Autism Test:

Autism Test:

>Question 1: A cup of water costs $1.50 in total. The water costs $1.00 more than the cup. How much does the cup cost?

>Question 2: If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

>Question 3: In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

People who get these questions right tend to be more atheistic, and people who answer them wrong tend to be more religious, so:

>Question 4: Are you religious?

Don't be faggots and look up the answers.

25cents
5 mins
47 days
No

$0.25

5 min

47 days

No

50 sents
100 minutes
No I'm an atheist

1 out of 4 is not too bad.

The bait is shit-tier, though

Correct
Autistic

You didn't need to tell me I'd got your junior-level quiz right - I knew that anyway.

1.) $0.25
2.) 5 minutes
3.) 47 days

4. )also no

1 25 cents
2 5 mins
3 47
4 fuck no

$0.25.
5min.
47 days.
Nah.

1. 50 cents

2. 20 minutes

3. 24 days

Not necessarily

I got 50 cents for the first one, at first, but I figured out why I was wrong. Does that count?

>Not necessarily
>Get's all the questions wrong

Holy shit, there is a real correlation. No offence.

$0.25
Assuming perfect scalability, 5 minutes. But in the real world, more than 5 minutes.
47 days
No

>autism test
>continues with an atheist/theist followup

I may be autistic, because this bothers me.

Also no need to look up the answers when the first reply answers them all correctly.

25 cents
5 minutes
47 days
No

how the fuck is it 25 cents are you guys retarded?

>figured out why I was wrong.
Because you didn't comprehend the question at first?

Why the fuck is it 25c

someone explain to diagnosed autist

No, because you only figured out why you were wrong after you got the right answer from someone else.

The whole thing is about intuition vs logic. You answered intuitively, and got it wrong.

1: 0,25
2: 5 mins
3: 47 days

hells to the no

>costs a dollar more than the cup
If the cup cost nothing, the total would be 1.00, which is not correct.

If the cup cost .50, the water would cost 1.50, totaling at 2.00

Do you get where I'm going with this?

5 minutes
47 days
only if I need to be for my job

Its 25 cents cause tax

It's $1.50 total. If the water is $1 MORE than the cup, that means the cup is $.25, and the water is $1.25.

The water, therefore, is $1.00 MORE than the cup, but the total is still $1.50.

Do you molest boys for a living?

Fair enough.

Lol

Seriously what's with these sophomoric questions

hmmm

Question 1: The cup costs negative fifty cents

Question 2: 100 machines would make 100 widgets in an undetermined amount of time, we would have to test it first.

Question 3: It would take 45 minutes to cover half of the lake because that is the correct answer, because i have a decree in science

Question 4: religion is the folly of fools, faith is the true hope of kings

I was confused on the first question being .25 because where i live its illegal to tax water unless you buy it in bottled form. I was unaware this is different in other places.

hey dubsboi, ignorance of the law does not make it ok to nigger the law

1m - 1machine 1 minute to make 1 widget, you dont know if there is a speedy machine and the rest are slow, so i pick the speedy machine to cut time

25 cent, 5 minutes, 47 days. no.

Oh, your bait is right.
5/7

You'd be surprised how many people get these questions wrong.

I've asked some of my friends and family these exact 3 questions. I've asked maybe 10 of them so far, and only one so far got one question right. Not even all three.

It's fucking wierd.

Oh my god I'm fucking retarded

1. 50 cents
2. 500 minutes
3. 24 days
y'all dumb

how about the religiousity?

5 minutes
47 days
No

1. 50c
2. 5mins
3. 47 days
4. No

alllllmost correct.
3 out of 4 is good, though.

>$0.50
>5 Minutes
>24
>No

Am I retarded?

1: $1.25
2: 5 minutes
3: 47 days
4: no, I am an agnostic (though basically atheist)

Damn i got the first one wrong. But after going back knowing the correct answer i made sense of it. Fuck. Dissappointed.

I got the the next 2 correct.

I dont believe the big bang theory.

I messed up, of course the water is $1.25 but you asked about the cup. *hangs head in shame*

Not that guy but the question said "a cup of water" which could be interpreted as the cup itself instead of a measurement.

So if it cost $1.50 total, and the water is $1 more than the cup it means the cup is $.50, thus totalling $1.50

At any rate I got the rest right, not religious

I have some bad news for you user...

