Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PyBoJ4zo3mU
youtube.com/watch?v=XCFPwbt6uzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This may be the worst rock band ever.

No, they're THE BEST

they only exist as a stepping stone for normies that want to go to better rock

THE BEST

If Kurt never died would Nirvana have progressed towards a Foo Fighters-esque sound?

THE GEST

>would nirvana start sounding like bands who were influenced by nirvana?
it happens a lot

they would be more like Melvins or Earth

Cobain liked a couple of Grohl's songs (Alone and Easy Target was one of them from memory). Not sure if Nirvana would have gone fully in that direction but I think we might have seen the other band members get some input like they did with Scentless Apprentice.

I'd imagine Grohl would have put out some of his own stuff on the side anyhow like that Pocketwatch tape (some of which was very good, Milk is such a brilliant track desu)

Not a chance.
Dave Grohl is the antithesis of Cobain.

Cobain was raw, authentic and somewhat original. He was an artist, there is no question.

Grohl is a fucking hack. Perhaps the most successful hack on the planet. His music sounds like Avril Lavrigne. He claims to be "rock and roll" but he's the fucking opposite of it. He is everything wrong with guitar based music, and probably the reason it's dead/dying.

Cobain didn't even like Grohl, and he was in the same fucking band as the guy. I don't think Krist does either.

Wrong. There is an interview on YouTube where Kurt insults Grohls song, realises what he just said, and then kind of-sort of attempts to recover and say "it turned out alright", lmao

Cobain hated grohl

>Cobain didn't even like Grohl
Sawse?

he literally was thanking grohl for helping him write a song

do you have autism, you cant read people at all

Can't be bothered finding it, to be honest with you. But I think it was in his journals, and Courtney claimed he did as well, I believe. I think it was well known that Grohl was pretty much just there to fill a space.

Also, just in general from watching interviews, you can kind of see it. Even now with Krist, he looks like he is embarrassed whenever Grohl speaks.

And just in general, they are clashing personalities due to the reasons I mentioned above. Cobain wasn't necessarily stupid, I think he was probably a good judge of character (inb4 wife murdered him), Him and Krist were very much alike, Grohl not so much.

Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are the Avril Lavgine of rock music.

You're wrong but alright, whatever

I just googled "Kurt hated Grohl" and there is quite a few articles and forum posts about such so I can believe it.

I hate butt rock

youtube.com/watch?v=PyBoJ4zo3mU

ALRIGHT

Probably not. Kurt seemed to have been moving in quite a few directions musically when he died. I think there's a few ways they could've gone (back to the Bleach sound, more experimental, more acoustic based) but I don't think they would've gone the Foo route. I think it's more likely that Dave would've done the Foo album by himself anyway, gotten success with that and maybe focus fulltime on the with Nirvana having another drummer, but it's all speculation anyway.
>David Gest is dead
Still feels weird desu

that was the video i was referring to.

he literally called it "bone head-ish", and then realised he insulted him. watch his face and choice of words, and body language.

i am no expert, but i know confrontation and resentment when i see it, and digust

have you heard the song? it is very boneheadish even in its final form. I mean that song is literally one chord, thats boneheadish even by nirvanas standards.

hes literally just explaining how they wrote the song, i dont understand how you can extract that cobain hated him from that

it's not just that, but other things i've read over the years, and his journals, etc

and just overall how they interacted, etc.

Krist was Kurts best friend, you can literally see how in tune they are

Grohl is an embarrassment regardless

Remember that time Foo Fighters were HIV/AIDS denialists?
youtube.com/watch?v=XCFPwbt6uzA

Isn't it pretty well noted that Kurt was never satisfied with any of the drummers in Nirvana, let alone Grohl? I think even Grohl himself thought Kurt didn't like him because he felt intimidated by Kurt and his talent.

i mean i can understand them being annoyed at eachother because thats a common thing for bandmates and friends in general, but i wouldnt say they had hatred for eachother. I honestly dont see how that video is anything but praise for grohl and the other band members. The only reason it has people in the comment section arguing over this shit is because the clickbait title of the video that takes the interview out of context desu

did grohl kick your dog?

You fail to understand that this video wasn't the basis for my belief.
Do some research if you're interested and want to know.
You sound like, 17 years old though. Very naive understanding of shit. Often times band mates absolutely hate each other. It's not uncommon.

Grohl is everything Kurt stood in opposition of.

No, I just recognise him for the fraud that he is. The Avril Lavinge or rock music! Him, and his ilk are the reason rock music is dead/dying, as I said.

