How sad is it that the lego game explains more of the backstory than the movie?

How sad is it that the lego game explains more of the backstory than the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hXCiIcGfm4g
youtube.com/watch?v=qB3G2hkn278
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one cares you reddit fucking shit

the game actually explains Lor San Tekka, c3po's arm, and some other details that JJ couldn't be bothered with because he was too busy showing off "le third death star xD"

maybe its cause movies are usually about whats happening in the present

This was my first taste of vidyakino

I would rather they have dialogue explaining the story rather than another fucking death star

No this is serious. OP is right.

The game literally explains a ton more that the movie does not

People like you is why we can't have good movies anymore.

People like you is why they cut movies like Suicide Squad down so much

Because movie is 1 hour 30 mins-2 hours while a game is like 8 hours + at least

Also the movie already told the story so the game had no choice but to add shit to that story that we didn't already see in the movie

So whats with the arm?

a two hour sequel can still be coherent and without plot holes that are explained by comic books and video games

>Because movie is 1 hour 30 mins-2 hours while a game is like 8 hours + at least
Nigga are you playin me?

You saying that JJ couldn't spend 1 minute to explain the red arm and many other things?

Apparently the movie had an extra 30 minutes of deleted scenes that were cut out.

More deleted scenes are going to be released later this year

oh i didnt know i was a screenplay writer, producer, and director. im just saying, usually movies are about whats currently happening, not what they should be

10/10

JJ Abrams had to use that 1 hour 30 mins or whatever to show you the movie you were watching.. who cares about the fucking red arm on C3PO honestly? It's not a fucking plot hole that a robot shows up with a red arm.

Also the movie was not very good

but you also need to keep in mind that this is a sequel to a huge franchise. People WANT to know what happened to their favorite characters, not barely show most of them because you're more focused on the rehash plot

who the fuck cares about the red arm

seriously how fucking autistic are you that you needed a detailed explanation for why C3PO, who's in the movie for about two minutes, had a new arm?

I'm sorry the movie wasn't a string of wookiepedia articles that droned on exposition about the political state of the galaxy and EXACTLY what the characters were doing for the past 30 years

The movie was nearly 2 and a half hours. Instead of forced references to the OT (while completely ignoring the PT) they could have developed the story more.

>usually movies are about whats currently happening, not what they should be
So you haven't heard of flashbacks, first act which sets up the events of the movie?

One of the most important parts of a movie is the settings, why the characters are there, what is going on, why is this happening etc.

Force Awakens feels like an imcomplete movie to me with how much was left out such as not showing Luke at his training temple, Kylo being seduced by Snoke and then going on a rampage and killing all the Jedi as Luke flees.

Sure they didn't have to show all the temple flashback BUT at least explain to the audience with WHY Kylo turned to the dark side.

TFA does not explain why. But if you read TFA novelization: it does explain it.

The novelization also explains how Rey can fly the Falcon.

Does the movie explain this? NO IT DOES NOT. JJ messed up this movie

>even lego boyega is sweating

What.

>The movie was nearly 2 and a half hours
It felt like a 95 minute action movie.

It did not feel like 2 hours at all.

If JJ seriously thinks that the audience is going to get bored with more backstory and explanation than he has to be an idiot to cut his film down so much where every 10 minutes there is an action scene because he is afraid the audience will get bored

THIS

I bet you're the kind of faggot who enjoys the prequels because of MUH WORLDBUILDING, or at least thinks the politics were a great part of a shit movie because they EXPANDED THE UNIVERSE

>Also the movie was not very good
No it was almost perfect.

>First Act with Finn
10/10 perfect. BUT Why did JJ have to cut out the scene when Finn sees a frightened villager and he decides to not shoot?

THAT IS IMPORTANT TO HIS CHARACTER ARC!

Why JJ do you cut this scene out?

Why did you cut out the scene of Kylo searching the falcon? That was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=hXCiIcGfm4g

Are you seriously defending JJ's watered down cut?

You might as well call WB's edit of Suicide Squad the best because the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad and JJ's Force Awakens cut have so much in common with a lot of important scenes left out and a lot not explained

because those scenes are useless and disrupt the flow of the movie

we already understand fine that Finn doesn't want to kill innocent people when we see him not fire his blaster when ordered to

>unironically discussing star shit

I liked this deleted scene. It would have been really fun to have seen this in the cinema. But of course JJ had to cut it out...

youtube.com/watch?v=qB3G2hkn278

Everything that NEEDS to be explained is explained, you're just using prequel logic where everything needs to be excessively elaborated upon through endless exposition and senate hearings. The movie trusted you to be able to fill in the blanks, but you're too stupid to do that.

George's original cut of the first movie was full of this kind of autistic droning on about bullshit that doesn't matter. We would have cut away from the opening space battle to hear Luke and Biggs talk about Imperial Collectivization of moisture farms. Richard Chew, Paul Hirsch, and Marcia Lucas thankfully reigned in George's autism and told him that shit doesn't matter.

