Why do people pretend to like old movies just to seem like connoisseurs?

Why do people pretend to like old movies just to seem like connoisseurs?

All movies older than like 15 years or something are actually so bad, and you can't prove me wrong (pro tip). Movie science has progressed like literally any other over the years. Especially Star wars is trash, lazers and spaceships, that's all there is to it.

>All movies older than like 15 years or something are actually so bad.

I could prove you wrong but it would take far too much of my time, so i'll just say as long as movies like The Warriors or Road Warrior exist, your point is null, I'll chuck The Thing in for good measure, maybe Blade Runner, Alien too?

The list can go on and on and on and on.

A good film is a good film, there is no cutoff date of when it stops being good.

Han mabuke, nice B8 M8

What the fuck happened to Jabba between Episode one and Episode six

Went from bad 90s cgi to god tier 80s practical

I bet you use a nokia 3310 too, old man. Old movies are boring, everyone knows that so you might as well stop pretending.

Eating too many toads and snorting too much coke with Princess Leia. Coke has an opposite effect on Hutts. Instead of getting skinny, they get fat.

I bet you use a 4th gen iphone too. Old movies are boring, everyone knows that so you might as well stop pretending.

You're either b8ing, horribly underage, or have the attention span of a small child, here's a brief list of absolutely amazing older films:

L'avventura
Red Dessert
Au Hasard Balthazar
Mouchette
A Man Escaped
Pick pocket
Bicycle Theives
Umberto D.
Andrei Rublev
The Mirror
Stalker
The Sacrifice
Solaris
Winter Light
Persona
The Seventh Seal
Wild Strawberries
Fanny and Alexander
The Godfather (and its sequel)
Apocalypse Now
The Conversation
2001: a Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Barry Lyndon
The Shining
Eyes Wide Shut
Tokyo Story
Late Spring
Floating Weeds
An Autumn Afternoon
Seven Samurai
Rashomon
Ikiru
Ran

I could of course lists hundreds if not thousands more but you get the idea.

>no throne of blood

>Seven Samurai
only good one on that list

fuck you.

>Eyes Wide Shut
>Old film

Sorry almost put it but had tons o Kurosawa already

lol look at the pleb

right back at you

OP said the only good films were in the past 15 years, I assume you can count, but maybe you can'y because apparently you can't read.

What about the dollars trilogy

If you dont like the Dollars trilogy you are literally a beta cuck nu-male

Am I the only one who's never liked Star Wars movies? Even though it has an entire detailed universe and is a classic, memorable movie - something about it always has me bored. I mean really...the characters are boring Mary Sues swinging light sabers at each other. I'd rather read the Star Wars wikia about all the galactic wars and planets than watch the movies. Hell, I love playing good ol' Star Wars Battlefront but I just cannot stand the movies. I've watched all of them. So boring. Same with the comic book movies. I just really really hate action movies. They are literally all the same.
Fuck you if you disagree with me...lol

>Am I the only one
Yes. You're a special snowflake and you must be the only person of approximately 7 billion to not like Star Wars.

Literally nothing happens in that movie, its like watching sports. I would rather go outside and stare at a field desu. Old movies are for plebs.

Movies turned to shit in the earl 00's.

The best movies ever made are all pre-00's.

One word: Aliens.

>older then 15
This is objectively wrong.
Anything older then 35 is bad. 70's movies were horrible. 80's movies were the start of everything great.

Inappropriate.
DELETE THIS

>The character are boring Marry Sues

What? Do you even know what a Marry Sue is? Are you stupid or something?

>watching the first James Bond movies
>everyone except Sean Connery is horribly dubbed and not a single person in the movie can act except Sean Connery

I don't agree with OP but that's just something I never see anyone talk about.

>70's movies were horrible.
How do you even manage to get through a day without dying due to your own fucking stupidity?

((((((((((You))))))))))

Is this some kind of next-level bait where you're actually trying to get called out for being bait, is it just extremely unsubtle regular bait, or are all the posts calling this "bait" actually baiting people like me? I seriously don't even know anymore.