04/02 - Eubank Jr vs Quinlan
10/02 - Easter Jr vs Cruz
17/02 - Jones Jr vs Gunn
18/02 - Broner vs Granados
24/02 - Bute vs Alvarez
25/02 - Cotto vs Kirkland
25/02 - Wilder vs Wawrzyk
25/02 - McDonnell vs Vargas

How do we make BOXING GREAT AGAIN? 15 rounds? bring the government in?

War Chunky.

Get some promoters and broadcasters who are actually willing to work together in the US desu.

Find a network TV model that brings in PPV-level money with widespread exposure, delegitimize alphabet titles that confuse the sport for newcomers and dilute the quality of matchups, and start marketing effectively to a younger audience and bringing in new fans.

Easy, right?

Who else really likes the Cotto vs. Kirkland fight?

I hate that it's on PPV and at a catchweight, but Alvarez vs. Kirkland was fantastic while it lasted and I don't think Cotto can be as clinical as Canelo was. I see this going 6-12 rounds and being a tear up whilst they're standing.

It's an awesome matchup on paper but I worry about Kirkland not being active and the effect that burning off that extra pound will have. If he's ready to go this'll be a great fight.

Don't care if you call me a fanboy or a groupie, I love watching Gennady Golovkin fight, I'm already hyped about Golovkin vs. Jacobs, solid undercard and the two best Middleweights in the sport.

Thank you based Loeffler.

/bet/ here

Will badou beat DeGale? Pretty good odds at the moment

Fantastic odds on a Badou Jack descision, hedge it with a DeGale win by any method.

Lomachenko will be back on April 15th on HBO.

Likely opponent is Jezreel Corrales.

That could well end up being very boring, not a great style matchup.

That footwork doe

Oh it's a boxing hipster's dream no doubt, plenty of technical work on display. Just less explosive than Loma normally is I think.

exciting action fight for sure but its should be on hbo

Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Jr. at 147lb (in London).

Who wins?

spence

>boxers doing the le tough guy persona with intimidating staredowns

Agreed. I love the fact that they're already promoting it heavily. Still months away and it already is getting promoted more than Ward/Kovalev was. And they're doing an HBO 24/7 for this, which they haven't done in a while.

Another beltholder, right? I'm ready for Lomachenko to move up again, seems like this division is too easy. He went thru Walters no problem at all

All part of the Canelo vs GGG buildup, slow and steady.

Is James Toney Jewish?

canelo - ggg won't happen

Of course it will, it makes too much sense financially for everyone involved for it not to. HBO just wants a long buildup to milk it as much as possible, and Canelo wants to wait so he has a better chance of winning, but it'll definitely happen.

>less weight classes (7 max)
>less belts (WBA, WBC and Ring are the only ones that matter)
>15 round championship fights
>year round olympic-style drug testing is mandatory for all ranked professionals
>lengthy bans for fighters that rely on PEDs
>3 weigh-ins before fight (day before fight, morning of the fight and week before the fight. not allowed to gain/lose more than 10lbs in any)
>find a way to force top fighters to face each other
>lenghty bans for judges with ridiculously lopsided scorecards

A few of my ideas, though there's no reason to implement them because anyone with the power to change it is too rich to care.

Brook

chunky is a melt pass it on

The IBF is a far, far better body than the WBA these days. It's fairer than the WBC too, just with far less historical prestige. Fuck the WBA.

you are too optimistic, you should always think negative

if Canelo really waits for him to get old, golovkin won't fight him BECAUSE he's too old..

>tfw to intelligent too watch Mexican boxing

Just fuck my fundamentals up family

His frame and physique is perfect for 130 lbs though. At 135 lbs he'll already be past his best, like Mayweather at 147 lbs

I'd like to see him fully unify super feather

>less weight classes (7 max)

Would lead to talented fighters being stuck between weights and never fulfilling their potential. I see it happen sometimes in amateur boxing, which has 10 divisions. 12 would be the sweet spot for me

>less belts (WBA, WBC and Ring are the only ones that matter)

There should only be one

>15 round championship fights

This was actually changed because 15 round fights were boring, since the fighters had to pace themselves much more economically

>year round olympic-style drug testing is mandatory for all ranked professionals
>lengthy bans for fighters that rely on PEDs

Either that or just stop fighting science and legalise and regulate them instead

>3 weigh-ins before fight (day before fight, morning of the fight and week before the fight. not allowed to gain/lose more than 10lbs in any)

I had the idea that they should be weighed in the dressing room immediately before a fight and eliminate weight cutting altogether

>find a way to force top fighters to face each other

A single sanctioning body should do the trick in 99 out of 100 scenarios

>lenghty bans for judges with ridiculously lopsided scorecards

Definitely. I also think that judges should distinguish between "clear rounds" and "close rounds". It seems silly to have a 10-point must system and only ever give 10-9s unless there's a knockdown. And pro boxing could also follow the amateurs and use five judges instead of three

Mexican boxers are probably the best schooled in the world. A random Mexican journeyman is almost always superior to a random journeyman of any other nationality. The base level is higher over there

>ah yes, I hold the famed cuban school of boxing in high regard

>Lara was robbed against Canelo

>Mexican intellectuals

Mexican journeyman are just more resilient and can take more punishment before dying in their 50's. I can find you any Tijuana washing machine salesman and he'll take a beating for a cheque.

