here we are

Other urls found in this thread:

bilibili.com/video/av11145484/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Faggo

hey luc
how's it going

Going okay

Got my 1050 ti in the mail but I'm still sick.

aww, i hope it's not too bad.

new gpu is pretty nice though, what were you replacing?

Just an annoying ear infection

and it was swapped for a 560.

Next on my list is getting an SSD

holy fuck check my image

oh, those can still be pretty shitty though, hope it's better sooner rather than later

that's a big upgrade, how long were you with that card before this? also what sorta games you gonna run on that bad boy first?

i'd like an SSD at some point, heard they're super nice to have

check my five

I do too. I still can't hear out of my ear.

Like 8 years. It had a crippled fan but it just recently started to act up and all that. As far as games just anything that strikes my fancy. I still need new ram, motherboard and CPU.

that's a while, i think it's good it at least lasted that long working with a crippled fan.

buying the whole package can be a little costy, i'm planning on getting a replacement for my cpu/mobo/ram sometime after i get a job, probably going to get a lower-cost ryzen like the r3 chips, if not those then the r5 1600 or something, i feel like my fx-8350 is starting to show its age with the games i'm playing now

I might consider AMD just due to how much Intel stuff is and how they don't allow their older CPU's to be put on sale.

On the other side, I could buy a used Xeon CPU that would be a nice little upgrade for my existing mother board.

AMD CPU's have always worked well for me so i don't see why i personally wouldn't go AMD again, i'm not seeing that much bad if anything bad about ryzen

it might help you out a bit but i think that getting a new cpu/mobo/ram would be more beneficial if you can afford it

The new Ryzens aren't better for gaming than I5's yet unless someone else has had some overclocking success with disabling cores and such.
i5's are gonna be better for most games, FPS wise (maybe not physx calculations wise), than Ryzens are gonna be. Even if you get a Ryzen matching an I5's gaming performance you are gonna need to do some overclocking and core-disabling. That is to say work for it.
Ryzen's blow i5s and even i7s out of the water in workstation performance though.

This is total nonsense and benchmarks prove it
Stop spreading your fud asshole

$0.10 has been deposited into your Intel account balance.

What benchmarks are you looking at? Two similarly priced i5's and Ryzen chips will have different fps with the exact same setup.
Not shitting on the chip or spreading any lies. The core of the matter is that there are zero Ryzen cpus out that don't have multithreading. Since you, I assume, and most everyone games on Windows then the way it handles core parking is always going to affect your performance.
I've always been on team red. Even if you're an AMD fanboy you have to admit they have had zero market share in the last few years.

well yeah, of course they didn't, they weren't making anything except shitty APU's until now since 6 years ago

Yeah, it would but that's a good chunk.

Hard drives would be a nice upgrade because my mother board takes sata 6.0 and I have 3.0 drives.

My point is the most gaming even still to this day is gonna be using 4 cores as fast as they can. AMD has been very weak on single core processor speed for the last few years. Seriously point to the most recent CPU that had great single core processing power relative to it's internet counterpart at the time. The one that comes to mind is the Anthlon x4's. An AMD Anthlon x4 can still chooch on modern games when paired with a decent GPU like a 960.
I was excited for the Ryzens before they came out. I still am pretty excited for when I get the money to build one for a workstation. But even on synthetic benchmarks they are at least nominally behind intel in single core processing speed. Meaning Intel is still the best option performance per power wise for audio processing and gaming.
Again, I am not shilling. It's just that you can't beat an i5-4790k when it comes to audio processing. And it's also not shabby at gaming being an unlocked quad core without multithreading to confuse windows.

Intel* not internet.

i can see how that would be a nice boost to your system, kind of annoying to move data but it's not hard at least

for gaming all i really need to see is 60fps at the least with minimal frame hitching, i don't use my pc for anything else really and my fx-8350 is starting to show it's age, intel costs a bit but the first thing i need before new parts is a job so i can pay for them

Hoping that bigger drives with bigger catches would reduce a bit of lag when loading worlds.

i feel like it works like that

Jesus wept.

m-me too

hey buds

how are you dom

stomach hurts
day went fine
thinking about video games and drawing
how are you

i will make your stomach stop hurting

i'm okay i guess, tired and been up all day playing total war warhammer, for some reason my new headset keeps disconnecting then reconnecting or something because my mic apparently cuts out and the audio does too, then it comes back but my PC doesn't make the noise when you plug a USB in or unplug it which is weird

thanks you did it

im also incredibly tired as this illness wakes me up at or before 6.
sounds like a wiring issue

thank you

What for?

participating

yay

aww, i hope it's not too bad of an illness
it might be, i plugged it into a different USB on the front to see if that makes it any better

how are you doing

Hi there

>this guy

Participation award; the best kind of award.

it's not great, it's not the worst thing that could happen
you recently purchased this?

ghello my friend

im gonna go talk to that guy
participating in life

I am doing swell, just peachy. A friend sent me five books all the way from America to Argentina, so I've been reading that. Books in English that I could only find in Spanish here, like Lord Of The Rings. The translations are abysmal. So glad I get to read it in the original language.

