Please try to explain how the death penalty is ethical at all

Please try to explain how the death penalty is ethical at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/just_deserts
tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_executed_offenders.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck niggers

Its better than rotting away in a cell for life and it costs less taxpayer money

it mostly applies to niggers

well der bcus two wrongs make a right ha-durr

Life without parole in American Human Kennels is worse than death for everyone involved.

>relating to moral principles
It's only ethical to bring just deserts to a murderer for the sake of the victim, the victim's family, and society.

>fucking this
if we didn't have it out jails would as full as the ones in the Philippines with hundreds of prisoners locked in rooms together

Death penalty actually costs about 50% more than a standard life sentence

Actually it doesn't

There are more appeals made for Death sentences and those costs alone far exceed what it costs to throw them away for life, in addition to clogging the court system and dragging out other cases, making them more expensive as well.

Then there's the issue of false convictions which happen quite often.

Honestly it would seem to me that life in cage is much worse than a few years in a cage and then getting killed.

But they are in some degrees, some prisons are so overfilled that they're having to house prisoners in local jails, and mandatory minimums on possession charges for shit like weed aren't helping.

Black people like shooting babies in the face.

But I don't know if I would call them people.

i think the only unethical about it is how long it takes to execute the people and how fucking expensive it is
couldnt we just shoot them and get it over with?
instead it takes 20 years and then the cocktail costs 20k or somthing

Some people cannot be redeemed, and it should not be the collective responsibility of citizenry to keep such animals alive and in good health for decades while keeping them contained in a brutal environment for the remainder of their life.
It is far kinder mercy than they showed their victim(s) to take their lives painlessly than they should have.

Why would the victims want just deserts?

Quite simple, an eye for and eye, let the punishment fit the crime. If you kill someone, you should be killed in return.

Spoken by someone who clearly doesn't know about the death penalty process

A murderer has forgone their right to life upon ending that of another's.

The alternative is life in prison, which is effectively a death penalty in its own right. If it were not for red tape, killing inmates would be far cheaper than hosting them until they die, a burden to the tax payer.

>couldnt we just shoot them and get it over with?
Because we live in a democracy with due process.

You want to get shot for a speeding ticket? Because basically that's what you're asking for.

That's the most common argument and honestly the most fucking retarded. Use that philosophy with anything else. We wouldn't torture people who have tortured right? We would beat people who have beaten people.

there are ways to fix this while saving the death penalty

1. eliminate the war on drugs
2. eliminate minimum sentencing requirements

this will help 'unclog' the criminal justice system because it works as a domino effect in a way.

many states could use judicial reform.
also, leave the death penalty to the states, and leave federal offences to the federal government.

t. pre law student

i meant instead of using the lethal injection cocktail that costs thousands of dollars we could just shoot them

>Because we live in a democracy
no we dont get fuckt

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/just_deserts
I know it's an ecksdeedeedee mum look what i posted post, but here's the definition for 'just deserts' for anyone that doesn't know.

10-15 years as mandatory appeals have to be played out unless the criminal waives all appeals and asks for a speedy termination.
I know exactly how the process works, and I know that 10-15 years is less than 40-50 years.
Dumbass.

Not an act of punishment. Merely a way to protect society by ridding it of a threat l while simultaneously deterring other crimes

>we live in a democracy

wrong

constitutional republic

It's in the Bible an eye for an eye

I find it to actually be better for the criminal than anyone else. Living and suffering daily is a better punishment than dying.

>Not an act of punishment.
but it is. to deny life, it is a punishment.
if you were to ask death row inmates if they wanted to live, what do you think they would say?

therefore it's a punishment, but the second half of your comment is true.

the whole non cherry picked phrase is "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

>It's in the Bible
MEGALUL

That won't happen within our lifetime so long as politicians and then general populace are disconnected from the facts of why crime happens, and what happens to criminals once they've been rotated through the institution a few times with out proper rehabilitation.

Prison is like college for criminals they make connections and get trained for worse and worse crimes, and once they're let out they are barely given any chance to do otherwise as businesses won't hire them, the state didn't bother to train them for legitimate jobs, and their only connections to making a wage are other criminals.

bro how do you even know if you've never died. you're kind of a pussy if you want out just because shit gets hard.

