NFL confirmed dead in 2 decades

NFL confirmed dead in 2 decades

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/24/study-finds-heading-football-immediate-effect-brain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What else was the nigger going to do? Selling drugs and gang banging are much more dangerous

0/10

Baseball you fucking mongoloid

So what you're saying is

Bo DIDN'T Know

Nice bait

Interesting that we have a lot of information now yet I don't see players retiring "just cause" now

What an attention whoring nigger. As if we all didn't know that after him and his agent put out that embarassing 30 for 30

Chris Borland

Megatron, lynch and a bunch of others have

Nah, it will just lose some % of the middle class. Poor and desperate, plus those who really love the sport, will continue to play and hope to go pro. The NFL has bigger issues in balancing player safety and keeping viewers entertained. Subjective rules are not good.

What about CFL?

More of those kids are gonna go basketball, baseball and soccer since it's safer and there's more money to be made in those sports

canada has a lot more maximum settlement specifications

think the problem with the nfl wasn't that they didn't know, they did, and hid the evidence

cfl doesn't have access to medical facilities like the nfl, more plausible deniability

Why do niggers act like they'd be making millions if they weren't athletes?

soccer has far more head injuries, at the school level (which is where the majority of players actually play the game), than football.

This sounds like bullshit and the someone's manipulating stats. How many of those head injuries are actually severe.

Source?

@73630119
(You) have to try harder than that

Washed up and stank rich

He would have made millions if he kept playing baseball.
He would have had a better and longer career in baseball.

underrated

Do you even know bo?

I honestly don't know why guys play on cfl , you get paid Jackshit and your fuckin your brain up in the process.

kek

>be racist
>be retarded
amazing how often that happens
some have retired
But the main thing is, players already in the pros, who already dedicated their life to this and are already making millions, haven't.
Now, what about the high school and college players doing it for the very slim chance of being pro some day? Especially for high school when I think the parents have to sign off on it. We're going to start seeing a lot fewer players taking the risks in high school and college, because instead of getting millions of dollars and fame for their concussions all they get is a small chance of fame and fortune. In 20 years then, we're going to have less talent in the NFL than we do now

Have you ever headed a ball before? Those things are heavy and fly fast, you can honestly feel your head rattle a bit after heading a particularly fast ball, not unbelievable that a lot of people get head injuries from it.

He was from a wealthy family though if I remember correctly

>racists are retarded

Reminder life has a conservative (and racist) bias and if you deny that, then you deny nature itself. Get your head out of your ass liberal and open your eyes

I listened to an NPR report some months ago (it might have been a radiolab episode) where they interviewed a woman who was the sister to an NFL player, the daughter of an NFL player, married an NFL player, and asked her "do you want your kid to play football?"

After telling her life story going on laughing and being proud about her family being football players she said she didn't know. She was conflicted because it's such a strong force in her family but she can't come to endorse it for her kid due to the new light on prermanent head injuries. The kid, who was described as some kind of giant 8 year old, was asked a couple questions and it seemed like he didn't want to do it.

people have been saying this for the last 30 years

just fuck off already

I'm wondering if the pads and helmets are making it worse. I wonder what would happen if the NFL just used rugby uniforms?

Yes, why can't everybody be as smart and red-pilled as the anti-vaxxer creationists who pretend global warming isn't real (and who pretend that a substantial increased awareness of significant brain trauma won't eventually cause students and parents to ditch football)?

Maybe enforce crowning more strictly, but that can be subjective without instant replay. We're still stuck with too many players tackling top of the helmet first.

They wouldn't do that without the helmets.

Headers only cause concussions for women because their center of gravity breaks at the waist and they have weak necks. Men don't get head injuries from headers, but contact + rotation when hitting another player. No sport is safe from concussions but soccer and rugby are both safer than hockey and football.

>creationists

so the people who think that we all just bleed red, mannnnn?

He was also a really talented baseball player.

theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/24/study-finds-heading-football-immediate-effect-brain

So do old divegrass players get parkinson a lot?

wtf are you even trying to say?

Really made me think

Me

I can't find the source but there was an article a while back on the BBC (I think) about how most of the 1966 world cup side who are still alive are all getting alzheimers and dementia, pretty sad. Worth mentioning in their era the balls were way fucking heavier than what they use now, but still heading a football that's travelling at 40mph is going to have an effect

I'm not a creationist, I would Vax my kids if I had any, I believe global warming is real although it's hugely overblown, and I wouldn't put my kid into football. I'm also a race realist and believe that there is a wide gap between whites and blacks intelligence that is due to genetics, and believe every Muslim should be sent back to the middle east. Sorry I don't fit snugly into your right wing category you brain dead liberal

Men might not get concussions from headers, but basic logic suggests to me that heading a fast-traveling ball over and over again across two or more decades isn't going to be very good for the ol' noggin'.

>complains about political correctness
>uses "race realist" for exact same reasons

Really joggin' my noggin', leaf

It needs impact and rotation. The key to heading a ball is that there is a sweet spot on your forehead which is the direct middle of the position of the brain. If a ball hits that point, the brain doesn't rotate. This why woodpeckers can do what they do. This place is learned by most people playing the sport because hitting another point is painful. Furthermore, the balls being used today are a lot lighter than they were ten twenty thirty years ago.
It isn't the best thing for the head, but it is not enough to touch the concussion dangers in football.

