Why do normies like rap?

Why do normies like rap?
>Be me
>at work
>unfortunately, listening to nigger rap music with monotone voice and 3 or 4 notes in FL studio.
>Mention to my white coworker how this type of rap is terrible
>He 1/2 agrees and tries to act 1/2 nigger
>Then he asks me what I like.
>tell him I'm into Synthwave (google it)
>explain what it is
>Likely will never play my music cause they are normies and have no appreciation for music.

Why do normies have the most shit taste in everything? How are they content with this? I mean, granted, I love Daft Punk's Around the world but then it gets annoying and stale. (if you don't like Synthwave it's ok. I listen to a lot of different genres)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYZgIM0haJA
youtube.com/watch?v=_BzY2A8urus
youtube.com/watch?v=fTWgjg2ZQeY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cuz that requires deep thought and being stupid is cool

Predictable music triggers pleasure responses in the brain. You might logically think it is bad, but your brain will be going "yay I guessed the next part right"

Btw I'm 13

why is synthwave better than rap?

Why does anyone like a particular genre of music? It's subjective. Different strokes for different folks.

Just my opinion, I just feel like it has more feeling to it, more cords, more lyrics. They don't talk about sex, drugs, gangs and other stupid shit all the time.

Enjoy your ban faggot

See Response 2

How much of a faggot do you have to be to enjoy synthwave?

I'd rather enjoy that than enjoy nigger music.

You are selecting a sub genre of hip hop, then basing your opinion on that. You can find plenty of good hip hop artists with great lyricism, that speak on more than just sex, drugs, or gang shit.

Look up Sage Francis, his rap music actually has some substance.

like who

>why doesn't everyone have my taste in music
>implying taste isn't subjective

Also, synthwave is for faggots

Oh yeah I do agree. I like Hip-Hop over rap.
The best way I can describe it is "East Coast" rap. Think Tony Hawk Pro Skater. That's what I sort of grew up with. I appreciate that version more than what today is

I'm gonna do it

Rap is for niggers

$uicide boy$
>you're welcome

and synth is for fags

why do you listen to music for the lyrics? thats kinda stupid. i only listen for the melody

thinks he has taste in music for liking the backing soundtracks to most 70-80's science fiction music.

Many modern day rappers that are glorified in the media give hip hop a bad name. It's kind of sickening to be honest.

I listen for both of course. I do music myself. I'm not amazing at it but I try my best to make a melody myself

I didn't say I had taste user, in comparison I can say it's a step up

fuk u fgt

exactly.

vaporwave & SBE/GTB Shield Gang all day. I feel ya my dude. I don't understand why but some people just don't care about high quality music. I have some friends that just blast hella loud extra nigga type rap to be cool. Whitest kids you can imagine too. For the lulz. Maybe they actually do like it but to me it just seems contrived. I enjoy music with dank sample references like vidoegames & movies sampled in. Some people also just don't get into music at all. I find that bizarre.

nah. hotline bling is the shit

To name a few:

Masta Ace
Sha Stimuli
Substantial
Kno
CunninLynguists

Most nignog music is about oily bouncing asses, spinning rims and smoking weed. It encourages niggers to act like niggers. It is basic, just like the people who enjoy it.

Yeah I personal love Synthwave but I will never say it's superior to any OTHER but by far I will always say it's 1kxs better than rap. But I do agree with the user who said to look up Sage. He's a cool guy. Seems very emo (a lot of feeling in his music)

checked

Listen to better rap music fucking retard

topkek

>oldfag
>never seen this before
>can't even loser on the Sup Forums right.

Also, synthwave and modern rap are for nigger and faggots...

New Wave 80's music/thriller/phil collins is the way to go.

It's the same thing technically.
Are you refering to youtube.com/newretrowave ?

youtube.com/watch?v=OYZgIM0haJA

youtube.com/watch?v=_BzY2A8urus

All rap/hip hop is trash.