>I have icecream
>wrong, you have a chocolate sundae with sprinkles

Its basically the same fucking thing

The 20 years part is the most expensive though. And you really can't get rid of that unless you just want to rip up the constitution.

Which would you rather have? A guard waking you up whenever the fuck they feel like it, having to have a cell mate who could and would rape you, food that will make you sick and ill, inmates that wanna beat you to death, or being executed or sitting on death row?

everything you said is pretty much true.

but we live in a world of immense communication, more than ever before. it's essential to educate the public. It can only get better.

there was a time when people were burned at the stake for witchcraft.

isnt spending your entire life in prison being denied life as well?

if you think I'm arguing semantics, you're wrong. a democracy is different from a constitutional republic. this is.. what, 8th grade US history?

Some prisoners have proven they are too dangerous to keep alive such as the two who killed the two prison guards in Georgia last week.

I'm a Prison Guard, ama

>Please try to explain how the death penalty is ethical at all.
You forfiet your right to your own life when you take another's.
Ethics as western civilization know it are built on religous fundamentals.
Eye for an eye.

Some people deserve death for the crimes they did so who cares?

You guys favor inmates based on affiliation

Why should society support scourge who are of sound mind but choose to be a negative asset aswell as disregard the law of the land that makes said society function in the first place.

do they deserve to live?

>It's in the Bible
MEGALUL

I'd rather just not rape and mutilate the bodies of 40 innocent people to even be put in prison and considered for death penalty in the first place.

life in prison is a punishment
being denied life is the ultimate punishment

I guarantee you, ask a number of death row inmates and the overwhelming majority are willing to plead for their life behind bars.

A bullet is cheaper then keeping them alive in a prison cell for 50 years.

I've came close to facing 2-25 yrs. My lawyer was good though. Prison fucking sucks. I'd rather die.

Bruh that's not how it is they have tvs and basketball courts and shit they just chill for 40 years and fuck. No responsibilities

>being denied life is the ultimate punishment
what about punishments that cause the victims to plead for death?

Well, it doesn't actually work like that per say but yes the prison are 100% run by gangs. I normally run an entire unit (cell block) by myself, each unit houses up to 200 inmates. If I have trouble with one of the inmates, I just go to head Blood, head Crip, head UAB, ect. they normally sort shit out for us willingly because reasons.

Yes, most of the inmates locked up in my state are just habbitual drug offenders. That is, they like to smoke a little weed but have been caught multiple times doing it and are now locked up for 25+ years. Fucking stupid and a waste of tax payer money imo. However, we do have guys that probably should be executed, the psychopaths and serial killers.

but no pussayy

If you kill a person you get killed in return. This will lower murder across the country and lower prison numbers effectively saving money and resources...It also kills a lot of niggers

you're insinuating a scenario.
like I said, I guarantee most will plead for life.
it's only human instinct to do so.

tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_executed_offenders.html

this is my state's death row log, current of all executed offenders and their last statements. read them.

We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong

Except it does the opposite and costs much more money

I was facing 10 and I didn't want to live if I got sentenced, got probation instead.

They really don't, dude.

Same. Damn near violated too.

Damn dude tf did you do?

Except it doesn't as every criminal thinks he has the perfect crime planned out and thinks he'll get away with it.

Otherwise they wouldn't kill someone in the first place.

Wrong. Gandhi said that.

>ethical
>hurr durr why is it ethical to remove a rapist/murderer/traitor from the earth

The thing is, ethics were thrown out of the window whenever these people went out and committed some horrific act.

They're not fit for civilized society. Putting them through the already clogged legal system is but a waste of tax-payer expenses and raises their chances of being released out into the public.

>hurr durr so ur onlee intrestedd in da monee

Not only am I interested in where the money taken out of my check goes, it pisses me off that it's going to some asswipe on deathrow getting three hot meals and a bed to sleep in.

I shouldn't have to pay it and neither do you.

Furthermore, do you not give a shit about the safety of your fellow human being? It doesn't have to be me or you, but say some sociopath serving a life sentence gets commuted because of good-behavior. You REALLY think after being locked in an institution for an extended period of time that he'll just waltz back into the world with a humbled attitude? PFFT. Good one.

