Hey Sup Forums, how the fuck do you know that we exist? Beyond your own thoughts, how do you know anything else is real...

Hey Sup Forums, how the fuck do you know that we exist? Beyond your own thoughts, how do you know anything else is real? How can you prove existence is real?

Other urls found in this thread:

opentopia.com/webcam/15505
youtube.com/watch?v=Wma3UJZDmZQ&list=PLRfXN1JkmY39wRC9vifoteUaNYOq8Pjdg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)
livescience.com/25959-atoms-colder-than-absolute-zero.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can't. Stop questioning

Why stop questioning? Shouldn't we know we exist?

I'm not going to let this die.

It's all a simulation. You're nonexistent. Anyone who tries proving otherwise was only programmed to do so as it is their job to be as convincing as possible.

We know we exist by the fact we can consider that we don't. Our subjective consideration of that alone shows that, within the confines of our perceivable universe, we do exist. On the other hand, whether literally any and everything else does can't.

I've traveled deep down the rabbit hole and I couldn't see no end. The further you keep going down the hole the more you realize there's no answers, only more hole. I've seen different planes of existence, or at least to my knowledge they are different planes of existence. There are no answers, at least none we're able to comprehend with our monkey brains. Best to just carry on and don't keep your feet on the ground before you slip into insanity. "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

You ought to play talos principle, it really fucks with your perception of how you see existence.

What if there are different ways to exist? :thinking:

Although you have a very solid argument, I know it's you, the programmers behind it, you meant for me to see this message, you aren't tricky. You can't steer me away from the thought- well, knowledge, that this is a simulation.

How do you know it's a simulation? How do you know your not the only thing that exists?

we need to keep this thread alive

What do you mean? These are my original thoughts, you are not real.

Are you real?

I'm trying to prove nothing exists. It's more challenging

Better to simply be and experience than to ponder the terms and conditions of our existence and let it pass by infront of our eyes having never waded into its current.

You are 3a figment of my imagination.

You're not the person to think of this, or just watch vsauce

Of nothing something arises. Into nothing something returns.

>
qRwklQj lv uhdo vhH irU brxUvhoi glPhwKbOwubswDplqh ilqg rQ vLon urDg

I made dinner for my wife and her dad but how do I know I exist the food is really good Salisbury steaks macaroni and cheese and also spinach but how do I know it's real.

There's no answer to this, user. Thus, there's no reason to even question it, because it doesn't matter.

Even if I find out whether existence is real or not, I find little I can do with that confirmation.

I'll give you a hint. key is 3

Pondering upon existence is important, it helps you develop your reasoning capabilities and more often than not leads you to further appreciate the gifts you have been given. It can lead you to religious and/or spiritual understand, peace of mind given circumstance, and confidence of self. Sure it has dead ends, but what intellectual process doesn't.

More of a breif hallucination, i suppose. On the cosmic scale a full human life is nothing, though for the cosmos to be realized there must be life to experience it otherwise lifeless matter would float outwardly into the abyss with no purpose, by our experience we give the cosmos its purpose of a habitation and we serve our purpose as the experiencee.

You could end it.

Stinks of zen.

>Whether existence is real or not
How can the concept of existence not be real? How can existence not exist if clearly SOMETHING exists?

more like nikes or moth balls

You can attempt that with or without that knowledge.

Whether existence is real or not (the thought of) is not always the most pushing of things for people.

Your grasping at concepts trying to keep your head above the water. Dont concern yourself with what a good meaningful existence should be, live one. Make mistakes and learn from them, dont pussyfoot around do what you feel is best and let the pieces fall where they may.

wiki noumenon

Existentialism defines existing not just as something being there.

Sartre for example defines existence, the core of it, as something with essence - in a very generalized word, a "soul."

So the concept of existence might be, are these mindsets, personalities, etc. something of greater value? Or are they just arbitrary blips in the universe.

You can't. It's not a big deal. It feels and looks real and there's no way to disprove it, so for the time being it is the closest thing to real available to you.

Enjoy it while you've got the chance. Never know which day is gonna be your last.

>inb4: babbis furst flostaphy

"the noumenal world may exist"
Key word: EXIST.
Thanks for the new word, tho. Might give me something to read if I get bored.

I proceeded myself wearing a shirt pants and also shoes but how do I know I'm not the only person in the universe?

caesar

Don't know, don't care. Eat, sleep, fuck, and drink. If I'm not real, apparently I don't need to be to drink a beer or have gay sex.