$0,50
5min
dk

0.10 because we need to make profits
10 min, because at least one of the machines won't work and we'll need to wait for the next batch
46 or 47 because the 47th day could be like 3/4 of the lake covered

And why the hell do you care about religion?

Wrong. The cup is 25¢ because if cup=c and water=w then w=c+1.00 so if c+w=1.50 if we say that the cup is 50¢ then that means w=1.50 and then c+w=2.00 but if c= .25 instead then w=1.25 then c+w=1.50

5 mins
no

Show your work fags
how would you solve it without words.

w+c=1.25
(w+1.00)+c=1.25

It isn't weird. They're like those retarded riddles, every question has specific wording intened to be looked over the first time you read it. Like when highschool kids try to act smarter than everyone by spouting stupid riddles.
>>what has no weight, can be seen by the naked eye, and if you put it in a barrel, it make the barrel lighter

>1
0.25, because the cup is worth 1.50, but the water costs 1.00 more. The only way for that to be possible is if the cup cost .25, and the water costs 1.25.

>2
If there are 5 machines that can make 5 objects in 5 minutes, that means each machine takes a minute to make 5 objects. If the number of machines matches the number of objects being made, then 100 machines making 100 objects is the same as 5 machines making 5 objects; the mean time is 5 minutes if the ratio between machine and object is 1:1.

>3
You don't even need to know how much a patch is. The question says that the lake is full on day 48, so the last possible day it could cover half the lake is 47. If it is covering half the lake at 47 days, and it doubles, it will cover the entire lake. Because a half and a half make a whole.

>4
Agnostic naturalistic pantheist.

25 cents
5 mins
47 days
no

Correct answers:
$0.25
5 minutes
47 days
yeah a little bit

Answers my autism wants me to say:
>a cup of water doesn't cost $1.25, false premise
>don't know how the machines operate, if fully automated then sure ~5 minutes. but if there is some step in the process that requires a human to do something then it'll take significantly longer
>lily patches wouldn't double in size every day, and there will be a point where the environment can't support such rapid growth. and they'd never cover the entire lake
>no

>to make 5 objects
Meant to type make an object, not 5 objects.

IT IS 50 CENTS

Cup of water is $1.50

We known water costs $1.00 more than the cup.

So if the cup is 0.50$

1.00 + 0.50 = $1.50

you retards

WRONG

The water costs $1.00 more. Not $1.25 more.

>But in the real world, more than 5 minutes.
Autistic.

1: 25 cents
2: 5 minutes
3. 47 days
4. Not really, but fedoratheism is pure cancer.

1. here's $3, don't fuck up the change
2. don't give a fuck, i just want my widget
3. fuck the lily pads, where's the frogs?
4. no, i'm white

If the water costs 1.00 more than the cup, but the total amount is 1.50, where did the 0.50 come from?

It can't come from the cup, because if it did, that would turn into
>0.50 + 1.00 more than 0.50
>0.50 + 1.50
>2.00

>>>what has no weight, can be seen by the naked eye, and if you put it in a barrel, it make the barrel lighter
Fire.

ok
W+C=1.5
W=1.00+C
1.00+C+C=1.50
2C=50c
C=25

a hole

50 cent the rapper
100 minutes because the manufacturers were autistic
0 because there were no lily pads, we were talking about a girl named lily who uses padding.
No.

>i pick the speedy machine to cut time

Why not also then get a cheaper cup for the water, and plant nutrients for the lily pads to spread faster?

Water: $1.00
Cup: $0.50
Total: $1.50

gosh you are so stupid

fuck nutrients and fuck lily pads just put a fuckton of detergent in the lake and watch the algae grow

The real autism test is that Atheism is a religion

Anyone who said "no" to question 4 on the basis of being atheist is confirmed autistic, you've all fallen for the meme.

$1+2x=$1.50
2x=$.5
x=$.25

No, the water is 1.00 more than the cup. The water is 1.00 + cup. If the cup is 0.50, then 1.00 more than 0.50 is 1.50. And 1.50 + 0.50 is 2.00.

>The water costs $1.00 more than the cup

Why are you people saying 5 minutes? It took 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets...meaning, if they were all running at the same time, each machine take a 5 minutes to make one goddamn widget

$1.25 + .25 = $1.50
$1.25 is $1 more than .25
>Autist confirmed

1. 0.25
2. 5min
3. 47
4. No.
did i do good?