Watch 10 minutes of Grohl playing at Glastonbury just a few days ago. You'll come to agree

the hatred for grohl is a rumour that courtney spread in one of her drug induced grudges

I think she tells some truth in those drug induced outburts

I think she also hates Grohl too

Everybody hates Grohl, except this guy

He sells out stadiums
Someone is buying those records

>Dave Grohl is the antithesis of Cobain.
>Cobain was raw, authentic and somewhat original
Oh do you know them personally?

>Do some research if you're interested
Not how it works.

Remember, it's not true if you can't prove it. Back up your claims with fact or fuck off please

I'm talking about their music. And the artist and the art are one. You can gauge an artists personality (at least some of it) by the art they produce. It is an extension of them, at the deepest level.

So yes, I feel like I know their creative output enough to make an educated guess that they were polar opposites in terms of vision, amongst other things.

>Not how it works
I don't give a fuck for your "le not an argument", this isn't an argument, retard.
If YOU want to find out more about something that probably interests you, then go and fucking do it. I'm not going to hold your hand, and I don't give a single fuck if you remain ignorant until the day you die. You want a source? Go fucking find one then. And if not? Well then, go and watch another pseudo-intellectual internet """""philosophy"""" channel

>I'm talking about their music.
OK, so you make a claim that one is more authentic than the other?

I repeat: do you know them perosnally?
>You can gauge an artists personality (at least some of it) by the art they produce. It is an extension of them, at the deepest level.
What have you gauged from Grohl, other than he's technically a better musician than Cobain and a more successful artist?
>If YOU want to find out more about something that probably interests you
Yes, your shitty, immature opinion interests me. So explain it.

the only thing i can find is kurt getting pissy because dave dosent play drums like the melvins

just a junky getting upset over stupid shit, probably drug induced

>so you make a claim that one is more authentic than the other?
Yes, and if you can't, then you're fucking stupid. Listen to any Nirvana album and then put a Foo Fighters record on. You'd have to be fucking mentally damaged

>What have you gauged from Grohl, other than he's technically a better musician than Cobain and a more successful artist?
LMAO

I think the big issue with the "Kurt hated Dave" thing is that Kurt was diagnosed bipolar. One of the things that often happens with people who are bipolar is they have major changes in their relationships and views of other people. It's really not impossible to think that Kurt at times was friendly and chummy with Dave and then at other times hated his guts. I think if Kurt really, really disliked Dave he would have just kicked him out of the band. They'd kicked other drummers out when they stopped getting along with them, so why wouldn't they have done with Dave other than because they generally got along well enough?

>self evidence is a good evidence!

Not really. Stop posting if you have nothing of substance to say

Grohl is fine, and you can't prove otherwise.

I think they would have had they not blown up literally just as Grohl joined. But we'll never know now.

>Grohl is fine
Lmao, get a load of this guy

There's never been a rock-off he's ever lost.

hes making pop rock for normies to have fun, give him a break

No, he's destroying guitar based music and giving the impression to non-musicians and laymen that "rock music" sounds like Avril Lavigne

He's worse than aids and famine

You are destroying music criticism and giving the impression to non-musicians and laymen that "rock music" sounds like Avril Lavigne

>non-musicians
Oh what instrument do you play?

About 30, faggot

How many bands have you played in?

Name them

Foo Fighters are fucking comfy and they're great for people wanting to get into rock. Along with Nirvana and RHCP they were one of my gateway bands when I was 11/12 years old.

I don't give a shit if you think they're buttrock, their self titled debut, The Colour And The Shape and Wasting Light are all genuinely great albums.

2, difficult to find like minded people who share similar vision (profound vision, of course)
Your mom's cunt and several other orifices

WHEN I WAS

>difficult to find like minded people
Who are as closed and small minded as you?

I don't believe it.

pls no

Are you the same bloke that was arguing with people about Liam Gallagher co-writing Don't Look Back in Anger the other day?

foofighters are cringey yes, but theyre honestly no different then other shitty poprock like journey, motley crue, aerosmith. they have an important niche in that they get people interested in rock music

>Close minded
Alright lad, that'll do from you. We've heard enough for a lifetime

I don't know

I bet he is

>Music I don't like is bad and is killing rock music but I can't explain why!!!
I can't believe you can't locate any bandmates, I wonder why?

Oh yeah, I remember reading that thread. Not that guy, but Liam definitely co-wrote 'Don't Look Back In Anger', you know the one... with the recognisable chorus, "So Sally can wait", (great line too) or something like that. And to think! Plebs were actually denying this well known fact.

Who knows what is up with folks these days, eh?

Hang on, you've lost me... Foo Fighters isn't music mate

Why isn't it?
Look up the actual copyright listing. Liam is not credited, with makes it unlikely he wrote it.

