Join us, Alabama! Join us!

Join us, Alabama! Join us!

Well those teams technically still won championships, and Alabama. Saying they have 0 rings is kind of pointless.

>ms
>won championships

Regular season means nothing in American sports

Mariners are 40 seasons of shit and then they somehow got the single season wins record... and of course they couldn't do anything with it

Warriors, Alabama, Patriots are all still going to be favorites for championships the next several years. Not like you are stopping them.

Especially Alabama who are basically guaranteed a playoff spot every year until Saban retires.

If regular season means nothing why do we have "LAUGH at ______" threads all the time in pointless games?

The regular season does mean something. It's just the casual plebs that only come here for the storm of memes that surrounds postseason stuff that tell you otherwise.

Cause what else are we gonna do all year. They're fun to watch but it has no effect when the playoffs start. Look at that chart the best teams ever all lost

It's not that surprising though, with maybe the exception of football. To play good enough to have a record like that you need to put in a fuck ton of effort. By the end of the season everyone is pretty banged up and likely heavily medicated on pain killers. Then they have to face a grueling series against the next best team.

If it meant nothing you could just throw any old team with whatever kind of record against the one that managed to BTFO everyone and expect similar results.

fuck does that have to with the ms being perennial losers, nice reading comprehension

it's not that's it's pointless, it's just dumb playing 82 games a season only for ad revenue and tournament seeding

That's what I meant. It's better to coast at like 70% and just get into the playoffs healthy

Mariners hurts so bad. I'll never forget the ride.

Lebron James said something like this when the warriors last year started off 23-0 or whatever. It was something like "yeah they've managed to stay incredibly healthy and play consistently. We'll see how well that holds up when the playoffs come"

>tfw a Wayne Gretzky turnover prevented the bloos from making the upset in 96 and instead set up a memory to use in Red Wings commercials

>but dolphins went 19-0
the pats were a bunch of plebs

they went 17-0, 14-0 regular season
so the patriots technically had the better regular season, I guess

the mariners though were not the best ever, a few teams had better winning percentages, the best were the cubs in 1906, went 116-36, and also lost the world series

Makes me smile

>ywn be so good you create commercials 20 years in the future to support other teams
hockey iq off the charts

Confirmed bandwagon cuck. They had 14 game seasons.

I remember every Warrior dickrider calling him salty back then

ok I get made fun of because I got the games wrong but calling me a bandwagoner when I am a dolphins fan instead of the pats fan. dude do you forget how bad they have been for half my life?

>regular season

HAHAHAHAHAHA who cares about that. the pats lost the game the counted the most that year. The bears are actually the best team of all time

the point of the thread is that the best regular season teams don't win it all, retard

I ain't even mad