ITT: Things plebs say

ITT: Things plebs say

>only the first half in boot camp is good!

>he actually likes Kubrick

what are you? 10 years old? lol faggot

the second half was better desu

>not liking Kubrick

oh I see, you havent grown out of your 17 year old tryhard film snob phase

>>only the first half in boot camp is good!

The drill instructor used offensive terms

>omg Kubrick is like the best director ever :0 nobody will ever match his genius yeah I'm a real movie buff 2001, the shining, the list goes on

Kill yourself, reddit

>thinking it has two parts, rather than three

>projecting

you have no friends and have never gotten laid

Im done with you

>ur a virgin haha I win xD I'm done because I'm more mature >;)

reddit

But the first half IS the best part

>thinking it has halves, rather than thirds

nice

its one of his best

>Cowboy didn't make it

;_;

2nd half has just as many memorable quotes as the first half.

that scene with the vietnamese whore walking is one of my favorite scenes of all time.

>tfw instant section 8

I preferred the first half but even then the whole boot camp with an angry instructor shtick has become so ingrained into pop culture that by the time I actually saw it, it was already trite.
Plus, throughout the only character I cared about at all was Pyle and once he's out I'm left with a film focusing on uninteresting dickheads taking part in a war who's aesthetics I'm tired of. And the ending with the girl seems like it's meant to make you feel something but it didn't.
Paths of Glory proved Kubrick could make a compelling film about how fucked up the military can be that is engaging and elicits emotion.

how does it split into three parts?

Boot camp
Battle of hue city
Sniper part

It's basically 3 short movies featuring the same characters

boot camp
doing journalism for stars and stripes section
sniper

>mock a movie for it's special effects
>60 years after it was released

>my favorite director is Kubrick

Was Kubrick always the go-to favorite amongst dabblers? I was a big Kubrick fanboy in the 90's, but I was the only one in my small town. Now it seems everyone who thinks they know anything considers Kubrick the best.

that's an interesting perspective, huh

the transition is shitty in that film but both parts are kino

>Things plebs say
>I've never heard of Citizen Kane.

If you can't enjoy that film, I feel sorry for you because your life must suck.

Yeah, it's almost like he's actually so good, he's popular

What a wild concept

>things plebs say
>citizen kane #1 move of all times

yeah like why, because you are so moved by the fact it helped develop the film industry, or because of the new camera anges that are fucking common today in every film? if you watch it as a move not as a "important film in the history of cinema" its 7/10 not even the best film of OW (thats the trial).

It's better than most films today (capeshit, sequels and remakes?) and you can't remove a film from its historical context. You also forgot to evaluate its dialogue, which I find quite intelligently written and its structure which is not just paint-by-numbers acts 1, 2, 3.

>"I only watch kino"
>watches only movies made after 1970, in greyscale, or in a foreign language

people don't actually say that

You're confusing things. Contrarians get triggered whenever someone calls this movie the "greatest" because they think they're saying "objectively best." When really it's not opinion-based; Citizen Kane was one of the most influential movies of all-time. Filmmakers today are still emulating the style and direction. That's what makes it the greatest. Not a few top critic's personal opinions.