>race realist
>says some racist shit
U r a neckbeardo

>its safe for woodpeckers so its safe for people too

i've always said humans basically are just bigger woodpeckers

Sorry you had to pull a complete 180 on the original point in order to not come across sounding like a complete fucking retard, you retard
>be white supremacist
>call others "brain dead liberals" when they expose you for being a fucking retard
nicely done

Bo was one of the first NFL athletes to take elephant levels of steroids so he was part of the problem and not part of the solution.

NFL hits are 3 times as hard as they were in Bo's day. What a whiner.

Reminder that as human beings we have pretty much committed our species to denying nature. Fuck nature.

are you really going to look me in the face and tell me that whites and asians aren't vastly more intelligent than other races, on average? just kill yourself if you think the reason IQ differences exist between races and genders is "society" or "the patriarchy."

also, football will never die. helmet technology will get better and better and there will start being season-long suspensions for hits to the head and lifetime bans for repeat offenders in the worst case scenario, starting at the youth level.

>asians
>intelligent
Sorry, that IQ doesn't mean shit when they are all uncreative hivemind drones. Stop pushing this shitty "asians are cool too!!" meme, tojo.

so what are some of the advancements to humanity that modern """intelligent""" china has contributed?

>IQ difference between American blacks and African blacks is the same as the IQ difference between American blacks and American whites
yeah you're right user I'm sure it's all because american blacks are as genetically distinct from African blacks as they are from American whites. It's not like tons of environmental factors have a significant impact on IQ or anything.
>be white supremacist
>have such a low IQ that you can't understand anything about IQs

>also, football will never die.
It will die unless they make changes. That's the point: Football as it is right now will die, and it's already losing high school players who would have become the next generation of NFL players. Every year it takes them to fix their concussion problem they're going to keep losing more and more talent.
Also, those changes might not happen if Mr. Trump gets to "Make America Great Again" as he would put it, see pic-related of >Oop, oop! Got a little ding on the head.
>our new President unironically mocks the idea of preventing severe brain injury in the NFL

Rise of Rugby

Helmets don't protect from concussions dumb ass. A brain rattling around is the issue

People need to quit being fucking pussies.

>smash each others head full force
>wow my brain is fucked now

when you have a motorcycle helmet, you wear it praying to god that you don't crash. when you do, you have to throw that helmet away per DOT regulations.

after one or two crashes, especially after any sort of head injury, the doctor will tell you that you should probably give up on riding motorcycles.

>football will never die

It will, and when it does (Boreswing will be dead long before though) what will you do?

I'll never understand how the NFL for the past decade has been simotaniously bashed for player safety and for wearing too much safety gear by eurofags

>I didn't directly reply that'll show him!

The autism is real

>hahaha amerifats are such pussies for wearing a helmet and pads
>hahaha stupid amerifats getting brain damage for playing a sport

Football players know what theyre getting into when they play. If you have a problem with them getting concussions for making pennies then fuck off.

2 decades is actually a pretty long time

kek

They aren't retiring because it's a million dollar paycheck and this is something they've trained all their lives for. The problem isn't with current players dropping the sport now. The problem lies with parents not having their kids do peewee or highschool ball. If a kid never steps on a highschool field, a college won't recruit him. There's going to be a decrease in the recruiting pool for colleges in coming years, and due to people cutting back on contact drills, there's going to be severe dearth in quality offensive linemen and defensive players. You'll probably always have your QBs, WRs, and RBs though, but the majority of them are going to be way less skilled and able to take a hit or deal a hit than their predecessors.

The sport is going to eventually evolve into watching desperate formerly poor people struggle to hit each other with terrible technique and fail to catch some speed demon running the ball down the sidelines. Then the sport is going to die from ratings because the actual product will be subpar as fuck. So we'll still have football, but it's going to go the way of Boxing. Something you catch on ESPN2 while flipping channels on a random Wednesday night.

How to unfuck the NFL in 2 easy steps.

1. Eliminate hard helmets and shoulder pads and go with a nylon padded system designed to prevent cuts and help absorb some of the impact.

2. Mandate wrapping your arms around the ball carrier when tackling and penalize hitting without wraps.

The damage is coming from niggers running full tilt at each other and just trying to drive a shoulder into a motherfucker instead of doing a proper tackle with arm wraps, and they do this because of the protection provided by the kit.

It's not that crazy. I played football for 6 years and hockey for 8 with one concussion total, but got 2 in one season when I switched to varsity soccer junior year. Heading balls when you aren't perfect with at it results in a lot of head/face injuries. 8

So basically turn it into rugby?

No, football.

The same way it was BEFORE all the plastic bullshit made players feel practically invincible.

Because he could also rake it in with baseball, no shit.

Fucking retard.

You do it with your forehead, you learn to do it as a kid because otherwise your head fucking hurts

Yeah, man, just walk off that severe brain trauma and get back in the game.

It worked for Junior Seau!

Well, sorta.

thanks omalu

quality and skill level were lower in the past and people still watched and actually the overall product was much better and real than today's glittery plastic shit. football's here to stay and you better find a way to deal with it

>he think rugby is football with proper tackling

Pussies that wouldnt play football because it hurts existed back then too. Football will always continue as long as hard motherfuckers continue to exist.