What's new

true
yes, i did about a week ago

i'm not sure what to think of this

very nice, books are great.
what are all the books they sent you? LotR is a good series

I have been not even doing that for a year or so, so I'll take that award.

Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Crime and Punishment and Notes from Underground.
So far I've only read Notes and it was lackluster.

nothing really
nothing is new
and you

i've sorry you've been lemoned by the chinese or unscrupulous americans

that is why it is given, dear friend

Nothing really. Just trying to kick this sickness.

oh nice, i've only read LotR and The Hobbit out of those

it's Steelseries so i got memed by the Danish

yea those other three are definitely great
i didn't finish the brothers karamazov

i bought a steelseries keyboard and it's fine, but ill not be buying another probably

it seems to be working well now since i changed the USB drive

i like the headset, it's super comfy

I'm halfway through the Hobbit and it's lovely. Funny and full of wit; none of which could be seen when I read it in Spanish.

>Indeed for your old grand-father Took's sake, and for the sake of poor Belladonna, I will give you what you asked for."
>"I beg your pardon, I haven't asked for anything!"
>"Yes, you have! Twice now. My pardon.

You're not the first person to tell me they couldn't finish it. I'll have to try my best, of course because it's a gift.

oh goodie. i bought a headset last year on sale and it's all right. only problem is for some reason it's really fucking loud and i have to keep everything mixed low.

same reason i did not finish the brothers karamazov
crime and punishment is much shorter

i imagine for a lot of books the translations can be bad or not get the right sort of.. tone(?) that you'd imagine from the language it was originally written, misses out on humour and such

it makes me sad that this exists

same here but with all my headsets, or i just hear things a lot louder than they really are while wearing headsets

What reason?

>it makes me sad that this exists
What do you mean? That's an extract from The Hobbit.

that when translated, the meaning behind the words can be lost

Oh, well that's inevitable. The efforts to preserve as much as possible are quite commendable, that's why I was in college studying translation for a while. Still and all, if possible one should just read the original language.

yeah, it's going to happen, makes me sad that it does but what can you really do

originally written in russian
i had read some negative reviews of constance garnetts translation as well
i also felt like it spoke to a very different person than me

be careful, it's real easy to lose hearing

i always have my volume really low anyways so it's not a problem

i wonder in retrospect sometimes if i set my headphones too loud as a kid. i didn't start thinking about it until a few years ago

>originally written in russian
Oh yeah. Notes felt very stiff. My copy has praise for the translation all over the cover and back cover, so I guess we'll see. I did only ask for Tolkien, but my friend added Dostoevsky out of his own adoration for him. It certainly seems geared towards people who read philosophy rather than plot-centered prose.

yeah me too, sometimes
i can't do that too much or i start to think of other things and then i get really sad

it sucks when i'm listening to asmr and that's too loud at points though

you don't have to understand big P philosophy to understand what dostoyevsky tends to focus on

let us all together be sad

Good evening.

hell yea mickelous

There is already a thread up, folks.

I wasn't talking about understanding. Just that it seems to cater to those sorts of people. Notes was certainly almost without plot.

they're alright, i listen to a lot of others though, like ephemeral rift, fredsvoice (he's a blonde, chiselled god), ppomo, phoenician sailor, and more, but primarily i listen to chinese asmr livestreamers on their streaming sites

i made this one first

Then they are bastards and need to die.

i don't think they knew
plus it's nicer here

that's an unfortunate group of people to patronize

why the chinese?

to help practice chinese, plus i think they're much better at asmr than most western people i've heard/seen

It's just as bad here as it is there. Ignorance is not an excuse. Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell.

i disagree, i don't think it's as bad here as it is in the other thread

give me this chinese shit please

It's bad everywhere. It's just a matter of what you're willing to put up with.

here's one i like most from my favourite content creator
bilibili.com/video/av11145484/

xuan zi is their name

now that i think about it i actually just don't care how it is anyhwere

oh yeah and there's like no male chinese asmr content creators i've found that are even half-okay

oh that's unfortunate, i really despise women and watch very few female asmr videos

i know what you mean, but i think an exception for me are asians

i was going to say 'she's much less horrible than all the white/korean women i've watched that do this' but now she's doing dick suck sounds and it's not great to me

are you talking about the mouth sounds?
yeah it does sound like dick sucking but if it didn't give me intense tingles i wouldn't listen to it

there's a few content creators that don't do that i have around

i kind of used to like it but i can't stand it anymore
i'm glad her vile tongue can provide you this burst of pleasure though

you listen to fredsvoice before?
i think he's really handsome

no but i will next

are we at limit or is no one posting pictures

you must or your sexual orientation may be in question

nobody is posting pictures, the other thread i guess has those

you goddamn gnat, i have fallen asleep to tony bamboni more than once

oo this is good

to be honest i stopped listening to his stuff, not sure why

i've never fallen asleep while listening to asmr, only close enough to where i want to got to bed

YES

only a man with a european accent could make something this profoundly heterosexual

he has the body and face of a god