Remember this? I'm remastering it. Ask me anything if you want

Remember this? I'm remastering it. Ask me anything if you want.

Listen: clyp.it/ih5zyhu5

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m4vZ7h3OINc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why does it need to be remastered?

Also, nice digits.

Upon examining the files along multiple copies of the record that I downloaded there were a lot of things that bothered me for the most part.

The biggest thing that nagged me was the weird high end roll-off that made it sound unnecessarily lo-fi when things could've been absolutely blistering at the moments where they needed to be if they didn't fuck off the high end. There's also some annoying limiter tactics that they used.

Basically, someone in the studio was very lazy or incompetent and it sort of shows.

So you don't think any of it was intentional? Checked the link, sounds good.

It could've been intentional and I've considered that a possibility multiple times, but I don't think it was a good thing to do since some tracks are honestly hindered by it. It feels half-intentional but more like a shortcut.

So you don't think you've fucked with the vision at all?

Perhaps.

Now it sounds like Kevin Parker produced it.

:D

actually borderline listenable now
please finish this

>people still care about this album

not even mealfags tolerate this shit

Aye aye captain!

Just listened to it. I don't know man, I think it's a bit too much. There's sufficient loss in clarity, I think the highs are muddling everything up. Not getting that separation on the instruments the original has, though I agree that the album needs to have the mastering revisited.

I agree. I only uploaded this to show that it is happening. I'm working on everything as we speak. Don't worry. Thank you for the criticism though. Keep it coming.

Good luck friendo. I realize it must be hard mastering without the masters but I think the album is great enough to warrant a try.

>Why does it need to be remastered?
suck it feggit

Kevin Parker is actually p.good!

triple h fucked up the mastering on purpose iirc.
but this does sound better. good luck user
if you do finish it maybe contact him. i'd love to buy it

What software and what technique are you using, OP? I'm learning mastering and i have mastered two local bands so it interests me.

>listening to nu-male metal
Halt and resume your activities separately

it's my favorite album of all time m8
i'm very interested in that remaster

>not even mealfags tolerate this shit
that's a good thing

youre doing it wrong, it needs to be harsher
and instrumental

>I'm remastering it
thank you op. you're doing god's work. are you going to be done anytime soon? please post a download link itt if you do finish

>some annoying limiter tactics
Could you elaborate? Could you also explain what you're actually doing to the FLAC tracks?

Very interested in this mastering process. Cheers, OP.

>1:54
it actually sounds worse now sorry op

well it still sounds like shit

so it proves that the mixing wasn't the only thing wrong with it

The vocals are still ridiculous and it's still annoyingly clean.

But the low-ends do improve it.
the vision is wrong

HHH really dropped the ball with this album. Shame. Aesthetica is pretty good, barring the dumb "choral" interludes

HEY

>the dumb "choral" interludes
i like them
reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=m4vZ7h3OINc

what the actually appeal of this album?
have listened once but nothing noticeable