Franchises Have No Place In Sports

If you are a fan of a professional American team you are a rube plain and simple. The team isn't "yours." They don't give a shit about you. You're just a customer nothing else, and the day you can't pay is the day "your" team leaves. Don't be a sucker. Don't give money to franchises.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_FC
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_F.C.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Rushden_and_Diamonds
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon
mercurynews.com/2014/06/30/49ers-sell-out-levis-stadium-few-single-game-tickets-coming/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>If you are a fan of a professional American store you are a rube plain and simple. The store isn't "yours." They don't give a shit about you. You're just a customer nothing else, and the day you can't pay is the day "your" store leaves. Don't be a sucker. Don't give money to franchises.

Lmao you're such a fucking faggot, kys flyover cuck, some people are lucky enough to be guaranteed to always have a team lmao

>root for a europoor team
>team goes bankrupt
>disappears forever

I feel the same way about jews and homosexuals

Not fucking true, Amerifat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_FC
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_F.C.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Rushden_and_Diamonds

And here is another case, a team moves, another team starts up in the city and comes ahead of the moved team.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon

Both need to be eliminated along with spics and niggers.

>tfw live in a flyover state
>have a team that will never leave because of storied history

Already survived two decades of horror so you know they'll stay.

Who's a fan of store?

A sport team should have some connection to the community it's in. Like college teams have.

amerilard btfo

we used to be able to force teams to stay before they outlawed glass bottles in stadiums.

>unironically living in Wisconsin

JUST

>Brooklyn Dodgers
>New York Giants

These are flyovers in your mind

I was born here. The majority of my family lives here too. It's not a terrible place to live and the cost of living is dirt cheap.

>make 6k a month
>cost of living is only 2.5

feels good man.

The concept if franchises is pathetic. My team is the oldest in Spain and is part of our history. It was founded in 1889. The lions, dolphins, thunders, kings, supersonics... What the fuck is that? I could never be a fan of something that artificial

It's a nice, relaxed state.

>american 'teams' are just play things for their owner and they can up sticks to somewhere else on a whim
Just how can you form any kind of bond with the team knowing they can just move 6 months down the line

The oldest team here was playing football before americans even had their civil war

Franchises make the league fair though, don't they?

Lmao, amerigoys getting BTFO

>one day you wake up and your team just leaves

Nice sports """""culture"""""".

>manchester city is just going to buy all of your good young players
How can you even bond with the team when they don't even get to develop their own players?

All the major sports teams do stuff to benefit the city, foundations, donations, college grants, etc. Offer jobs, only a few rare cases of teams will leave to go to another city.

I bond with the new players
You meanwhile don't have a team to bond with at all

Well duh, you could say the same thing about public libraries, churches or schools, but theyre still a part of our society (well, libraries are on the way out). Obviously they need to be able to make money to stay

Going to bars and getting drunk with your friends while watching an important game your city is involved in is a great experience.

My team has been in the same city for its entire existence.

So what, 18 months?

60 years, my man.

>60 years
>less than half the length of time my team has been playing in an organised league

I don't see how your league being older is permanent. Your country is older too; that doesn't mean we didn't BTFO you in the 1700s

at least american teams are owned by american corporations

european soccer clubs, well all the decent ones are owned by rich arabs or russians or chinks who use the team as a personal playground

inb4 teams owned by "supporters trusts", all those teams are shit and the trust is just an excuse for the chairman to extract more money from the rube supporters, he will still do whatever the fuck he wants with the team just like what happened at Swansea

european teams are actually worse because its just blatant money laundering and terrorism funding

Lol if you dont think people would flip their shit if the cowboys left texas or the packers left greenbay

>permanent
Fucking Swype. Pertinent.

Maybe, but they couldn't stop it happening

They wouldn't have to.

The NFL would refuse to let the owner move those teams.

That's not the connection I'm talking about. Not everything is about money.

The team should represent the community and not some owner who can blackmail you.

Yeah pretty much this. As long as the city has an acceptable stadium to offer the team on reasonable terms, the NFL will not allow a move. The NFL knows as much as fans do that teams moving around all the time is bad for the image of the league, it only happens in the most extreme circumstances where the local government either refuses or is unable to provide an acceptable stadium

shut up

If my city's team did what the community wanted they would be even worse than we are and probably lose the team again. Winnipeg's community is fucking terrible

There's other connections without money you don't understand though.