The justice system isn't about rehabilitation anymore, they can't keep up with the massive influx of people. They'd rather just have them do their time and get rid of em' as soon as they can.

This post is such a fucking joke.

killing people isn't wrong it's who you kill, how and why. Justice is justice even if it involves death.

The death penalty spends way more money than life imprisonment because of the appeals process, and also risks killing innocents which we know has happen thanks to organizations such as The Innocence Project, which has exonerated people the state already put to death.

so you know, it's stupid

That second wrong solves the problem, doesn't it?

Wrong. It was in Hammurabi's code.

innocence project is a wonderful thing.
most of these false convictions were handed out before the age of DNA and advances in ballistics, etc.
it's no reason to abolish the death penalty.

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP SAYING ITS CHEAPER TO KILL PEOPLE ITS NOT

>>>Hurr durr, something about niggers because I don't have anything interesting to add.

Here's an actual opinion for you. I say no, because the risk of executing an innocent person outweighs any benefit from killing them versus life in prison.

Thoughts?

roll

It is faggot. I hope you die in my arms cuz i will see you eat my shit when people look at me eating your shitty shit shit shit dog food you dumbfuck

why?

>Yes, most of the inmates locked up in my state are just habbitual drug offenders. That is, they like to smoke a little weed but have been caught multiple times doing it and are now locked up for 25+ years. Fucking stupid and a waste of tax payer money imo.
yeah that is pretty stupid.
interesting post thanks

>what

maybe that'd work if judges and prosecutors were all competent. also cops like to try to coerce people into taking plea deals too. maybe if those problems get fixed the death penalty will be a better idea.

Is justice ethical?

yeah you can fix this by getting a glock and 1 round. boom death penalty only cost around a buck

Define Justice, And then define what is actually good for state, and then define what REALLY prevents crime in the first place.

Would you murder someone if you knew that you would also die for doing it? Currently the only reason states do not actually do it (except retarded CA) is the cost. The cost is high only because of the amount of appeals they get.

I just don't understand why people would want someone to face death penalty anyway. Like you said, there are risks and they won't be hurting anyone in jail. At least they can fucking live if they want to

Fuck ethical. Life for a life is fair and every place should have it. But it has to be 100% proven case. If there's even a little doubt, then nah.

You fucking edgelords whach the life drain from someones eyes and still continue with your ignorant, careless and AUTISTIC attitudes. Watching that light turn off in someones eyes is so powerful, some psycopaths murder people just to experience watching it. Any kind of death is a curse. If you want someone dead, inject them yourselves. Watch them yourselves, watch the fucking fear in their eyes.

>Inb4 accusations of moral faggotry.

Also, kill pedos though, fucking slime.

Why not just put them in jail?

It does. Suck it m8

>whach

Let me guess, mobile edition?

Funny you say that becuase 9 times out of ten that's not what the criminal is thinking about when he commits a crime.

He's only concerned about getting away with because he think's he's smarter than the system.

Why you do you think so many niggers get locked up?

He will still be able to enjoy life. Your taxes will feed him and pay for the guards.

oh trust me i know human rights and all that shit wont let it happen, but why not? someone explain to me why a child molester or fucking some life life bit of scum who killed a child deserve anything "humane" fuck them they are dirt they deserve to be put down like the animal they are "human rights" is the biggest joke this planet ever came up with.

>He will still be able to enjoy life.
Says the person who's never seen bars in his life.

You put someone to death. Later, you find they didn't do it.

Do you see a problem with this?

Same person gets life in prison. Sure, that sucks, but they now have the time from what would have been their execution date+ any time until their natural death for new evidence to come up an exonerate them.

Don't see a problem with this?

Well....why the fuck are you part of the discussion?

Is that St. Vincent?

I was under arrest for 3 months when under investigation, mate. Not really jail, but still same shit.
I didn't do the crime and I wasn't convicted of it either.

They also know they wont be executed. They also know if they do get caught they can sit on their ass in the pen and get a free education and learn how to be better criminals and that they will eventually get out.

>This.

This is a genuine issue.