1. meh something that isnt obvious, i dont really care to spend time to think about this

2. see 1), who cares

3. see 2) and 1), who cares

4. nah

did i win?
tfw only autists actually bother to think about these questions

I got it wrong too

Yes, each machine takes 5 minutes to make one goddamn widget. So you would have each machine making each widget. 1 machine to 1 widget, and that takes 5 minutes. 2 machines to 2 widgets would take 5 minutes. 100 machines to 100 widgets is still 5 minutes.

Yes, user.

1. 25 cents
2. 5 minutes
3. 47 days
4. Yes

Holy shit I'm autistic

Thanks

Right, 5 machines, 5 widgets, 5 minutes. 1 machine, 1 widget, 5 minutes. 100 machines, 100 widgets, 5 minutes

Yeah I just realized I'm retarded. Thanks for the reply

If each machine takes 5 minutes to make one widget, then it doesn't matter how many machines there are. 100 machines each take 5 minutes to make their widgets. It would take 5 minutes for 40 machines to make 40 widgets, or 5 minutes for 70982 machines to make 70982 widgets.

Not sure if bait or just stupid

>$1.00 MORE than the cup

"the water cost $1.00 more than the cup"

you have clearly stated tha the water is $1 and the cup is 50c. meaning that the water is only 50c more than the cup.

it is you who are the stupid one.

The water complimentary in all restaurants. The minimum charge is $1.50 for being served. Remember to tit your waitress.

See

Aside from any of the other retarded things you said;
>46 or 47 because the 47th day could be like 3/4 of the lake covered

On day 46 the lake will always be less than half covered, otherwise it would double to 100% on day 47.
You could have D46: 49%
D47: 98%
D48: 100%

Still makes it less than half.

5min
No
(Not atheist just don't give a damn about practicing religion period)

You must enjoy cleaning toilets. Y'know, not having to think about anything. Ever.

Atheism can't be a religion, but secularism can. Atheism itself isn't blind faith, simply the lack thereof. You can pervert it, but then it's just brands of autism.

I'm already confirmed for being retarded kthanksbai

Cause atheist tend to be more inclined towards critical thinking, basically they have the ability to shut down certain cognitive biases which normally would interfere with the thought process.

>analyzing hypothetical word problems for their respective levels of realism

Autism, plain and simple

doesn't the machine one depends on some more explanation? I mean, for me with that question both 5min and 100min could still be correct
>1 machine make a thingy in 5 minutes
>5 machines make a thingy in 1 minute

X + (X + $1) = $1.50 -> 2X = $0.50 -> X = $0.25, meaning the cup costs $1.25, exactly $1.00 more.

By this it means it takes 1 machine 5 minutes to make 1 widget. Therefore it takes 100 machines 5 minutes to make 100 widgets.

If the patch doubles in size and takes 48 days to cover the whole pond, half of that is 47 days.

Not religious, although I understand the instinctive need humans have for ritual and defined meaning.

actually that would also be wrong, it would be either 5 minutes or 1.66666666667 seconds to make 1 or 166.666666667 seconds to make 100

You have the right intentions, but it's simpler than that.

5 machines take 5 minutes to make 5 widgets. Common sense at the very least says that one machine won't make more than 1 widget at once. So, the only logical conclusion is that each machine makes each widget. If there are 5 machines each, making 5 widgets per machine each, then according to the question, this takes 5 minutes.

If you break it down, you can "look" at one machine making 1 widget while the other 4 make theirs. And if you do that, you will find that they all finish making their widget at the same time. Why? Because the question says that they, together, make 5 widgets in 5 minutes. But they can't make more than one widget at a time via common sense (and it wasn't stated otherwise), so the only way that would be possible is if they, all of the machines, could make 1 widget in 5 minutes. Their maximum operation speed while making a widget is 5 minutes. This cannot be changed. What can be changed is how long it takes for them to make x widgets. If a machine needed to make 2 widgets for itself, not in total with the other machines, it would take 10 minutes. Because it would take 5 minutes to make 1 widget.

And if this is in fact the case, you'd need 5 machines to make 5 widgets, and together they would all take 5 minutes, side by side. So as long as the ratio, the balance between the number of machines and widgets is equal, then it will always take 5 minutes. 100 machines making 100 widgets is like 1 machine making 1 widget.