>because those scenes are useless and disrupt the flow of the movie
>disrupt the flow of the movie
You have to be memeing here...

>we already understand fine that Finn doesn't want to kill innocent people when we see him not fire his blaster when ordered to
So one guy dies, wipes his blood on his helmet and immediately Finn is cured of being evil?

NO.. NO! Finn seeing a villager and pointing his gun at them with the blood on his helmet, seeing the fear in the women's eyes is what FINALLY makes him change!

This scene completes Finn's transformation to the good side because he spared a life.

JJ was wrong to cut this scene out and you obviously do not understand good characterization arcs.

Just because JJ is a famous rich director doesn't mean anything he does is 100% correct and the only way to view the film.

>Disrupt the flow
You see this is the problem. You and JJ are too busy with keeping the movie fast paced. You do not bother with making the movie breathe at all.

>Dat final mission
>Dat leading the cops with donuts
>Dat leading the Brickster with pizza
>Dat mature and unflinching look at the inherently selfish nature of the contemporary criminal justice system and its inability to apprehend offenders unless offered an incentive that appeals to our most basic, animalistic desire of consumption

Fucking kino to this day.

>first act which sets up the events of the movie
still in present ding dong. same way act 2 is still in the present by the time you get to it

>So you haven't heard of flashbacks
i think use the word "usually" in my post.

i mean i agree with you but theres only so much to go over in a movie. you need 'no dialogue' shots like 'fucking star destroy flying around space with sardine transports taking stormtroops to fuck up ooga boogas' because its a MOVIE, a visual medium. all this takes away from time allocated to dialogue/other story telling devices

Is it worth the torrent?

>Hear that one of the main characters is going to be a stormtrooper that defects
>get excited because this is a legitimately interesting way to add depth to the galactic conflict by suggesting that not all stormtroopers are evil and not all rebels are good
>Go see the movie
>One stormtrooper suddenly decides he's good and has no problem killing the rest of the stormtroopers - which are still considered evil

Fuck this movie and anyone who thought it was good.

>Everything that NEEDS to be explained is explained
NO IT IS NOT!

I am not using prequel logic, I am using script logic.

I like to read a book from chapter 1 not chapter 2 as what Force Awakens fills like.

I am sorry that you are stuck in your nostalgia and can ONLY think that the most perfect Star Wars movie was the 1977 one because it began immediately in a warzone BUT as Lucas realized later on: A New Hope was Chapter 4 not Chapter 1.

And yes A New Hope does explain everything you need to know about the Clone Wars BUT Force Awakens DOES NOT explain everything.

It does not explain about Snoke seducing Kylo. It does not explain how Rey is a Mary Sue. It does not explain how she can fly the falcon.

Her being able to fly the falcon and the mention of when Snoke began seducing Kylo is mentioned in the novelization as I said previously.

Take off your nostalgia goggles and understand how messy, how badly edited this film is.

The 3P0 in TFA isn't actually THE C3P0, it's a different unit implanted with the other's memories.

C3P0 is actually Supreme Leader Snoke.

>It does not explain about Snoke seducing Kylo

It does, though. Kylo was an insecure kid with abandonment issues and Snoke exploited his obsession with the legend of Darth Vader to make him think turning to the dark side

I'm sorry there wasn't a hamfisted drawn out plot about he was KILLING YOUNGLINGS to prevent his wife from dying in childbirth so you would understand.

>can't refute his point
That's not even autism bro

Finn's backstory and character arc was so rushed by JJ.

I do not know why the critics praise this film so much and do not call out all the badly paced and edited scenes.

The Force Awakens felt like I was watching a movie on 2x speed at home. It felt like I wanted to get done with it as soon as possible so I increased the speed. It felt TOO FAST PACED.

Attack of the Clones droned on too much so don't call me a 100% prequel defender. Revenge of the Sith is perhaps the best paced prequel film (AND YET THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO GOT ANGRY WITH HOW FAST ANAKIN TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE).

I am not fucking joking... I have read threads where people have said that Lucas rushed Anakin's turn to the dark side in Episode 3 YET Finn's character arc is rushed. Rey learning EVERYTHING about the force is rushed (not to mention that she can mind trick people without any training which is 100% impossible unless she is Anakin reborn).

You people who defend the Force Awakens as a perfect movie must have something wrong with you

But we did not see Luke's Temple.

We did not see WHEN Snoke started to seduce him.

We did not see HOW Snoke got in contact with Kylo?

>Did he appear in person to him
>Did Kylo start dwelling in some occult arts or some shit which brought Snoke into his mind
None of this is explained

You know what? JJ recently said in an interview that he would like to make a Kylo prequel movie. NO FUCKING JOKE HE SAID THIS.