I'm referring to the music I hear on the radio in the car. Got in it today after smoking some haze and drinking about a bucket's worth of my whores Corona light (I'd inexplicably just eaten torn up white bread, milk, sugar and apricot brandy and I gotta keep trim. I gotta make it sexy)

I got in the car and it was Africa~toto, casbah~clash, pyt~thriller, invisible touch~phil motherfucking collins, some song by the Police~ one of the good ones. then, out of nowhere, it was Who Let The Dogs Out?

I came in my pants. Thas how music is done...

mr. zone 6 half a million dollar ear lobes

>synthwave
you must be real fun at those normie chad parties u arent invited to

dear god, fuck no. Why would I want to go to those? Every ditzy retarded person is there? Yeah, I'm good. I'd rather goto my local hobby shop.

youtube.com/watch?v=fTWgjg2ZQeY

dont like sucidefag future where its at and my nigga gates

Dude hip hop is rap. There is not a line based on lyrical content.

Take a break and stop taking music so seriously. Stop insisting songs tell you what to think or how to feel.

Synthwave sounds like hotline miami soundtrack

u are a meme
like seriously how many layers of irony do you have to have

This guy gets it. Rap music/Negro music is what is "IN" right now. Since the early 2000's this has been going on, it's nothing new. Whether you are Caucasian, Latino, Asian, or Black.

I like to think of this musical time period is something akin to the 80's, it's very flashy and it's not about music it's about making money and popular.

I'm a Son Real fan. His rap style is dope (so normies accept it), and it's none of that nigger shit

im completely ok with admitting that Rap isn't me, and new retro wave/synthwave is MORE my style, but come on user, rap is for niggers.

(Not the dude you @'d)

>normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aesop Rock
Sage Francis
Cunninlynguists
Brother Ali

>Why do normies have the most shit taste in everything?
Dude, you listen to Synthwave.

dude take my advise only bc i was too stupid and special like u
give in and be a normie
i know they are retarded but they atleast have happiness in the distractions they face daily that people like us think stupid
if u go down the road of a not normie it carries over the rest of your life as a social out cast i swear if i could go back to myself and say the same thing to me i would social connects are everything

tldr pls just be a normal and get out so u dont live a miserable life like everyone else on here

I use the world normies to only explain normal people in society. Not in that sense in which you think.

Well, my life isn't miserable. I got a job and a sort of life. It's not HORRIBLE but I got friends of my own. Nerd friends, and I'd rather have an simi smart convo with someone than some ditzy girl about her ditzy friend being a tard and then wondering why something is the way it is when it's common sense ya know?

Depends on the rap. Rap is a beat with lyrics, like oldschool poetry, but with a vallue to the improvisation skill. If you dont relate to lyrics and improvisation you will hate it, ifyou are curious listen to "cleaning out my closet - eminem" and "hell fo' a hustla - Tupac"; but its complicated, you need to relate to rhymes, lyrics and emotivity bound to those and the beat

Busdriver
Rob Sonic
Homeboy Sandman
B. Dolan
Doomtree

J.COLE

too smart for ur own good
enjoy ur life when ur 23 and no passion or drive to do anything

im 25 tho

it isn't to great if youre scared to play it out loud to see if theyd like it instead of bitching on Sup Forums about how your taste is elite

The only reason a lot of people listen to "shit" music is because they are grown up around it. Once a trend begins it grows like a forest fire. I don't think I have the best taste in music or anything because I like my fair share of easy to create music as long as it meets the criteria i'm searching for (no girly vocals, no immature lyrics) but i've noticed that as the years go by, more and more people are drowned in the "culture" surrounding them, whether they like it or not.

K Aubrey- Go to bed

ive already mentioned I don't think it's elite at all, but compared to the rap they kept playing, I can at least say it doesn't sound like complete garbage

Like how every normie on facebook likes a million memes

checked.

Trust me if I had to choose between being an oldfag on here that unironically laughs at YLYL threads or someone who likes "Dank Memes" on facebook, i'd go with the fagbook normie.

that is hard to decide. Considering I don't like either.

I don't like a lot of people but it seems the more stupid they are, the better life they have.

I can't really understand that i feel like it's not fulfilled.