Is this still the best CGI?

Is this still the best CGI?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LDGqKyNV-HU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Easy mode tho because they're wet all the time

Did you draw that in paint?

A majority of people thought Davey Jones and his crew were guys in suits, as opposed to mocap/cgi. So yes, best cgi so far.

Yes

looks like shit in that low res still but in motion and hd, it looks god tier

no kys memelords

How do they animate all the tentacles?

The best cgi are shots and things you still dont even realize are cgi so no

very carefully

Outsourced to the Japanese

looking at a still kinda gives it off.

but in motion it was goat.

yes

shut up

Well your brain couldn't be fooled into thinking the material here wasn't cg; they're way too far removed from reality. CG was necessary to the execution of these characters which is the first thing that qualifies something as good CG.

If you're talking about special effects then i'd agree with you but those are very different than something like this

Bullshit

It's a big effect.

how did they keep the nips from making Davy face fuck teens?

stop it, warcraft guy.

no one is giving you any (you)s

Suck my orc cock

Do you have any pics of that orc girl just behind his shoulder?

nah sorry

same fagging

pathetic

NDA agreement with nuclear retalitiation clause

me on the left

care to explain? which kinds of cgi are easy/cheap to make? ive heard about rain and wet, but i dont know why

I was also impressed with Davy Jones, so I guess with yes since usually nothing impresses me cgi-wise.

> kys

It's always painfully easy to spot the underage posters

Brightly lit stuff is also harder and is obviously easier to tell if its CGI.

realer than real life

In the liar's dice game they played, wasn't Will right about there being 8 fives?

i hate this meme

Wouldn't matter. Bootstrap was a liar

not him but

the hardest part at making a realistic a solid cgi object is lighting and it's reflection on the surface of the object otherwise it will look like modelled out of plasticine and straight outta videogame due to the shine it gives off.

wet objects are easier to make because wet surface is naturally more "shiny" than a dry one.

I doubt it made that big of a difference in potc, since there are instances where the jones and his crew aren't wet at all.

they just got skilled people to do it.

Yes but the person to your right is the only one who can call your bluff in the game. Bill knows Will is lying and gives him and look and that's why his next bet is so fucking outrageous. He knows Will is trying to throw the game and get on the ship. If he didn't call him there or make an outrageous bluff himself it would have become obvious to Davy that Bill wasn't calling Will's bluffs and basically cheating to protect him and Davy probably wouldn't have taken that well

See, now there needed to be more effort put into making the helmets a little more varied. OK, so they're elves and probably keep them all shiny and nice and what not but it stands out too much for me

why did he become like that why was he a cunt

he was a good guy at the end of the solo movie

but at the start it shows him charging city's and shit

God I don't remember this looking that good. Pretty nice.

I was pretty impressed by Warcraft's visuals saw it Imax 3D and for the first time in a long time I was pretty blown away by "special" effects. I don't know how good it will look on a home TV/comp monitor.

nope

Fincher is the master of 'invisible' CGI

youtube.com/watch?v=LDGqKyNV-HU

This. Still couldn't believe that one of the Winklevoss Twins in The Social Network had a full CGI head.

>every single face is the same
all they had to do was to make the helmets a bit more covering

In the 1966 Polish movie "Pharaoh" all army/battle scenes were filmed with hundreds of Soviet Army soldiers as extras.

it's a little different in TSN. they did each scene with the Winklevoss twins multiple times with Armie Hammer as either brother, then pasted his head onto the body of another actor. they also stitched two shots together occasionally.

jesus. didnt realize there was so much cgi. anyway why cgi blood and fire?

dunno about the blood, but it's safer to use smaller explosions. could just be that Fincher wasn't satisfied with the practical effect, too.

i dont think it was the final effect. it must have been post produced. Also using soviet soldiers for a diversity is no argument.
it was great job anyway. i hope the rape scene wasnt cgi

>i dont think it was the final effect.
that's a screenshot from the released version of the movie

>Also using soviet soldiers for a diversity is no argument.
Move probably dictated by the fact that only some desert scenes were filmed in Egypt and majority of them were done in Uzbek SSR where you had plenty of Liberator Forces.

oh. thats sad. never seen it desu.

maybe to speed up principal photography? don't have to reapply makeup for one of Fincher's 1,000 takes

i miss the times when labour was so cheap that movie makers could do great battle scenes. no one can afford it now. GoT was praised for that last battle where they had only like 100 - 200 ppl. It should be like 2 or 3k at least.

Shame everything aside from the Orcs looked garbage

yeah. they surely got away with it bc the cgi was god-tier but in general that approach is stupid af. without good cgi guys decent movie may be turned into a pile of shit. Inperfections and mistakes are part of the real world.

Watch the other six Scorpion King movies to find out user!

Fincher doesn't make realistic movies, though. his framing/blocking/everything is very intentionally artificial.

is this real? this has to be a joke

i will never watch the hobbit dude this is disgusting man it's even worse than the trailers

I was an extra for a Sean Bean thing called "The Frankenstein Chronicles" spoiler: I was in a scene where he gets hung: go fig and the crowd of us was only about 30 but they jiggered us around in groups and reshot the reactions. There was a wedding too where they did the same thing.

It's just dawned on me that I never actually watched the thing so I don't know if it looked good or not, ha.