Why did God want to kill Jesus for our sins? That doesn't seem fair

Why did God want to kill Jesus for our sins? That doesn't seem fair.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/90Xx7PAiqY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus’ sacrifice is the means by which God delivers, or saves, humankind from sin and death. The Bible refers to the shed blood of Jesus as a ransom price. (Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:18, 19) Thus, Jesus said that he came “to give his life a ransom for many.”—Matthew 20:28, King James Version.

Cause he's the worse dad ever Jesus gave god a kick in the nuts for fathers day

Why is God bloodthirsty?

Y'know it's not real, right?

why did god drown the entire planet for his own mistake?

hes a hissy fit throwing cunt

Because around 2000 years ago people in the church wanted you to obey them so they made the story up to trick people into submission.

/r/Atheism

Because, unlike all other humans, Jesus was sinless. Only someone without sin could take the sin of others upon himself.

Coz sometimes he must destroy in order to create.

He was sinnless cause he never existed

So then I guess Jesus is the most sinful person to ever live. He must be one evil motherfucker.

And if you didn't follow along you fucking paid dearly. The whole thing revolves around death and pain, this isn't news.

Atheist here. Personally I believe Jesus did exist and did die on the cross. I don't think he was resurrected.

So why did God kill Jesus, because the story needed to make sense. Jesus was a cult leader and probably a pretty awesome dude, but he died... it's hard to convince people you're a god.

So, these people, the apostles who threw everything away to follow this dude, and were completely loyal to him except Judas, pushed this story and legend.

So God didn't kill Jesus, the justice system did, but then some dudes back in the day said, "oh god kill jesus for our sins."

Because God hates Jews.

Wrong, people of that time were doing many sins and didn't want to regret it, he gave them the oportunity to save themselves but almost anyone accepted it.

Do you really expect the story to make sense? You're asking too many questions.

The whole thing is a fairy tale Sup Forumstard

Well you have to understand the meta story. God created humans, and when they went astray, only gods sacrifice could save them. So he gave his life thru the son to redeem them.

God is just, so the dictates of justice must necessarily be satisfied.
Someone had to pay for sin, and Jesus was that person, being one with God.

in the old testament sin was only covered by the blood of an animal without blemish so God would over look the sin. A sin covering It wasn't a forgiveness of sin. Jesus was the perfect sacrifce, He was without sin, blameless and pure. There could be no one else for everyone else had sinned. When one accepts salvation offered by Jesus their sins are forgiven. Even Satan would have no knowlege of those sins. Jesus payed the price of peoples sins on the cross. He is like a bondsmen that payed your debt and brought you out of slavery.

Its the culmination of thousands of years of sacrificial atonements laid before the gods for repentance.

But Jesus didn't do anything, God got the wrong man!

That is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. How the fuck does going through that torture save anyone at all? Retarded bullshit.

Jesus is a masochist who tricked God into heaping all the tortures due everyone else on himself, and then spent 3 straight days jacking off in a cave before he came back out with that post-jerk glow

God was a sadist and masturbated over looking Jesus on cross

yes, all religion is bullshit. My girl friend worships medieval deities from India (she's from there).

I try to ignore the crazyiness since atheists are relatively uncommon.

Because YHWH hungers for blood. I quote to you the book of Exodus - "but the blood of the meat, thou shalt not eat: for the blood is the life, and it shall be mine."

God is a vampire, living on blood and suffering. Jesus threw himself into the maw of God to sate his bloodlust - the last 2,000 years are evidence of His failure.

People who actually believe as opposed to just hedging their bets or doing what their parents did are uncommon, as well

It's gods way of atonement.

To be born as a man.
To suffer and die as a man.
At the hands of men.

Why does God need a blood sacrifice?

I bet you wow us sheep with your intellect. Teach me please M'atheism

kek if god is just, then jesus went to hell for us after taking ao many sins and we are all sinless angels

Because he's a homicidal narcissist.

The more you suffer the more it shows you really care.........right.

You got that butthurt over a simple explanation? You must be the kind of inbred cunt that sends IKEA death threats over their instruction sheets.

Well, Judas did go to hell for betraying Jesus (something that dogmatically had to happen) so... Judas took on an eternity of suffering for the same act that saved humanity- Jesus' death- so in a way he's the real savior of humanity.

It's a manipulation designed to create need where there isn't one.

youtu.be/90Xx7PAiqY8

The first man, Adam, was created perfect, or without sin. He had the prospect of living forever but lost it by choosing to disobey God. (Genesis 3:17-19) When he had children, he passed on to them the defect of sin. (Romans 5:12) For this reason, the Bible indicates that Adam “sold” himself and his children into slavery to sin and death. (Romans 7:14) Being imperfect, none of them could buy back what Adam lost.—Psalm 49:7, 8.

God felt compassion for Adam’s descendants in their hopeless situation. (John 3:16) However, God’s standard of justice required that he not simply overlook or excuse their sins without a valid basis. (Psalm 89:14; Romans 3:23-26) God loves mankind, so he provided the necessary legal means for their sins to be not only forgiven but also eliminated. (Romans 5:6-8) The ransom is that legal basis.

i'll just say that have faith in our father and his master plan

there is no need of blood sacrifice anymore. The debt of sin has been paid forever more by Yeshua.Rather than a sin covering as was done in the old testament times Yeshua gives the gift of the Holy Spirit. You are sinless and a new creation.

It makes for a good story...Imagine if someone found a screenplay and read into it literally. The same reason why we love any drama, ever...just don't fall for it...the 4th wall is the camera...