What does Sup Forums use for heat ?

What does Sup Forums use for heat ?

I use a combo of wood and coal.

I used to use coal but I've since made the switch to clean coal

Translation: "I'm poor af"

> implying that exists

Clean coal? Do you mean Anthracite coal?

i use clean gas

I use summer for heat

interesting method user, tell me more

I use this.

I live in Maine so heating oil and wood pellets

Jews

blankets and warm slippers

My mixtape

OP here, I'm also from Maine

HAHA That explains why you are thinking about how people heat their house.

Androscoggin County here.

i have central heating and air..but the heating part stopped working some time ago..i then found something called celi heat on my wall...it is heating coils in the ceiling and when you cut it on you can feel the waves of radiation hit you. it from the 70s so i guess it works by rubbing asbestos together at least thats what it feels like..you really have to just cut it on in a different room and let the 70s heat groove on into where you are...

Natural Gas

Classic

I'm from the 21st century.I use oil and gas.

3 acres of white pine on my property, I've never had to cut a tree down or buy wood. Spring storms usually knock down 4ish trees, and I cut them with a chainsaw and split by hand. I don't foresee running out of seasoned wood.

Kennebec County here. I like to buy ahead but the only place local that has coal right now is Aubuchon's. Their 40 pound bags are $8.49 while the regular price everywhere else is $6 or lower.

Propane and propane accessories.

>2017
>uses wood and coal to heat
wtf bro, I use a fucking button on the wall to heat.

>Not using biomass

Never messed with Coal. Have had the pellet stove for 3 years now. This past year we only used 250 gal of #2. We used about 2 tons of pellets. Had the house 80 all winter. I am very much a fan of pellets now.

I feel bad for you. You've probably never had the pleasure of busting up an old pallet for kindling.

I too use summer for heat. Incredibly inexpensive and efficient

Decent.

Warm water

I've heard good things about pellets, but never much been a fan of needing electric in my heating system. How much your pellet stove run ya?

Pellets are cheap and work well, but I don't like the idea of not being able to easily produce my own fuel

ayuh, you're preaching to the choir there.
I worry it'll get to a point where stores stop carrying coal altogether and I'll have to pay to have it trucked in from Penn state.. I only burn about a ton and a half a year so having 23-26 tons delivered would be a bit much to store.

I am with you on not liking needing elec to run my heat. I overcame this by getting an 8000 watt generator that runs almost everything in the house (other then the dryer) so I don't worry so much.

New was $1,800 but I got it used for $750 in great shape. I pay around $5.50 a bag for pellets and a bag will last about 24 hours when it is 10 deg and up outside.

I use electricity. If that goes out for any reason, I've got two nice working fireplaces for back-up heat & cooking. I've got 8 acres of wooded property for fuel. The fireplaces don't heat the bedrooms very well due to the layout of the house.

Thats a pretty good stove and price there.

I have to repack mine every 8-12 hours depending on the temp/winds. A bag lasts me 24-36 hours.

just wood, lotsa trees where I live, nothing makes me warmer than a nice good woodfire

Oak wood and central heating

Not bad at all. I want to try Coal when I finish building my camp. I use it year round.

hur dur wiki picki

Live in the south, going outside is all the heating you'll need. Winter is pleasant since it's not too cold or too hot, but the summers, it could kill a man if he's not careful.

Cold doesn't exist where I live. It's never below 24C.

I will take -30 to +90 any day.

Maine for life.

Nice, if you're unsure about the brand/type of coal stove up want to use I recommend reading the nepacrossroads forum. They've got a lot of good info there.

Cool Thank you

In my shop just wood these last few years. I've been collecting used oil and cheap diesel when I can get it from my buddy at a shipping company's repair depot (when they suspect water in diesel) and intend on running either an oil drip in my woodstove, or convert the free old school oil burner furnace I picked up to run on waste oil.

House is just straight heating oil.

bump

I use my farts

It's the middle of the god damn summer, so the sun.
During the winter its gas, electric, coal, or wood.

I sell manure to pay my gas bill.

Shit gets me heated

Kekd