The Cubans are not exclusively fancy dans though. Look at Arlen Lopez and Robeisy Ramirez, these two would absolutely dominate the pros if they made the switch

Also Teofilo Stevenson, the GOAT Cuban, used to knock people the fuck out too

Nah they all have excellent form and are about the only people who know how to fight on the inside any more

>*tips headgear*

>Ah yes, I compare amature boxers to pro boxers

>running around the ring is a valid form of neutralising the opponent's power

Golovkin will fight him because it'll be a paypacket to match all his previous ones put together. It's like the MayPac situation all over again, it may take a while and not be as good a fight as it could have been but it'll certainly happen imo

There is a way of making these posts which actually promotes discussion rather than being boring low effort greentexts with fedora images you know.

You should've just ignored the shitposter. Now more fedoras are gonna pop up in the thread
unless you're the shitposter who just pulled some master judo shit and fooled me

Will do next time Tbh, did consider it. Just that some of the things he mentions wouldn't be 100% awful if he didn't post them in such a lazy way.

Golovkin won't fight him because he can make more money by waiting. If the Jacobs fight does close to or better than Canelo/Smith in ppv sales then he has more power to argue for a better split

How much of a chance does Jacobs have against GGG?

Zero, the fight will be over inside six rounds as Jacobs is chinny

Shawn Porter vs. Andre Berto rumoured to be coming up.

Porter has been desperate for a fight recently, I think this is fair considering the circumstances.

>it's just a coincidence that the best pros were top amateurs 90% of the time

Lads have u seen the new prospect Golden Boy just signed?

Also what's the chances Manny v Horn is actually in Aus? I have a feeling our government will pussy out and the Arabs will take it

t. white boi

Jacobs gonna counter that robotic east euro.

Too black, too slick for lil G

They'll do it because it's close to the Philippines and could be profitable due to a fighter ibeing Australian. This shit fight won't sell in the States

Or Jacobs will end up like Brook and walk around with a broken eye for a couple of months.

Brook was robbed against lil g cuz he black

Was Calzaghe just too slick a bruvva for African-Americans? Or was it something else?

I don't want it here, it'll be embarrassing.

t. Dontae

calslappy robbed b-hop

Tough shit for Brook. He should get gud.

Yeah of his manhood lel

>calslappy robbed b-hop

Is Ann Wolfe the biggest meme-trainer in boxing right now?

Kill PPV model, consolidate belts, have subscription based model similar to WWE network where you pay like 10 bucks a month for everything including weekly cards and big fights once every month.

First promoter to get something like this going will win big. Boxing is too fragmented right now and needs some consolidation

up there with roach

how does the WWE network function? is it wrestling 24/7 in between regular shows?

Get more white boxers

>Conor vs Floyd
>4oz gloves
>only punching allowed
>clinching allowed and not broken up
>no takedowns, kicks, knees or elbows
who wins?

most stupid question ever, congratulations my friend, you're almost as dumb as me

Mostly on demand content. They have original programming that is ancillary to their main content. You get all the big shows live. They knew that asking people to pay 50 bucks for a ppv wasn't really a good proposition anymore

You need to accept Conor in your life my friend.

Top Rank could do something like this. They have already made a PPV, plus with all the fights and highlights of Crawford, Loma, Pac, and some prospects, it could get off the ground.
But who are we kidding, boxing has always been about big money in spurts, not a stable income.

Yeah it's top heavy, needs to change. A bunch of guys making 300K instead of 3 guys making millions per year with great fights on every week would give the sport a real chance to grow

Is Conor good? I'm not memeing. Can he box?

>Can he box?
nah, not really
not in a pure boxing sense

Porter has been trying to get this made for a while. Idk what happened, I thought Berto was supposed to be fighting Algeri

Holy shit. They are full of openings. Anyway, Conor have a pretty good reach.

Get Al Haymon on the phone

Yeah, that's one of his biggest assets
He's around 5'9 and has a 74 inch reach

WBA is the worst. They have 2 "Champions" per weight class. Their ranking system is fucked. How is Shannon Briggs fighting Fres Oquendo for a world title?

I love LETS GO CHAMP, but he hasn't fought anyone ranked in years.

It's honestly hard to decide who the worse contender is out of the two which says something. Honestly is the worst world heavyweight title fight in history, I feel comfortable saying that.

Is there a worse standard weight class than 140? Crawford aside it's really really bad quality group of fighters.

PPV model isn't bad, but 70 bucks for a PPV is ridiculous.

If we did it like the brits where they charge 15-25 for a PPV id be fine with that.

Why is Floyd ducking McGregor?

Heavyweight, only 2 geniunely class boxers, one of whom is about to retire and the other a massive cokehead who weighs about the same as the empire state

for

i like the heavyweight division, it's look pretty stacked to me.

wouldn't be top 150 in any weight class

It's fun, and I enjoy watching it, but nobody can box. It's literally just who can use the most roids to make them as strong powerful and sturdy as possible aside from Fury and Wlad (arguably Haye, but he isn't really a heavyweigt so doesn't count in my book). Not exactly the "sweet science"

povetkin is p technical, moreso than fury or wlad.

Watch your mouth when you slander Dillon "The Body Snatcher" Whyte.

Povetkin is also a roiding cheater who looks terrible when he's not allowed to do so like he did against Huck.

add hugie fury to list of pure poxers in heavy weights. Biggest poster boy for roid user is AJ

"sweet science" is boring tbqh klitschko bores the tits off me as does Fury. AJ is edge of the seat boxing.

You asked which division had the worst boxers and I told you. If you want to see incredibly fun, low quality boxing then just watch any given British title fight, they're almost always brilliant to watch. That doesn't make them good boxers or make their division any stronger though.

fury tested positive as well, and so did vitali

Didn't Fury test positive for cocaine?

>you asked which division had the worst boxers
no i didn't

nandrolone