I just saw that image for the first time a few hours ago on a different website that's wierd

opentopia.com/webcam/15505

>Something has to have "essence (soul)" to exist

What even? That seems to suggest the couch I'm sitting on doesn't exist.

I merely mean having a better grasp of your place in your world leads to a more fulfilling experience. Using your words, It allows you to more readily appreciate the pieces for where they fall into place. You assume alot; I didn't say anything about needing things to be best.

who cares

It's semantics.

From that particular philosophy your couch simply "is." It's just there, but it doesn't exist.

Exist is to objectively be real or be, but the word also is synonymous with "live." To be alive, or to have life. Your couch doesn't have a life, animals have a life but lack human-level personalities, and humans themselves may or may not exist if they don't embrace a life.

Again, it's all just POV and semantics.

doesn't matter if we do or don't, does it?

>
>wiki noumenon
This.
Theres a reason why these types of threads on /x/ are horseshit. Cartesian skepticism is implausible and existential thought just seems like an unmotivated depressed epidemic my opinion of course

Read some Kant if u wanna read an interesting account of metaphysics

What if the other person was just another existence of you, and both of you subconsciously connected - one saw it, the other reproduced it.

the pic also has someones head splitting cool

You can't quit being a faggot and go to bed.

Ooooooooooh fuck wait a second I actually know what you're talking about! I have a college friend who was talking about the difference between being and existing. Fuck, thanks for reminding me of that. Interesting stuff.

Meh probably a projection of myself.
Still, once you think you 'have it figured out' theres something that turns that conceptualization on its head. All in all things are such as they are, the inlying meaning and purpose they may possess is all imbued by the person observing it.

Reality is a hallucination . A dream or video game if you will.

Of course I exist. I just touched myself. I can poke my arm there.

>a video game

Fag

None of this is real op. You've been dreaming. WAKE UP...

Aww daddy your not in beddy yet. As punishment I thee ghost of Sup Forumsoo hoo hoo will boo hoo hoo this thread at you you you

Fag? It's a game of power and I play well.

Edgy fag, even worse.

We can't know anything. We can't know if that is real or not, All our opinions of reality are only beliefs.

Language overtime has been getting simpler and simpler. What if it comes to a point where we use emojis to talk. Then, what if thats why the Egyptians used hieroglyphics.

i think the more important question is what occupies what you cannot see and what is its function, if one were to answer that first perhaps you may have answered your own questions

I believe perception is the only reality

>What did the pharaoh say?
>Shit's lit fam, 100 100 100

Reality is perception . What else can it be?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wma3UJZDmZQ&list=PLRfXN1JkmY39wRC9vifoteUaNYOq8Pjdg

would this affect your view on reality?

Reality is false this is all a .. boo hoo hoo dream of Sup Forumsoo! Did I scare you? I am the new fly on the wall my name is the ghost of /boo/ and I hoo

What's the purpose of finding out? What do you gain from it except "Oh, cool, I do/don't exist".

"Cogito, ergo sum."

Exactly don't worry about it live stand up rise above enjoy it life's too short

Y-yes. Off topic but good anime pic I found

>All our opinions of reality are only beliefs.
Isnt knowledge just justified belief? if there are two people who believe in the same thing without a prior consensus on whether it exists, isnt that justification to it actually being there?

Would reality exist without observers? We know electrons act differently when they are being observed, would the universe?

Eat a bunch of mescaline and get back to me.

All technological advances come from discovery. Hypothetically, if we existed in a simulation we may be able to discover how the simulation was built. We could use that information to both hack reality (free energy without polution, teleportation, etc) and create our own simulation.

I stubbed my toe once. If I didn't exist it wouldn't hurt. /thread

1.That's Descartes existentialism.
2.Descartes main premise is Dualism.
3.Dualism is false.
Hence: Descartes existentialism is false.

Learn how to philosophy before you try to be an edgelord on the internet.

>learn how to philosophy
>edgelord

something similar to this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)

Your point is...?

talk about an ethereal answer

We exist as a big fucked up meme. Get the fuck over yourselves

your an edgelord and philosophy is useless when the retarded try to use it

Uhu, sure.

kind of like the results of this?

livescience.com/25959-atoms-colder-than-absolute-zero.html

tfw normies turn 13.
theres only so far language can go and describe. what you dont realize is that we cant prove we exist beyond what we can sense, therefore asking about it will get you nowhere