Can someone explain me this movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GO63NuAGuks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the main point was mexicans ruin everything

What don't you understand?

Movie that i saw 2-3times when it came out, and i have zero recollection of the what even happened today.

TLJ sat around or something, and Bardem killed people. Not very memorable.

The lesson is that you probably shouldn't piss off Stelio Kontos.

how did sugar find lew ellen?

the title was ironic, it was a country for old men the whole time

As you get older, you think the world gets worse, but in reality it's always been bad, and you just can't keep up anymore.

what's the message
why is it so acclaimed

you know the rules, femanon.

p o s t t i t t i e s

This board is cancer.

He wasn't killed by chigurh* he was killed by other mexicans cause his phone call was traced

I don't think there is a message, a lot of coen bros movie is people getting in over their heads with stuff and making a mess

or you're just very stupid

The world is full of evil men who commit crimes and violence that ordinary people can't even comprehend, and they are able to get away with it. Tommy Lee Jones retires because his old views on morality and honour have been proven irrelevent, hence the title

Anyone disappointed by the final act of the movie? It went downhill steeply compared to the first 2 acts which were sensational.

Why didn't they show the motel shootout ?
I wanted to see the shoot out!
One of the main characters is just killed off screen?

The first two acts are capeshit "entertainment oriented" tier that are only acceptable in retrospect when seen through the context of the "hard kino" third act. The film didn't end the way it did it would be Tarantino tier schlock.

Yeah whatever. Take your shit bait elsewhere fag.

I'm not baiting. The film would no different from some degenerate video game if the audience got satisfaction and catharsis from the conclusion. The third act is the most important part of the film. If you enjoyed it up until that point then you are the type of viewer the film was created to destroy.

problem?

You are a fucking moron.

DUDE NIHILISM LMAO

You're medically retarded. The entire M.O of the movie was to destroy "entertainment" audiences by engrossing them with what is a "great" video game type experience by their standards, get them all immersed, sitting on the edge of their seats, pre-emptively adding it to their mental "fkken GOAT movies bro" list before pulling the rug out from beneath them and smashing their cheeto stuffing face with the butt of a rifle.

You got baited and switched. The film did its job.

I would like to see how long you can keep this up. Go on faggot. Tell me more.

This conversation sums up Sup Forums nice, there are total fucking retard capeshit fans who need constant stimulus and over the top autists who overthink or feel the need to validate everything.

>I've been called out and am not smart enough to counter the post

old man is having hard time trying to cope with fact that his life is near its end

nope, absolutely not.

The ultimate point of the movie is man's continuous and inexorable descent into savagery. This is related to our desire to take control despite being constantly beset by forces that are beyond our control. The most perfect stories, the most righteous narratives, are still subject to the cruelty of random happenstance.

>When video game audiences try to watch an art film
>2001 was good when it was just a movie about some apes but then it was the future all of a sudden WTF

Guy finds bag of money. Sticks around like an asshole. Doesn't just leave.

Dumb ass movie

protip: he sees himself in the end

Ok

>guy A finds briefcase full of money

>guy B hunts down and kills guy A to get money

>guy C, and old fuck sheriff, doesnt accomplish shit because he's old

THE END

why does it matter?

This is the most retarded thing I've ever read on Sup Forums. It's too bad for your mother that you didn't slime out dead.

Yes, so the Coens just forgot how to abide by the conventions of thriller schlock towards the end because they're bad at making movies. They certainly didn't mean anything by denying you the main confrontation and having who appears to be the protagonist die offscreen.

>comes to a board for discussing films
>WTF are uz doing talking aboit moviez!!11

Why weren't you stomped when you crawled out of the abortion bucket? Not every movie has to adhere to your "le epic reddit maymay XD" rules.

Fuck off back to /r/movies.

This. The first page of the book explains everything.

>What you got ain't nothin' new. This country is hard on people. Hard and crazy. Got the devil in it yet folks never seem to hold it to account.

>You can't stop what's comin. Ain't all waitin' on you.

This is poor bait kid, the adults are talking about films go make an ass of yourself elsewhere.

>he thinks his post deserves an intelligent response
It barely deserves a stupid response dipshit. >no country for old men
>art film
Now here am thinking summer was over.

Just like I said, this place is literally cancer.

Not put quite so simplistically, but I've heard multiple professors of film studies make basically this point about the movie in terms of how it shirks narrative conventions.

I had a professor who showed it as the first movie in every intro to film section he taught specifically to challenge people's basic assumptions about what a movie is "supposed" to do and get them thinking about the subjectivity and folly of their bias.

*Community college* professors.

What is an art film to you because No Country certainly doesn't exist in the realm of consumer catering product given the subversiveness of the third act. If it prioritizes making a point or exploring a theme over the enjoyment of the viewing audience then it is an art film in my book.

Delete your Netflix account and go outside.

How come everyone acts like a complete idiot?

Its super unrealistic.

I mean look at this thread..world's full of idiots. The movie is plausible

The third act isn't subversive, it's identical to every other Coen brothers third act. First two acts: establish cartoons. Third act: nihilistically destroy cartoons to prove LIFE ISN'T CARTOONISH Y'ALL, when we never thought it was in the first place. Your rationale for it being an 'art film' is like how metalheads think their shit music is great because normal people disdain it. Nope, all you've got is an inverted crowd-pleaser, and stuff based around shock value is still craven, just in a different way.

>every other Coen brothers third act. First two acts: establish cartoons. Third act: nihilistically destroy cartoons to prove LIFE ISN'T CARTOONISH Y'ALL
This is applicable to like 3 of their movies.

We get it, your too dumb to get the movie now you have to get down on other things you don't understand. Go back to god damn reddit or whatever circle jerk you're used to.

No, it's applicable to all of them except Intolerable Cruelty, which was a pure job of work.

> he doesn't realize there ARE only 2 acts in the movie

I keep having that dream about my father, he's ridin in the night carrying fire in a horn.

If you are in your teens or twenties of course you don't understand

Your writing speaks volumes about the intellectual level the Coens work on.

I watched that at movie night and during that scene the entire room started slowly clapping and chanting the word "kino".

>guy B hunts down and kills guy A

This explains it pretty clearly.

youtube.com/watch?v=GO63NuAGuks

The Dude wasn't ever nihilistically destroyed. Nihilists threatened to cut his dick off but they never got around to it.

I liked it when at the end the music kicked in like

INTERGALACTIC GANGERGALACTIC INTERGALACTIC DING DOO DAH
ROBBERDAPEEPOROBBERDAPEEPOROBBERDAPEEPORUHROBBERDAPEEPO

Oh, that's right, two films then, one of which is their only good one, because they knew their place and didn't try to be clever.

It's about some old guys and how there's no country for them.

no, because this movie makes no sense, but pretentious pleb (whos highest experience of art film is nymphomaniac and interstellar) is too afraid to admit that this shit makes no sense. they dont trust in themselves enough to understand that not every random crap is "wow so deep art movie". they feel like "damn, this is highly rated on IMDB and got an oscar, it must be good! i must understand it otherwise i'M not smart enough"... no mate, its just a crappy film

Which part makes no sense?