I live in Kansas City, these guys represented our city, when they won in 2015, and they're teams that will never leave the city either. I mean for fuck sakes, you had a man who was hardly ever on the starting lineup Jarrod Dyson, and he cried tears about leaving the team, about leaving the community, about leaving KC because he got traded to the Mariners.

The players have connections, the teams have connections, and it's more then that. Outside just the money. You wouldn't understand because you don't live in the USA, but San Diego and the Rams are a different kind of example. You don't have multiple competing sports in Europe.

The Rams were in a baseball city, that only really cared about baseball, were there for really only 1-2 decades, with no history in STL and a fanbase per population size shorter then the average in the NFL.

Chargers stadium is the second shittiest in the NFL, and the City didn't pay for it. They needed some place to play. If the fans can't give back to the team when the team needs it then that's understandable.

If a team disappears due to going bankrupt, it was never a big team to begin with. Look at Rangers, they went bust and a few years later they returned to the SPL from the most bottom tier in scottish football.

Thing is though, in Europe all they have is Football, in every region Football is the most popular, that isn't the same here.

In the US You have cities with only a hockey team, or a basketball team, or baseball team, and those are cities based around those sports, when you try moving an NFL team into that city, you won't build up a fanbase that cares for a few generations.

It happened in STL, and that's why the Rams left, that and Kroenke being a massive jew, but STL was and is a baseball City, the Cardinals are historic, and so they had no reason to give any fucks about the Rams during their bad seasons and so the rams had no reason to care back.

The sporting dynamic is a lot different in a country with 3 major sports instead of just the big one.

>all they have is football

you're not even trying are you?

Nigga, if you try telling me Cricket or Rugby is on the same level as Baseball or Basketball here in the states you'd be smoking some form of crack.

>have a team that will never leave because of storied history
>Not knowing that the Packers were going to leave until George Halas bailed your asses out and built you a stadium

Typical Packers """""""""""""""""""""""""""Fan""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

user, that's a part of Greenbay's storied history.....

That happened over half a century ago. It's a part of the history, and part of the reason why Greenbay won't ever leave greenbay.

A fandom is a two way street.

The players and team need to love and be proud when representing a city, they need to get involved with the community and foster the fandom.

At the same time the fans need to support the team in ticket and merchandise sales.

Complaining about the Chargers leaving San Diego is like complaining about someone leaving their significant other because they were no longer getting any attention.

Stop being entitled and acting like a sports team owes you anything.

>Who's a fan of store?
apple fags

this essentially

state of yanks and their franchises

literally just a commercial entity that decided sport was the easiest way to sell things to fat retards

I'm saying that there are plenty of places where there are multiple sports teams which all consistently draw in crowds and that football isn't the only successful spectator sport in Europe

It's not just that though, there'd places in the USA where all 3 teams get the love, and history/prestige . others where 2 do, but I'm just saying football in itself is far larger in Europe as a whole then football in the US is as a #1 sport compared to Basketball, and baseball.

Almost every US kid can give you numerous experiences they've had fun in playing Football, Basketball, and baseball in their youth, I don't know how often or how big of an impact that other sports have as a whole on the continent as compared to here.

Maybe these days. But we had just revamped the astrodome.

Fucking Papa Bear, what a legend. Until he got cucked by Lambeau and Lombardi repeatedly, he had the entire Packers organization in a vicegrip by the balls.

He fucking got the Packers suspended from the NFL just so the Bears could draft a player the Packers were looking at back in the 20s, what a madman.

Not all teams are franchises. The original six in the NHL for instance. Hell, le Canadiens were founded so Frenchies had a team of their own.

No professional sports team actually cares about their fans. It's all about their wallets.

our teams have history too even if you think they have bad names. the cincinnati reds were founded in 1881, the st louis cardinals in 1882, the philadelphia phillies in 1883.

i mean yea, lets have 0 baseball teams in california and 3 in new york city

what did the retard mean by this?

