side BUT Rey goes to the dark and remains dark as she conqures the galaxy.

Make it like a tragic story like the ending of Episode 3 where Anakin has now become Darth Vader and killed all the Jedi.

THIS is how they should end it. Dark and disturbing. Representing real life

you must honestly be retarded if you think that's happening

Disney has been the ""safe, paint by numbers, boring as sin" studio since the Black Cauldron bombed in the 80s

The new trilogy is just going to be a rehash of the OT, and you morons will lap it up because you'll be expecting something different for no reason whatsoever.

Been thinking about killing myself... Will they let me see it before then?

Well I will be letting out my rage if they do copy the OT.

Yeah I know Disney wants
>"LE STRONG FEMALE FOR LE LITTLE GIRLS DO BE ABLE TO RELATE TO"

>hardcore OG Star Wars fans seem disinterested

You should really leave Sup Forums some time and go outside.

Just seeing it should cause you to die. It's like the Ring tape.

>"Hey excuse me, I am an user from Sup Forums who would like to see your movie early"
nah doubt they would allow you to

>Another movie about the Death Star

Old Alec Guinness was right, Star Wars plebs are the biggest shit eaters pop culture has ever produced.

Did anybody watching A New Hope ever wonder how they stole the plans for the Death Star? Fuck no, it wasn't important. My problem with this movie is that it's totally unnecessary.

I don't see any clear trend of thematic consistency in your thinking but I think it's what you have in mind. Let's just think it through.

>For a character so powerful as Rey; WHY would you make her a goody goody.
Why would you make her an edgelord?

Anakin's fall came from his attachment to Padme and his fear of loss. What does Rey have to bring about a fall?

>saving Kylo
Honestly this makes sense to me. Disney at least had the good sense to make their antagonist conflicted rather than evil. It's not entirely clear why he became an edgelord and I expect any susbtantial explanation they could give would feel contrived so I don't want one. But him going back I think could work really well for these movies but couldn't work without an original pull for him to fight back against so I don't know how to fix Kylo.

>THIS is how they should end it. Dark and disturbing. Representing real life
What would the point in representing real life be? That's not a rhetorical question I really want to know why you'd take Star Wars in that direction.

Biggest Star Wars fan I've ever met irl strongly disliked the movie. My discussion with him is where I draw a lot of my points ITT from.

All movies are arguably unnecessary, try harder.

>4 bad star wars movies in a row
>MAYBE THIS ONE WILL BE GOOD

when will this meme end

>implying the prequels were bad

>All movies are arguably unnecessary, try harder.

Actually, no. In this case there has to be a reason for it to exist considering it's a prequel. The Death Star plans were used just to advance the plot in A New Hope, how they were acquired didn't matter. There's nothing of importance to be learned in regards to the Star Wars saga. Rogue One is Filler: The Movie.

I am 100% sure in the 40 years since it was released someone has wondered that and desperately wanted a movie about it. Aside from Trek, Star Wars was the original nerd fandom thing.

>prequels
>bad

Sup Mike?

>Aside from Trek, Star Wars was the original nerd fandom thing.

And both franchises are infinitely worse for it.

The prequels weren't bad you memer. I saw episode 3 on opening night and everybody in the theatre loved it. Same for Episode 1. The only one that was objectively 'bad' was episode 2, and that still expanded the universe far more than episode 7.

It's possible to believe that both the prequels were shit and the new movies are shit. You don't have to pick a side.

>The only one that was objectively 'bad' was episode 2
nah Episode 2 had a lot of great scenes. I loved the subplot of Obi Won hunting down the lost planet and meeting Jango.

But true: all my friends loved the prequels when we saw them back in the day. I never knew so many people hated them until I started using the internet more and came across extreme haters who criticized every single thing

>nothing of importance to be learned in regards to the Star Wars saga
The Star Wars saga was always more than plot. Maybe they saw the plans plot as a good aesthetic vehicle, maybe there's potential for a unique take on the great stuff in Star Wars here. Almost certainly not for sure but I don't think that that makes it unnecessary.

Who's picking sides? I call everyone who dislikes the prequels a pleb, regardless of what they think of movies that aren't the prequels.

>It's not entirely clear why he became an edgelord and I expect any susbtantial explanation they could give would feel contrived so I don't want one.
Snoke seduced him by getting inside his mind while he was training at Luke's Academy.

You learn this when you read TFA novelization. I fucking hate how much information JJ did not include in the movie.

TFA has so many plotholes and information left out

Give me more of a Dune-vibe really.

I always felt Star Wars as having a modernist look, but this is way more gothic.

yes they're both shit

I'm not sure how there's even a debate about this

how are you expecting anything different?

Exactly

Star Wars was great until the autistic fandom killed it, along with Lucas's autism of course

Yeah I'm just saying that while the normans wouldn't have given a shit about the many bothans who died to bring us these plans, the actual fanbase definitely would have. I agree with you on it being completely unnecessary and confusingly targetted though . The fanbase is big sure but surely they should be trying to appeal to the mass market.

>THIS is how they should end it. Dark and disturbing. Representing real life
No, they should do it because it gives them more new and interesting things to work with. The rest of what you said is garbage.

>i saw a nerd movie in the theater at midnight and people fucking loved it

star wars is just capeshit

the prequels are shit

TFA is shit

star wars has two great movies and the rest is shit. the prequels only have an increasing number of defenders as the people who were 5 when they watched it suffer from muh nostalgia.

Man, what do you guys think of the people who died in the Aurora TDKR shooting?

From what I remember the reports said they got shot and killed about 15-30 minutes into the film. Meaning that the plane sequence was one of the last things they saw before their death and one of their last thoughts.

They would change the concept art occasionally. Not everything in the concept art was a 100% match with what you see onscreen.

Well get ready for not 1, not 2 but THREE Young Han Solo movies.

If they turn it into a good movie, it's fine. Great movies can come from bad concepts easily, if there is talent and art in it (see: Alien).

What will happen, however, is that they will make a slightly darker GotG and underuse most of the talented actors participating.

Bring your quip-hats.

>People bashed prequels to death before TFA on Sup Forums
>TFA comes out
>Sup Forums praises the prequels.
No matter how much TFA is just "meh", no matter how many good ideas the prequels had, the prequels are laughably bad in story telling and visuals. Hell, the best things that came out of the prequels was stuff expanded on from the movies. Looking at the movies themselves, they serve no purpose thematically. Did we really need Vader to be the center of the galaxy falling even though in IV he is treated as another member of the Empire from Tarkin?

They were terrible movies. They tried new things, and failed horribly.

Now Disney is recycling old stuff, and raking in cash.

>"Nice try, m8, but the goalposts are already over here!"

Would have been nice if Rogue One had Vader dressed up in this costume.