Because he knows he stuffed up. He knows that we need a prequel film to better make sense.

Force Awakens is literally Chapter 2 of a novel.

>Finn lets us know that he and most of the other stormtroopers are brainwashed child soldiers
>The next scene Han does a behind-the-back shot and uses the bowcaster to blow a dude up
>It's played for laughs
>Our 'hero' enjoying himself as he kills brainwashed child soldiers is played for laughs
>Critics loved this moving picture with sounds

This movie was a pile of shit. They never even pretended that there was a story. The whole movie is just characters walk into a room, talk with other characters about exposition, people show up with guns to shoot people, and some of our characters make it a way. Repeat till the end.

>hating the Episode 3 plot for no reason
The killing of the younglings and Anakin not preventing his wife from dying is all perfect to tie into how he became Vader.

Once again I am sorry that you are so focused on nostalgia that you cannot at all see that the Prequels were needed to better understand Vader.

>But I didn't want to learn anything about Vader.
Well good story telling is not having just an evil villain with no characterization.

All stories have characterization.

Hell even someone like Hitler needs characterization to show that he was a failed painter, that he began hating the Jews due to specific reasons.

Why would you learn history beginning in 1939 and not the beginning of Hitler's youth and his election in the early 30's etc?

I am not saying the prequels were perfect but they were definitely needed to complete the original saga.

Maz was such a bad character with the way they showed her on screen.

>Rey: "How do you have Luke's Lightsaber?"
>Maz: "That is another question for another time"
FOR FUCK SAKE

Okay Episode 8 is sure to give us more information BUT why make us wait over 2 years when you could have explained it to us in this film?

Episode 7 is the only Star Wars movie to end on a cliffhanger. All other Star Wars movies are basically standalones.

Friendly reminder that back in the theorizing days, one of the contending storylines dealt with an X-wing Pilot named Kylo Ren. He was being slowly seduced by an ominous voice in his head, shown through scenes of him talking to his grandfather's helm kept in the jedi temple.

>The whole movie is just characters walk into a room, talk with other characters about exposition, people show up with guns to shoot people, and some of our characters make it a way. Repeat till the end.
Exactly how I found it.

The only actual scene which felt like that we were getting somewhere was when Han said "It is true. All of it".

And then he doesn't bother to explain how he broke up with Leia, why he returned back to smuggling.

>BUT WE DON'T NEED THESE POINTLESS EXPLANATIONS
Well for me I would like to have some closure with the characters.

Also: WHO's eyes are we watching the movie through?

It definitely is not Rey because so much backstory is not explained so therefore we cannot at all connect with her on a personal level.

>Friendly reminder that back in the theorizing days, one of the contending storylines dealt with an X-wing Pilot named Kylo Ren. He was being slowly seduced by an ominous voice in his head, shown through scenes of him talking to his grandfather's helm kept in the jedi temple.
This...is..fucking... perfect backstory!

Finally now it makes sense that Kylo was seduced due to believing that he was communicating with Vader through the helmet and therefore the helmet is the connection that brought Snoke into his mind.

Thank you user! Now I actually understand it better.

No thanks to JJ at all

>whose*
I would think Finn, it just gets ruined when he leaves for no reason and Rey runs away for no reason.

Fucking thank you.

Thanks user. I can now fix up my Episode 7 plot idea.

woops was meant to reply to you who posted this theory
It definitely makes more sense now that the link between Snoke communicating with Kylo was via Vader's helmet.

>tfw we will never get a scene of Han, Leia and Luke talking together about the good old days before Luke flees
Way to go JJ for ruining what could have been the greatest reunion ever in history

>Way to go JJ for ruining what could have been the greatest reunion ever in history
It's honestly kind of baffling.
And it will probably be ruined/retconned with Luke having an impassioned speech about feeling Han's death.

This is better

As close as we will get to see wiser Luke, Han and Leia together

its not the real 3P0?!?
aw, that truly makes me sad :(

He's fucking with you. Threepio kept the arm of some "brave" Droid from some mission that got his ass scrapped. It's too honor that droid.

At least that's what the comic fid, it was stupid anyway.

Was anybody else surprised how Finn, who couldn't bring himself to even fire a shot on the Jakku raid had no problem blowing up 30 of his former comrades 10 minutes later?

He couldn't bring himself to kill unarmed villagers, that's a bit different. And if he didn't blow up his comrades, his comrades would have blown up him.

It would have been nice to see him struggling with his actions, and I would argue killing your own comrades is more difficult than random villagers

Finn shows no remorse over murdering half his squad

But many of the villagers were armed

Well, yeah, I agree. The idea of disillusioned stormtrooper becoming one of the main characters was great, but they could've handled it better.
The ones who were gathered in the center and then executed were not armed.

maybe this is shit we find out in the sequel, you autist