You do realize alot of baseball teams were founded not long after the turn of the century and on top of that our country has been the same country the entire time. Meanwhile you beaners go from one republic to one dictatorship to another republic because you cant make up your mind and cant fight for shit according to the brits

t. ass blasted chargers fan

In this thread JoJohn discusses with himself and agrees that all is ok

It's probably different on the continent, but here loads of people have played/currently play rugby and cricket. In lots of places the local rugby team is a bigger deal than a local football team, and international test matches are easily as big as an England football game

Why are you complaining about how people kicking or hitting or passing a ball around is monetized?

Professional sports shouldn't exist. Only amateur sports should. Sports are only fun to play, not to watch.

>and the day you can't pay is the day "your" team leaves. Don't be a sucker. Don't give money to franchises.
Or don't be a broke bitch and secure finances so that you can enjoy your team lol work work work work work

Franchises can be created like Angels, for example

I live about 5 minute walk from the Diamonds stadium. They're playing opposite the Pizza Hut in the Wellingborough ground now for about 20 people on a good day. They should have just done the decent thing and dissolved. They exist in only the most pathetic capacity. Now last I heard Diamonds stadium is being demolished and football is ruined for everyone forever.

that's only good for jerk off material. how does it change anything for you that your team is old? the ""sport"" still remains an old boring pile of shit

what connection do soccer teams have with their community and how do they represent it? just because before your grandad was born your team was a local club made up of local players doesn't mean that connection exists now. and in fact it doesn't. soccer teams in europe are as much of a corporate entity as professional american sports teams, the difference being eurocuck are delusional enough to actually think they have a genuine connection to their team

This only applies to about a couple of dozen of the biggest teams, my plastic Italian friend. Even in the Premier League there are "community" teams like Burnley and Hull.

stop being purposely dense. you know what he's saying and you know he's right. i'm pretty sure relegation leagues across western europe draw in bigger crowds and get better tv deals than any other sports top league

Gareth Southgate could be managing them after he leaves the England job then

thank you for specifying that they are """"community"""" teams. i guess even your shit posting self isn't unaware enough to say it with a straight face.

This. Any Europeans deluding themselves into believing that this does not apply on this side of the Atlantic is stupid.

NFL team moving to a soccer stadium. Are we through the looking glass?

but i thought the reason why rb leipzig is so hated is because they're bringing this american style sport team to germany.

>team founded less than 10 years ago
>already managed to climb all the way up to the top league and contending 30 year straight winner munich finally bringing competition to a league than only down syndromed soccer fans could find of any value
seems like it's just ass blasted >muh ancient historic shitty club fans because a new team has been more successful, and booty bothered bayern bandwagoners

What he said.

My team (the Falcons) does community events every week it seems like. They're visiting hospitals or building parks or upgrading sports facilities.

Anyhoo, I can call them "my team" because the State of Georgia owns a minority share of the Falcons and the stadium they play in so MY MY MY MY mother fucking MY.

Why do europeans act as if we have any ability to change this shit or if we care. Its been this way since the Civil War when the baseball teams were naturally developing. There is little practically non-nuance difference to European teams besides that its easier for our teams to movie because fans have little control over it.

>Anyhoo, I can call them "my team" because the State of Georgia owns a minority share
so what, not like you're paying taxes you fucking NEET

Luckily the Yankees and knicks will never move

>The players and team need to love and be proud when representing a city, they need to get involved with the community and foster the fandom.
>At the same time the fans need to support the team in ticket and merchandise sales.
>Complaining about the Chargers leaving San Diego is like complaining about someone leaving their significant other because they were no longer getting any attention.

The Chargers left because the taxpayers wouldn't fork over a ton of cash for a new stadium. Do you really think they're going to get better attendance in LA, where they're the 4th-most popular football team and like the 7th or 8th-most popular sports team overall? This is just a way for Spanos to make money through seat licenses.

Something similar happened with the Niners, although they just moved to a stadium outside the city rather than just moving cities entirely. Same motive, same outcome.

mercurynews.com/2014/06/30/49ers-sell-out-levis-stadium-few-single-game-tickets-coming/

The whole league is a giant fucking scam. Unless you're lucky (or unlucky lol) to be a fan of a team with poor owners, the sole team in a massive market, or in a city with an incompetent city government (like everyone in the NFC North), then there really isn't any point in supporting any of these teams, because they can and will just bounce around whenever the owners see an opportunity. There are too many cities and too few teams, they can always move somewhere.