New Stamford Bridge

Looks like a giant toast rack.

Anyone want breakfast?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S54NRiE63vc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And it looks dull as fucking shit inside. I would depressed if my club was going move into this, only West Ham have a depressingly shittier new ground at the moment though.

Wish we had 10% that kind of money around here

why are they building another stadium isnt their current one only a couple years old. its look good as is

Looks like it has a lot of room though

Why are there no suites or luxury boxes? Where are the press boxes? I don't understand non-American stadium design, they're built 100 percent for function with no nuances or intricacies that make them unique.

looks pretty shit honestly

Looks state of the art. Incredible engineering

I quite like it desu. Completely different to the cookie cutter 'arsenal/Spurs' stadia. Also will still be Stamford bridge, just a major refurb. Clubs nowadays too fucking easy to discard their home and just build new stadium

It should end up looking fucking majestic, but from above is not the best way to look at it.

SEEEEGAAAA

They're expanding and no. Maybe you're thinking of Arsenal.

The Premier League is going through a serious boom in new stadium construction and existing stadium renovation. How much of all this shit is being paid for with public money?

Looks like a prison to me

zilch

they just need planning permission from the council afaik

none of it, arsenal and spurs stadiums were funded with loans and chelsea and citys stadiums are/were funded by the team owners out of pocket.

That's so goddamn impressive. I really wish team owners in general in America could pay for stadium renovations like that.

It may have held Arsenal back a bit, they've only won two trophies since moving to their new stadium in 2006 - the often touted line is that paying off the stadium has restricted their transfer budget so they can't keep up with the rest of the league (but they've still always been able to manag a top four finish every season since, so they still qualified for the Champions League.)

Which recent new stadiums, expansion, or remodels did cost the public?

Clearly inspirated on it
youtube.com/watch?v=S54NRiE63vc

A FUCKING PROCESSOR HEAT SINK

The public don't have to pay for anything

I am absolutely positive that there am absolutely positive that there are stadiums in the premiership that have been built, expanded, and/or remodelled using public funds, at least in part.

Arsenal would not have survived without the champions league money. That's why top 4 was so important for them. I read somewhere that they wouldn't have been able to keep up repayments and would have had to sell more players than they already did (fabregas, rvp etc).

Nothing. Maybe Real Madrid and Barcelona can get the Spanish taxpayer to foot the bill for everything they do but otherwise buying stadiums with public money is an American thing.

The council built Man city's stadium for the commonwealth games and then split the cost of the conversion from track and field arena to football stadium, 22 million from the council, 20 from man city. City then leased the stadium from the council with the rate being half the ticket revenue from games with an attendance over 35,000 until 2008 when it was renegotiated to 3 million a year with city selling the naming right to the stadium.

That's pretty different, the original purpose of the stadium was to host athletics after all. New stadiums for Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, etc are all designed for football only.

They still used public money for the conversion, though i guess it could be seen as an investment to attract a tenant and avoid a white elephant

The Spurs new stadium is explicitly designed to accommodate American football as well.

Roman pls stop posting

How many games does the stadium last before it needs to be replaced?

Where are the advertisements? What kind of soccer stadium is this?

what the fuck is a toast rack

Yes, just like how the Yankee Stadium is designed to accomodate NYCFC.

Jesus christ the area around that stadium looks dreadful.

I thought Chelsea was for the posh London fans?!?!

Those look like something King Ralph's consort would live in.

What's the new capacity?

>graveyard right next to the stadium

Only West Ham, hard to say exactly how much or anything because the deal was shady as fuck, pretty sure one of the board there is a Tory donor and the whole thing was a favour from Boris 'toff fuckwit' Johnson

>Why are there no suites or luxury boxes? Where are the press boxes?
see pic + we don't know how the opposite stand will look like

Ugliest stadium I've ever seen. Utter disgrace.

That actually looks good

that looks like the concourse. where are all the stairs going?

i had to give arsenal credit their new stadium was good, and now tottenhams new stadium looks pretty good, but this looks abolutely fucking atrocious what in the everliving fuck is abramovich thinking

60,000. Making it one of the largest in the country

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Of course I can't be 100% sure, but that are most definitely the VIP stands and the stairs/concourse
is behind that. >my clubs stadium and a lot of other stadiums in germany are built in a similar fashion.

Looks like a nice roosting site for the pigeons

the bank loan they got was conditional on wenger being the manager and if they replaced wenger/he left the interest rates would have jumped hugely on it

kek, exactly what I was thinking

They're not "moving into" it. It's an expansion of Stamford Bridge.

Hrs talking about West Ham. Tax payers did pay for it to be built but that's because it was the Olympic stadium.

>tfw Arsenill STOLE our stands

>This computer generated image without muh special effects is boring
The inside is pretty much going to be exactly the same, just with extensions of the east and west stands & improvements in the corners. The outside looks fucking epic. Much more interesting than another Arab Airlines Entertainment Arena

I don't like stadiums with gaps between the roof and the stands. It seems to be a hallmark of generic modern stadia.

It's works with the sunset.

What I dislike is the larger distance between the stands and the field

I didn't know how it was before, that's a pretty big expansion.

Still they should've expander the thing more instead of adding that weird thing around it

What is happening with the train tracks?

Tunnel?

The part of the tracks does look a lot taller so I assume a tunnel

Brimford Stadge

so they've been looking to expand ever since Roman came and never got a permit because of the surrounding neighborhood. That makes perfect sense, because having been there plenty of times during gametime, the streets are absolutely crammed and the access to the stadium is rather limited

this is the reason they looked to move to the powerstation

what has changed in this aspect for the expansion to suddenly be approved now?

I just read/realized what this said

WHAT THE FUCK IS A TOAST RACK?!?!?

I think the San Siro has had that for like 50 years tbf

I think it looks great, so much nicer than another indentikit bowl like the Emirates.

Those aerial shots don't do it justice, they make it look like it's made of metal but it's going to be made of stone, it reminds me of something out of Warhammer 40k, I really like it. It's going to be way better than The Emirates.

Chelsea FC are based in the borough of Fulham and Hammersmith which used to be some of the roughest areas.

I think their current stadium looks pretty good and comfy. Why change it to this?

that angle makes it look even worse

To increase the capacity m8

>not using a rack for your toast

What type of savage are you?

this is the same view, right?
looks pretty good

still don't understand how this is granted now, as they are in the middle of a crowded building area.. like eg the emirates, is built in an extremely open area to prevent this overcrowding, but I don't see how SB could be the same

Maybe its designed to allow light to pass through so the nearby houses will allow it.

looks patrician as fuck

Well I assume they're going to tear down most of "Chelsea village" the last owner had a dream of it also being a hotspot of bars, clubs, hotels etc as well as the football stadium.

The main issue was the train tracks that run right alongside the east stand but they'll tunnel over it like how Atletico Madrid's stadium goes over the road.

>they'll tunnel over it
what does that mean

amsterdam arena is one of the best new age stadiums (as in stdium, mall, restaurat, shops etc) I've been to was basically combined with a train station and that worked well

I think it looks good
though it's going to look a lot shitter with Chelsea branding all over it

They'll essentially just build over the top of it and allow the trains to pass underneath the east stand, pic is the Vicente Calderon which does something similar with a road, but it'll be much more neatly with Stamford Bridge. It was probably a huge ball ache trying to get National Rail to build over the tracks which is why it took so long.

trying to get national rail to agree to it I mean.