He did write it, both Noel and Liam have openly stated this. Run along plebeian.

You're a Foo Fighters fan. If you had the last kidney on earth and I needed a transplant or I'd die a slow and agonising death imminently, I'd refuse it and spit at the nurse

>He did write it
The song? No. A series of four words used as inspiration? yes. learn the difference
>You're a Foo Fighters fan
Quote me where I said I liked Foo Fighters?

>The song? No. A series of four words used as inspiration? yes. learn the difference
That's not how co-writing works, buddy

And you love the Foo Fighters even if you don't know it. They're right down your alley laddy

>Cobain
>original
>even somewhat

>Being this much of a pleb
There is no way you can deny it without just being a poser

Cobain was great, overrated still, but great nonetheless.

>That's not how co-writing works
You mean an agreement between two parties who claimed ownership of the song, who then officially registered the song accordingly?

There was only one, and it was Noel.
>And you love the Foo Fighters even if you don't know it. They're right down your alley laddy
Quote me where I stated any band that I like.

I'm not arguing whether he was great or not, I'm arguing the fact that the user called him "original" when all he did was regurgitate ideas and song structures from Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, and Sonic Youth only worse.

I like your mum's flesh band around my japs eye

Nah, is right. Cobain was very talented, but he was the type of talented where he was very good at building off other people's ideas. Nothing wrong with that, but Nirvana made no great leaps in musicality other than to bring pre-existing musical ideas into the mainstream.

No, he was original. You just don't understand how music works, because you're a pleb poser.

Do you even play an instrument?

No, you just don't understand the nature of music.
There is nothing under the sun, that hasn't been done. It's all about dancing in between, and upon, those fine lines.

>my japs eye
Opinion discarded

>regurgitate ideas and song structures from Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, and Sonic Youth
only ideas and lyrical themes
he got song his structure and meolody from new wave pop. and he did a great job at that.

Kurt was going to start playing quiet, more probably orchestral stringed shit. the angst bullshit was so old even by 1994 that he was clearly sick of it and wanted to do something mature. it's too fucking bad, because some of the last things he did sounded really neat. a whole album from kurt where he just said fuck off to grohl and krist and made his 100% own thing without any pressures, no touring or fucking anything, took as long as he wanted etc, that shit would have been so cool, and he could have left the bullshit angst stuff behind him and settled down into his 30s at least for a bit.

grohl is fucking garbage. putting him on the same list as cobain, that's a fucking joke. kurt didn't like grohl at all. he thought grohl was a fucking idiot and trying to control things he had no right to. keep in mind, grohl was no friend of cobain, he came late when nirvana already released a full album. he was just another drummer, and really still is. you could even say krist wasn't kurts friend, since krist wouldn't even join his band until he begged forever. i'm pretty sure kurt was in reality friendless.

What original music idea did Cobain have?

What did he contribute to that genre of music that other artists hadn't previously done then?

>grohl is fucking garbage. putting him on the same list as cobain, that's a fucking joke. kurt didn't like grohl at all. he thought grohl was a fucking idiot and trying to control things he had no right to. keep in mind, grohl was no friend of cobain, he came late when nirvana already released a full album. he was just another drummer, and really still is. you could even say krist wasn't kurts friend, since krist wouldn't even join his band until he begged forever. i'm pretty sure kurt was in reality friendless.
Pretty much all of this is wrong, revisionist anti-Grohl history

>krist wouldn't even join his band until he begged forever.
sauce?

Right on. You get it.

Many things. Just take a look at how many cite him as an influence, for a start.

Listen to the discography again and pay attention this time. I'm no fan of Nirvana either, not massively anyway.
Cobain was genuinely a talented musician, despite the hype, and the bullshit with the suicide, and the bullshit with it being trendy to dig Nirvana now, etc.

>Many things
Then it should be no problem for you to list three.

Go ahead Mr I'm Totally a Musician Guy

>Just take a look at how many cite him as an influence, for a start.
He wasn't the first musician to be cited as influential to other musicians. Sorry. Try again.

I don't have the energy for you

You play with fire, you get burnt, faggot

/thread

*still waiting*

Based on the fact that the rest of the block of text in wrong, I'd say there is no source.

He might be wrong with the Krist thing, but he's right on everything else. Grohl is a faggot

he may be a faggot but he honestly did nothing wrong. kurt and courtney are just drug addicts

He did everything wrong
He is wrong
He's not fit to be a musician

To add: He wouldn't be one right now had it not been for Kurt

>but he's right on everything else
Not really. Almost everything in that post was wrong.

I don't care that you don't like Dave Grohl, just don't change facts to bash him

He was already a musician and songwriter before Nirvana though