Things retards say about movies

things retards say about movies

I really like how this implies personal enjoyment and serious appreciation are mutually exclusive.

take them to seriously WHAT???

>its boring

>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Refn,Snyder on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed

Seriously™, it's a chain of toy stores. Toy stores are fun, movies aren't, so they don't match.

>to

inb4 massive butthurt over this entirely fair and reasonable list

>It is really daring
>It is really progressive!

What are some fun movies that shouldn't be taken seriously Sup Forums?

>there are people browsing Sup Forums right now who think like this
Reddit holocaust when?

>OP: i..am...UNDERAGE AND PROUD!

>people who make lists

>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Refn,Snyder on their list

How do you serious something?

Hey, Paths Of Glory is legit

>Never take movies to seriously.
Why, is there anything in seriously that might make the movies unhappy? Are movies illegal in seriously?? Is maybe seriously too fond of commercials instead???

>>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
Seven Samurai is a fun flick. There's no shame in that, Rooney poster. The same way I have Filth and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in mine even though they're not Tarkovsky shit.

Are you implying they're good?

>People who think Rooney Mara is a good actress.

but 2001 is in my top list

this

Is there ANYTHING she can't do?

Get them to seriously. I'll call Ittin

>@SwagThug4Lyfe

think like the tweet?

>what did you think of the movie?
>it was okay

think like to seriously

not him but rooney mara is literally a shit tier actress and her career is done kys

That's a hot bag of opinions y'got there, user.

My favourite film is Red Desert by Antonioni, but 2001, Seven Samurai and Citizen Kane are amazing films, you fucking idiot. Kubrick is a genius filmmaker and it's good that people can learn to appreciate his filmography and Refn should be highly respected for making efforts in the modern afterbirth of a film industry.

"Patricians" like you tend to equate taste with obscurity so that it's harder for anyone to judge you. You're equal to the plebs who enjoy capeshit to me. The fact that you disregard the likes of Kubrick or Welles is showing how little appreciation you even have of the art form. You're simply commodifying it. Please kill yourself. I hate the fact that people who enjoy art house film are associated with subhuman like you.

Yea and im a giants fan

what about oldboy, thats based on a comic but its one of the best films ever made

Die tripfag

>it's a "Sup Forums hates 2001 because its objectively the greatest movie ever made" thread

Not but I like The Wrestler, probably one of my all-time favorite films.

>Kurosawa, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Antonioni, Welles, Chaplin, Keaton, the list goes on!

The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''film'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these directors, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For a cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity.

>Kubrick

I knew it was bait but it took me a lot to figure out why

Clue. Look at the names.

I dare say people who spam television shows have more refined taste than the cretins in this thread. 2001 as the be all end all of cinema? Sounds about right for Sup Forums, there is a reason why everybody laughs at this board now. Posters just like you are that reason.

Why don't you go off and pretend you have taste because you like Tarkovsky or Lynch so those of us who actually like cinema can have a good fucking laugh at your adorable attempts.

>'people' who think movies age like wine
>'people' who think being contrarian shows good taste
>'people' who watch foreign language movies with subtitles where nuances and culturally specific meanings are lost
>'people' who think favourites must only include objectively great movies and not just ones you enjoy watching

YoYou're not a cinephile because you have to actually enjoy films and not be a brainless consumer like yourself. Film makes no impression on you. You're not a cinephile, you're a waste of brain power and a special snowflake who's using words to claim your false superiority, the fact that those were all the names you could use in a "the list goes on" meme proves it. Embarrassing.

I really can't tell the difference between people who are role-playing and people who are genuinely autistic anymore

Well if they're roleplaying on Sup Forums they're probably autistic.

>could only come up with those names in a "the list goes" on meme
Pathetic.

>'people' who watch foreign language movies with subtitles where nuances and culturally specific meanings are lost
This is the most infuriating thing ever. I fucking hate it when clueless american retards watch movies from my country and think it somehow makes them 'sophisticated'

>didn't understand movie
>do research on movie, read wiki, watch explanations
>its smarter than me so I like it
>call everyone who doesn't like the movie an idiot

literally spot on as clear by the upset replies from plebs

>best cinematography of any movie that's not trying to be intentionally pretentious.
>so technologically advanced people genuinely believe Kubrick famed the moon landing
Nice try faggot

Samefag more!

fair point but most of Sup Forums and Sup Forums is pretending to be as contrarian as possible, only enjoying things that about 5 people have heard of, and it's getting harder to tell who is pretending and who genuinely buys into it anymore.
same with Sup Forums and Sup Forums and being offensive for the fun of it but attracting genuine psychopaths and stormfags

Is that the Now You See It guy?
I'll have to unsubscribe if so.

Tbqh the meaning of one of our movies which won a few awards a couple years back completely flew over critics' heads. It was literally about showing the nuances behind the decision of the layman to either stay in the country and try to make things better or flee to a country with more money and security

>Kubrick is mad because he is entry level meme

Guess we can't all jump in with two feet like you pal.

bad*

I'm fuckin retarded.

Why would you rather be nothing than something?

You cannot be intentionally pretentious

That's what's so fun about it though. It starts as a joke but you just know some morons are going to buy into it and actually bring their falcons to the cinema.

Yes you can.

Film IS supposed to be entertainment.

It's amazing how shattered plebs get by this. Also lol at how they get buttblasted if you imply that Kubrick or whoever isn't the peak of cinema, as if by saying that you're discrediting his entire existence.

Double you tee eff I hate kino now

No it isn't. You can shoot for whatever purpose, from education to documentation to commemoration to propaganda to whatever.

>people who list movies or auteurs

People really do that?

Not him, but I'm sure there are plenty who do. Including a fair amount of this board. Read The Fountainhead, that's what like a third of the book is about. It's easy to be a sexy socialite and a special snowflake when you can parrot another's opinion on a subject.

When the h*ck does Kaba Church 1 & 2 even come out?

yeah really. this is the main retard factor here and if anyone misses this they are only a half-tier above the retards

That's right. Schindler's List was so fucking fun.

He's right. Only films and kino are meant to be taken seriously.

>Kubrick
was with you until this

but the bad guy "won" and it was boring as fuck

If you are foreigner from the USA, and you only have movies from your country listed, are you a pleb?

Why is it bad?
It doesn't have enough superheroes?

The only part I disagree with is Seven Samurai and Citizen Kane are both brilliant